Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

web hosting mafia: Litespeed + CloudLinux + cPanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

web hosting mafia: Litespeed + CloudLinux + cPanel

many shared web hosting companies now forcing users to change to Litespeed instead of Apache and also that requires paying for the license in most cases--

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/litespeed-or-apache-for-wordpress/

cPanel (Oakley Corp) already acquired Plesk...

what happens when they acquire Litespeed or CloudLinux? or making secret agreements...

no wonder why the old mafias (EIG / GoDaddy) refuse to integrate these software, they see exactly what is happening and probably scared or planning also acquisitions lol

perhaps cPanel will stop supporting PHP-FPM and open source PHP handlers or make them more buggy until all web hosts forced to change to the LSPHP instead or abandon Apache...

sounds crazy? it is already happening--

https://archive.md/dgGxs

Note: To utilize this handler’s full functionality, your system must run CloudLinux.

cPanel will keep buying any control panel that is getting popular, and then force you to use only Litespeed and CloudLinux... seems like that is shared hosting future!!

if you are a talented developer then CONTRIBUTE to open source projects like Apache, PHP-FPM, Nginx, Caddy to stop any monopoly, even DirectAdmin or Cyberpanel is a good alternative

and if you still used cPanel/Plesk after 10+ years so learn some fucking DevOps already

Litespeed shills, I am ready for you >:)

Comments

• Hey, I remember you. Where's the fancy graphs this time 'round?

Thanked by 1Boogeyman
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

shared hosting companies are already mostly using Litespeed cuz it's light years ahead of apache on a fully loaded servers. It also handles WordPress unconfigured 10x better.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • that's why I use ApisCP.
    without Litespeed, Apache runs very well with ApisCP.
    And, I don't have to waste a lot of money on monthly subscription like CloudLinux, Softaculous, immunify360, Mailchannels, and WP toolkit which is its main feature in ApisCP

Thanked by 2brandort kaz050457
  • @skorupion said: shared hosting companies are already mostly using Litespeed cuz it's light years ahead of apache on a fully loaded servers. It also handles WordPress unconfigured 10x better.

this is how to identify affiliate-link shills who never login SSH before in their entire life :D

Apache is the king of web servers for 30+ years and light years ahead of Litespeed because it has a real open source community and no private corporation

@fbmy said: that's why I use ApisCP. without Litespeed, Apache runs very well with ApisCP.
    And, I don't have to waste a lot of money on monthly subscription like CloudLinux, Softaculous, immunify360, Mailchannels, and WP toolkit which is its main feature in ApisCP

thank you for sharing, we need more reliable panels and especially PHP-FPM integration...

Thanked by 2devp lentro

@brandort said: this is how to identify affiliate-link shills who never login SSH before in their entire life

and most people who buy shared hosting don't give a fuck about ssh and all of those fancy shit features. They just want to upload their site point their domain to the shared hosting IP and have a very well optimized and fast website without any bullshit ssh, config files, etc. If ya want apache you need to configure it, if you want it to be quick, but then might as well fuck any control panel and just use cmd.

• @skorupion said: and most people who buy shared hosting don't give a fuck about ssh and all of those fancy shit features. They just want to upload their site point their domain to the shared hosting IP and have a very well optimized and fast website without any bullshit ssh, config files, etc. If ya want apache you need to configure it, if you want it to be quick, but then might as well fuck any control panel and just use cmd.

thanks we accept your apology buddy lol

now please stop spamming this thread with Litespeed cult brain-washing...

"bullshit ssh" :D :D :D

@jsg is this dude ur brother?

• @brandort said:
    thank you for sharing, we need more reliable panels and especially PHP-FPM integration...

maybe you are not familiar with this future control panel
    https://forums.apiscp.com/t/php-fpm-integration-released/144

Thanked by 1brandort
  • LeviLevi Member
    edited November 2021

What exactly needs to be configured on apache to bring "speed"? Apache 2.4 default configs in most cases are good enough.

Thanked by 1brandort
  • ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2021

@fbmy said:
    that's why I use ApisCP.
    without Litespeed, Apache runs very well with ApisCP.

I have also used this panel for a while, it has potential, but right now wow. The amount of bugs I have seen is crazy. Maybe next year this will be something that's competitive to the existing panels but right now it's not ideal.

I am still looking to purchase some more pro licenses, up to 5 more for each of my shared hosting location, heck maybe even more because I'm doing a cluster of servers setup

clientexec, apiscp is the ideal setup. But again both of these doesn't feel finished. But I do think that in the future everyone will want to run this kind of setup

Thanked by 1brandort
  • cPanel and CL already have some sort of relation behind the curtain. LS is like launching more types of products and take everything themselves. Fear not, there are lot of alternatives you can contribute to if you wish. And there will be more players in this field.

