Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner charging for December when requesting it cancel cpanel license
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner charging for December when requesting it cancel cpanel license

Hello_WorldHello_World Member
edited November 2021 in General

Company say you will charged for whole month no matter when order the cpanel license. I have migrated to some other panel and did the migration. Now, I am not using cpanel. When i request to cancel the license, they are saying that you can't cancel license before December 31, 2021.

I don't understand the logic. When you charged for whole month and i don't want to for December, why can't you cancel the same.

What i know, Cpanel has monthly contract where they charge for whole month. Anyone explain Here.

I am happy with the services of Hetzner and i have refered 10 to 15 clients to them but always faced issue with cpanel license.

Comments

• You have fallen foul of Hetzner's strict, yet clearly defined cancellation policies. They are not the same as most of the providers in the LE*. Take it on the chin and chalk it up to experience.

Thanked by 2K4Y5 tux
  • So here is what Hetzner have on their website
    https://docs.hetzner.com/robot/dedicated-server/operating-systems/cpanel/

If I understand correctly, you should be able to cancel the license at the end of November, not December

• Hello_WorldHello_World Member
    edited November 2021

I thought it is normal to cancel before the the months end. Lesson learned, never buy license from Hetzner.

• I can't find anywhere the info that you have to pay for the next month.
    Did they send you any link or official info about that?

• This is probably due to how cPanel does their invoicing, invoicing is done every 15th of the month by cPanel so the period 15th November - 14th December has already started.

So I don't blame them since they are already being charged for your license.

• @zafouhar said: the period 15th November - 14th December has already started

It doesn't explain why OP can only cancel on Dec 31

• @comXyz said:

@zafouhar said: the period 15th November - 14th December has already started

It doesn't explain why OP can only cancel on Dec 31

30-day (or calendar month) notice period on cancellation? Cancelling now without prior notice makes the notice period until near the end of December. If their billing period is from the 1st of the month (ignoring cPanel's invoicing cycle) then that means paying for the whole of December as monthly licenses are generally not prorated.

• @Hello_World said:
    I thought it is normal to cancel before the the months end. Lesson learned, never buy license from Hetzner.

I assume you mean never buy anything from Hetzner - their cancellation policy is the same for all services I think.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited November 2021

@Nekki or maybe is his first time cancelling something with hetzner.

• @Hxxx said:

Perhaps, understandable and I did it myself the first time I cancelled a dedicated server. I however reviewed the T&Cs with the intention of disputing this via support and when I found I was wrong, put it down to experience, rather than immediately put on my nappy and run crying abs screaming to the forum.

Thanked by 2Falzo tux
  • @Nekki said: their cancellation policy is the same for all services I think.

Their cloud servers are billed hourly and they are great value.

Thanked by 1tux
  • @cadddr said: Their cloud servers are billed hourly and they are great value.

Well there you go. We've all learned something today.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2021

You are now learning the basics of the contract law and the concept of a contractual notice.

Thanked by 1tux
  • @Hxxx said:

The OP had a very similar question back in April, so it's not obvious that he has learned the lesson

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/171131/some-question-related-to-cpanel

• @angstrom said:

@Hxxx said:

The OP had a very similar question back in April, so it's not obvious that he has learned the lesson

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/171131/some-question-related-to-cpanel

It's does seem like 95% of the folks on this forum are either thick as pigshit or faceless Purple Daddy cronies.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@Clouvider said:
    You are now learning the basics of the contract law and the concept of a contractual notice.

Internet life makes it really hard for kids to learn that.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @deank said: Internet life makes it really hard for kids to learn that.

Being entitled little fuckwads makes it hard for them to learn that.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Nekki maybe you went too far on that comment. Not everyone have the same experiences. We can be respectful and still share knowledge.

• @Hxxx said: @Nekki maybe you went too far on that comment. Not everyone have the same experiences. We can be respectful and still share knowledge.

Nowt to do with experience, 100% to do with being a shitwad. What experience leads you to come crying on a forum because things didn't pan out the way you wanted?

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited November 2021

@Nekki the thread doesn't read like a rant, he or she, just want to understand the logic behind paying a license for a future month that he or she is not going to use. To be honest Hetzner billing always cause confusion to their customers.

• @Hxxx said: @Nekki the thread doesn't read like a rant, he or she, just want to understand the logic behind paying a license for a future month that he or she is not going to use.

Then why aren't they reading the terms of cancellation or it discussing with Hetzner instead of bitching here?

• @Nekki the issue is the culture of LET. Some individuals just want to communicate and solve everything through this medium. It doesn't make sense, but it is what it is.

• @Hxxx said:
    @Nekki the issue is the culture of LET. Some individuals just want to communicate and solve everything through this medium. It doesn't make sense, but it is what it is.

I WILL DESTROY THIS CULTURE

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited November 2021

@Nekki yes you can. Just be gentle and cordial. Have a happy tentacles rest of day.

• @Hxxx said:
    @Nekki yes you can. Just be gentle and cordial. Have a happy tentacles rest of day.

AND TO YOU, GOOD SIR

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Hxxx said: Just be gentle and cordial

What in the chicken fried cunt is this, a suggestion that @Nekki chill out? You know what that gets you...

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • @jar said:

@Hxxx said: Just be gentle and cordial

What in the chicken fried cunt is this, a suggestion that @Nekki chill out? You know what that gets you...

TONIGHT….YOU

Thanked by 2Hxxx jar