Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bitpay are they legit or just incompetent
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bitpay are they legit or just incompetent

WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Just wondering if the Bitpay is legit company or just so incompetent as I personally logged a ticket
3 days ago about their merchant services and it’s so complicated for them to reply so still waiting for a response for a basic ticket?

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

They are legit, used the for some years. The problem is that they require the payer to have an account with them, which is obviously pretty inconvenient. We switched away to CoinGate. It's okey for now.

Thanked by 2WebProject bacloud
  • Both.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

unfortunately after such shite experience (if basic ticket takes more than 3 days to reply, I do imagine more complicated issue will take 10 years) requested to cancel account and based on experience I can say probably will take a couple years to close account.

@AlexBarakov said:
    They are legit, used the for some years. The problem is that they require the payer to have an account with them, which is obviously pretty inconvenient. We switched away to CoinGate. It's okey for now.

Thanks for information as definitely we will look at CoinGate

• I recommend coinpayments

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

CoinPayment works good for us.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Yeah, we use CoinPayments.net as the above two posters. Would recommend.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

Yeah coinpayment or blockonomics are much easier to setup and use.

edited October 2021

haha, almost week and no reply from Bitpay, their stats are so fake :
    https://bitpay.com/stats/

Coinbase is definitely better than fake Bitpay services.

• BitPay is the worst cryptopayment processor in the World!

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • lifehost360_comlifehost360_com Member, Host Rep

bitpay is legit but as incompetent as Revolut or N26.

But why you don´t integrate BTC and ETH at your shop directly? You´ll never again need any processor... that´s why cryptos got invented. Simply collect the funds at your wallet and use kraken, or any other crypto exchange to sell?!

• verovero Member, Host Rep

@WebProject said:

Coinbase is an exchange, BitPay is a payment processor.

I started registration with BitPay once and only after they display requirements for verification, like bank statements for few months; no, thanks. Also they accept very limited variety of coins, as I remember.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2021

I think the biggest reason merchants still use Bitpay is that they are substantially cheaper for international merchants.

Coingate Fees: 1% + 50 euro on each withdrawal + $15AUD (bank fee)
    Bitpay: 1% + free withdrawal + $15AUD bank fee (bank fee)
    Coinpayments: 0.5% + No direct fiat withdrawal (requires exchange)

And before you say take the coins please understand that for many companies the cost of account keeping real crypto currently outstrips the value of crypto transactions.

I too have found BitPay support to be slow, however in my experience they have solved all matters rather quickly in the end with little back and forth.

@vero said:

@WebProject said:

Coinbase is an exchange, BitPay is a payment processor.

I started registration with BitPay once and only after they display requirements for verification, like bank statements for few months; no, thanks. Also they accept very limited variety of coins, as I remember.

Commerce Coinbase is not exchange but merchant services. We have recently developed a module for clientexec and working on Blesta module now. As Bitpay is definitely bit unprofessional and stupid as I have never seen such odd company which will take more than week now to respond to ticket or termination of account request. They probably do use Google translate and it’s crashed so overheated their brains to reply or respond.

@SplitIce said:

I too have found BitPay support to be slow, however in my experience they have solved all matters rather quickly in the end with little back and forth.

turtles will be quicker than BitShitPay!

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2021

Bitpay was good.. we used them for more than 5 years..

But they have stopped payouts in crypto currencies (Only bank transfer now)

So now our money stuck with them for almost 2 years..

We have constantly asking them to close our account forever and send our remaining funds to our Bitcoin wallet.. don't know why they are asking for some time to do that..

We are still waiting.. and may take action within next few days if they failed to provide our funds..

BTW, at present we are using coinbase.. it's absolutely awesome and perfectly fine for our needs

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

You could start using coin payments.