Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nested VT matters
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nested VT matters

Kind reminder to providers to mention if nested virtualization is DISABLED. Yes I assume it is enabled if not mentioned but if you advertise that it is ENABLED that is fine as well.

No-nested support like IPv6 just as important

Thank

Comments

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2021

I think you've got this the wrong way round. You should assume it's disabled unless specified in the offer that it's enabled. Most VM's should come with ipv6 these days, but if it doesn't specify in the offer, assume it's not provided until you've asked and got an answer.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Are you gonna start disabled nested virtualization hall of crappiness?

• @jackb said:
    I think you've got this the wrong way round. You should assume it's disabled unless specified in the offer that it's enabled. Most VM's should come with ipv6 these days, but if it doesn't specify in the offer, assume it's not provided until you've asked and got an answer.

I understand where you are coming from. My issue is offerings especially during BF that are generous yet fail to mention artificial limitations.. being forward about anything is just well mannered IMO!

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2021

I would generally assume both are missing if not mentioned in offer details.

Edit: having said that I realised we don't specifiy VM-x/AMD-V on the order form but any forum offers do clarify it.

Thanked by 2MannDude kevertje
  • @Mr_Tom said:
    I would generally assume both are missing if not mentioned in offer details.

I agree.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

That does sound like a logic recipe for disappointment, but everybody got a fetish.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Yeah nah. Assume it's disabled by default.

Enabling it enables the possibility of actually using the system, therefore adding to the overall load.