Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GINERNET - KVM + 1 core + 1GB RAM + 10GB NVMe - 10Gbps - Spain Madrid Interxion - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GINERNET - KVM + 1 core + 1GB RAM + 10GB NVMe - 10Gbps - Spain Madrid Interxion

2»

Comments

• BKKHKBKKHK Member
    edited November 2021

I mean it’s clearly one of your LG’s.

Not to nitpick or anything but Madrid -> Paris -> Madrid is not exactly “optimised” as a route, regardless of your (upstream) peering agreements.

I’d find it hard to justify either on technical or ethical grounds, but yeah…

(Also private peerings exist for a reason.)

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2021

If you want to see how we route the traffic in our VPS, you must use the looking glass for Full BGP: http://lg.ginernet.com/

Telxius LG shows you how Telxius routes its traffic...

@BKKHK said:
    I’d find it hard to justify either on technical

Then you lack knowledge of how BGP works.

(Also private peerings exist for a reason.)

Just what you are seeing is the peering agreement that Telxius and HE have to exchange traffic in Paris because they do not have a peering agreement in Madrid.

But I insist, this is not the route we offer to our customers...
    You can check our routes in our Full BGP LG: http://lg.ginernet.com/

Thanked by 1Edding
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Giner actually has a very useful set of LGs, you can test from the full blend and from any of their upstreams separately. It is not a silly idea at all and I use them all the time.

If you do not like a Telxius route, you should talk to them... but good luck with that.

With Giner, Telxius is not used for the mentioned destination, so this is a non-issue. Try testing from your VPS instead of the Telxius looking glass.

Thanked by 1jmginer
  • @jmginer said:

@BKKHK said:

Way to go to insult your potential customers.

/thread

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited November 2021

@BKKHK said:

@jmginer said:

@BKKHK said:

/thread

Someone has sand in their 'giner lol

Does the server have downtime roughly every 28 days for maintenance?

• @BKKHK said:

@jmginer said:

@BKKHK said:

Let's be honest: he's right, isn't he? Your using an LG that only uses routes from one uplink and are complaining that this one uplink is sending your data through France. Yet you're only measuring this particular uplink and not their full routes.

The fact that you don't really understand what's happening proves that you don't understand BGP. That's not embarrassing at all, most people don't really know how it works. The fact that you're offended by it, makes it a lot more embarrassing.

Thanked by 1jmginer