Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shared hosting/Reseller hosting with dedicated IP?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shared hosting/Reseller hosting with dedicated IP?

ArkasArkas Moderator

Does anyone know of providers that offer shared or reseller hosting with dedicated IPv4 IPs?

Comments

• Just get a vps...

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Pappeske said: Just get a vps...

No, I am making a list. I already have dedis and too many VPSs already :smile:

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Found one. shockhosting.net

• I was wondering a while ago if it's adding value to your hosting but till now I didn't noticed an advantage, just an increased bill.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@webcraft said: I was wondering a while ago if it's adding value to your hosting but till now I didn't noticed an advantage, just an increased bill.

It's not that simple. Your hosted domain share an IP with ALL your neighbors, and If 1 or more acts bad, the IP, and in turn your domains, and in some cases sites will get penalized. It's more complicated than that, but that's the short version.

• AllHost_RepAllHost_Rep Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2021

Yep, can do dedicated IPs here, from different subnets too if required. It's a bit pricey on our website but happy to do a deal.

We do however include MailChannels which removes the need for dedicated IPs from a mail reputation point of view if that's what your requirement for a dedicated IP is?

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2021

We can, but we don't by default. If you need a dedicated IP can add one for $2.50/mo.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@Arkas said:
    Does anyone know of providers that offer shared or reseller hosting with dedicated IPv4 IPs?

Hi @Arkas -- RackNerd has availability :)

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Thanks for the replies!

• buyshared

• @abangnoob said:
    buyshared

buyshared not restocked for a while, dont know untill when
    hope they will soon, love their service

@Francisco

@Arkas shockhosting do offer dedicated IP

@AllHost_Ben how much it will be ?

• vpshared.com from @VirMach
    Though now 80$/year protected hosting is available.
    Maybe more low-end products like 5$/y with one dedicated IP hosting are going to migrate to RYZEN.

• @iSky said:

@abangnoob said:
    buyshared

buyshared not restocked for a while, dont know untill when
    hope they will soon, love their service

@Francisco

https://lowendbox.com/blog/buyvm-puts-new-buyshared-signups-on-pause/

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited October 2021

get a shared ip, put it behind cloudflare, and don't worry about bad-neighbors any more! Google has already cleared that they don't punish sites hosted on CF/revere-proxy as they're aware that those IPs are shared between 1000s of sites.

but if really want one then ask any web host, they might not give ips publicly with hosting plan, but can sell it as an addon or a-la-carte

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@JasonM said:
    get a shared ip, put it behind cloudflare, and don't worry about bad-neighbors any more! Google has already cleared that they don't punish sites hosted on CF/revere-proxy as they're aware that those IPs are shared between 1000s of sites.

but if really want one then ask any web host, they might not give ips publicly with hosting plan, but can sell it as an addon or a-la-carte

This. Seems wasteful to give one by default on shared hosting plans when the need for one is few and far between.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited October 2021

@Arkas said:

@webcraft said: I was wondering a while ago if it's adding value to your hosting but till now I didn't noticed an advantage, just an increased bill.

It's not that simple. Your hosted domain share an IP with ALL your neighbors, and If 1 or more acts bad, the IP, and in turn your domains, and in some cases sites will get penalized. It's more complicated than that, but that's the short version.

Configured properly, this should not be a problem:

@JasonM said:

• AllHost_RepAllHost_Rep Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2021

@AllHost_Ben how much it will be ?

£1.50 per IP, but further discount available if you need more i.e. 5 IPs = £5.. 12 IPs = £10..