Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH how is their support now?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH how is their support now?

Hello,
Coming from Hetzner, I am interested to try a dedicated server from OVH but I am worried about their support in case of hardware failure. Do they reply fast?
I had an old incident with them with VPS, and usual reply was between 24h ~ 48h. I hope it is not the same with their dedicated servers.

Comments

• Hardware incidents are pritty quick if you open a ticket via there API, if you open a ticket normal way it can take very long. I opened a ticket to change ram via API and it was replaced with 15 mins.

• What is the normal ticket and API ticket?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2021

So far so good for me. But if you want it to scale with you they want you to pay for it: https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/support-levels/plans/

Which is understandable. They're competitive on price but people complained about support, so they did something about it.

• dann00dann00 Member, Patron Provider

@bissag said:
    What is the normal ticket and API ticket?

API tickets are predefined tickets that can be opened via the API that are automatically escalated (afaik) to onsite staff for hardware replacements.

eg, https://ca.api.ovh.com/console/#/dedicated/server/{serviceName}/support/replace/cooling#POST

imo their regular support has gotten worse in the last 12 months after they've added the tiered support - If what you want done can be done via the API (eg hardware replacement) you're usually fine, but if you've got a more in depth network issue / billing issue good luck.

Thanked by 1ask_seek_knock
  • gowthamgowtham Member, Host Rep

If the Monitoring option is enabled and there is hardware failure, OVH replaces them quit fast. One time they replaced Motherboard and SSDs/data cables replaced in 40-50minutes.

• @jar said:
    So far so good for me. But if you want it to scale with you they want you to pay for it: https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/support-levels/plans/

Which is understandable. They're competitive on price but people complained about support, so they did something about it.

Precisely, they're cheap and labor wasn't really added into the price of the lower offerings, as to be expected. The margins are slim.

Thanked by 1jar
  • KermEdKermEd Member
    edited November 2021

I was seeing about 3 days for a rather simple support request. They went back and forth 3 times with multiday delays between responses... and then told me I need to contact billing and closed the ticket :D. So not even sure how to contact their billing department let alone fix am account issue not in their profile panel. I'd rate, not worth getting excited about.

• Off late, I have had much faster response with SYS than OVH. Take what you will from that. :lol:

• Their support has been much better since last few months. I usually got reply within 12 hours with useful information.

They even assign someone from billing department when it's related to billing.

• Canada support is good. Yesterday opened a ticket and responed within 45 minutes.

• dann00dann00 Member, Patron Provider

@gowtham said:
    If the Monitoring option is enabled and there is hardware failure, OVH replaces them quit fast. One time they replaced Motherboard and SSDs/data cables replaced in 40-50minutes.

It's about the same speed as if you request a hardware replacement via the API, which is good. I do like their monitoring system a lot.