Thanked by 2kkrajk brandort
    edited November 2021

@Boogeyman said:
    And there will be more players in this field.

That is true but good luck trying to unwind the litespeed good, apache bad brainwashing that's been happening

Thanked by 1brandort
  • @jmgcaguicla said: Hey, I remember you. Where's the fancy graphs this time 'round?

Maybe he increased graph price and marketing team didn't agree.

@ezeth said: That is true but good luck trying to unwind the litespeed good, apache bad brainwashing that's been happening

LS is a bloat. By default it has all those rings and bells that makes WP and other things faster. But if you tweak apache/nginx you will probably get similar/better results.

• mafia still alive because most shared hosting customers are married with cpanel / litespeed

Thanked by 2ezeth brandort
  • @Boogeyman said:

@jmgcaguicla said: Hey, I remember you. Where's the fancy graphs this time 'round?

Maybe he increased graph price and marketing team didn't agree.

@ezeth said: That is true but good luck trying to unwind the litespeed good, apache bad brainwashing that's been happening

LS is a bloat. By default it has all those rings and bells that makes WP and other things faster. But if you tweak apache/nginx you will probably get similar/better results.

My 2c, from my experience - i.e. as far as I can see:

As an ordinary (dumb) customer, I can say that WordPress generally runs faster with providers who offer CloudLinux + LiteSpeed, regardless of whether they do it with the cPanel or DirectAdmin control panel.

It has also been my experience that, as far as control panels go, cPanel hosting has a lot fewer "hiccups" compared to DirectAdmin. It may not be down to the panel, maybe just providers still haven't figured it all out (most have just started using DirectAdmin after cPanel's pricing change & hike).

Most "normal" people I communicate with regarding "them websites," are 0% interested in all that stuff, they just want their sites to work well and fast, with as little effort from them as possible. Some are willing and able to pay an expert for the web-related stuff, but many try to save money and do things on their own.

With all that considered, cPanel, CloudLinux and LiteSpeed have a very strong market position. I've been looking into the budget, and especially free open source alternatives and couldn't find anything that works nearly as well in practice.

I'm sure that there are people who could configure a VPS, or a dedi to work fine with WP (though I doubt that would go too well without configuring WP as well, especially caching, most probably using W3TC plugin or similar). But I highly doubt that, price-wise, it would come close to even the "premium" shared hosting provider pricing.

So that brings us back to square one - cPanel + CloudLinux + LiteSpeed allowing shared hosting to still be relatively cheap, with quite good performance. And sure, cPanel and those other corps are making tons of money, that I would rather see paid to the providers (who are the ones earning that through service and support). But when comparing offers in terms of "bang for the buck" - it's still unbeaten.

Thanked by 2Lee Dazzle
  • BoogeymanBoogeyman Member
    edited November 2021

@bikegremlin said:

Like I said if it comes with all the rings and bells it it will perform well. And most providers don't know how things work under the hood. They don't bother until something is broken badly. Lots of things can be done with those boxes and control panel just covers a percentage of that and they become famous.

"Normal" people don't bother about anything. They just need a working website.

@bikegremlin said: I've been looking into the budget, and especially free open source alternatives and couldn't find anything that works nearly as well in practice.

You won't get any. Packing too many features into a control panel requires much knowledge about the system and types of these people are limited. Also most FOSS projects just have one maintainer with occasional contributors and they don't get good financial support to go full-time on that project. Successful FOSS projects are backed by corporate bodies, otherwise you dig your own grave. Freetards start abusing after some time.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • Been using Virtualmin + Nginx on all my (Ubuntu) servers for years now and with a lil tweaking here and there, I have never had a problem with performance and/or stability.

Thanked by 1brandort
  • LeeLee Veteran

@Boogeyman said: "Normal" people don't bother about anything. They just need a working website.

This is what it really comes down to. The end-user, the website owner just wants their site to perform well and appear as speedy as possible. As long as they get that few will care what is happening at the backend. Why should they? They are paying the provider to make sure they deliver what they want. How they do that is up to them.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • Chicago mafia still alive.

• @Lee said:

Unless they are with cheap lowend un-managed provider.

You would be surprised. I had a customer who went with someone else and paid 200USD/year just because he read that litespeed was better for his E-commerce store.

He did not care, they are seriously brainwashed.

Thanked by 1brandort
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

Honestly, i prefer the UI of cPanel, but I also use DA shared hosting as well. Litespeed for me is not something I care about. For my VPS, I just use apache. If it's on my shared hosting, so be it, but I could care less.

• I give you in everything right until it get worser for ever.
    Trust me with this behavior there will be one day a overrun, of alternative new software.
    Especially in the IT world where new fassion company get fast old from start ups.

i myself have started with plesk, my provider for some bucks can not even pay the update, with his business concept. Such bahavior is in my eyes great makes an temporary gap of the marked and a chance for a fresh breath for new start ups. Trust me they will came.

• Well litespeed & cloudlinux brought all my nodes resource usage by half and enabled me to oversell more & earn more, of course i am going to continue supporting them, if apache enables me to do the same i will switch back in a heartbeat.

edited November 2021

@Ahfaiahkid said:
    Well litespeed & cloudlinux brought all my nodes resource usage by half and enabled me to oversell more & earn more, of course i am going to continue supporting them, if apache enables me to do the same i will switch back in a heartbeat.

Litespeed is what? 45USD a month. For that price you could also buy some more ram :P

• @ezeth said:

@Boogeyman said:
    And there will be more players in this field.

That is true but good luck trying to unwind the litespeed good, apache bad brainwashing that's been happening

@ezeth said: You would be surprised. I had a customer who went with someone else and paid 200USD/year just because he read that litespeed was better for his E-commerce store.

He did not care, they are seriously brainwashed.

Chinese communists are the best for brainwashing, that is why Litespeed can do it

they find stupid cPanel users who want to pretend like geeks/gurus and @ them on Facebook and give some small affiliate % and have "secret" Slack channels and that is enough to make these 17 year old feel like they are special from the other low-tech friends-- 100% cult strategy

@bikegremlin said: As an ordinary (dumb) customer, I can say that WordPress generally runs faster with providers who offer CloudLinux + LiteSpeed, regardless of whether they do it with the cPanel or DirectAdmin control panel.

perfect example... @bikegremlin and @Lee are Litespeed associates

they just repeat the same exact words many times and the cult followers copy them lol must be a real orgasm to see American teenagers repeating their Chinese propaganda

LS users they actually don't understand about software politics, backend, portability, future, and LS cult leaders know that so their tactics work perfect

Litespeed vs Apache exposed... (incredible thread)
    https://www.linode.com/community/questions/22077/litespeed-vs-apache-for-wordpress

@ezeth said: Litespeed is what? 45USD a month. For that price you could also buy some more ram :pensive:

lol the comments are not real... the Litespeed shill army just copy and paste this shit every day to brainwash users to use their software from Google results

80% of the Litespeed fans I have seen are fake users/spam from Litespeed company

the other 20% are affiliates who got money for recommending LS

• LeeLee Veteran

@brandort said: perfect example... @bikegremlin and @Lee are Litespeed associates

Indeed, we thank you for all the publicity, all this thread is doing is making us money. Keep it up. Litespeed rules, you will never beat it or us.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin Member
    edited November 2021

@Lee said:

@brandort said: perfect example... @bikegremlin and @Lee are Litespeed associates

Indeed, we thank you for all the publicity, all this thread is doing is making us money. Keep it up. Litespeed rules, you will never beat it or us.

This dude serious, or just some decent-quality trolling? :)

P.S. I'm looking at new yachts, wanna buy the old one - it's in mint condition?

Edit:
    I've just applied and got accepted for LiteSpeed affiliate program. Effectively becoming an associate. The dude can read minds and tell the future! :)

Expecting to buy at least two yachts from all the sales to the 'merican teenage hosting providers.

• mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

@ezeth said:

I have also used this panel for a while, it has potential, but right now wow. The amount of bugs I have seen is crazy.

Sounds like user error.

The end is nigh.

• brandortbrandort Member
    edited November 2021

@Lee said:

lol right... except you are one of the biggest (free) Direct Admin fans on LES :D :D

@Lee said: This is what it really comes down to. The end-user, the website owner just wants their site to perform well and appear as speedy as possible. As long as they get that few will care what is happening at the backend. Why should they? They are paying the provider to make sure they deliver what they want. How they do that is up to them.

you hate paying for Litespeed license more than anyone but you come here and only disagree people to sound edgy on every topic even that you agree

let us compare to your real opinion posted on LES

"What I have seen in my free service is this. Everyone who I invited to test in November/December last year, about 46 or so from a specific group, let's call them middle-class hosters were all happy enough with DA. Then I threw up cPanel this week in a few locations.

Middle-class hosters have filled two of the cPanel locations in like 3 days, dropping DA like it was the Coronavirus.

Meanwhile, everyone else that could only have come from LET/LES/WHT, another 41 users have all (but 2) shunned cPanel and are going for DA locations.

I think most are in the same position. As a way to throw up a website and mail either is find, DirectAdmin is probably the easier of the two for that limited purpose. Anything beyond that people tend to gravitate towards cPanel, perhaps not least as it comes with more that is useful out of the box, Cloudflare plugin, Acronis/JetBackup and so on. Not saying everyone is that way but I find most are."

https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/690/cpanel-or-directadmin

think before you troll....

you might be even worse than Litespeed shills cuz you have enough money to support the open source community and you take-take and never contribute (sad)