Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Great Warnings Cleanup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The Great Warnings Cleanup

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

We use Warnings on LET to remind people of the rules when they do something naughty.

Normally, they're supposed to expire automatically after 2 weeks, however:

1. Mods have to manually set the easily-overlooked expiration date each time and the Warning interface is not the most intuitive panel ever designed
  2. there are tons of old warnings that were never set to expire

I just completed an audit of all warnings on LET and expired 500+ old warnings that were more than two weeks old. Some were as far back as 2015.

If you have a warning on your account that is more than two weeks old, please PM me and I'll take a look.

As a reminder, only you and mods can see warnings - other users can't.

Comments

• Thank you.

What does a warning look like? I mean why not ask instead of be naughty :smile:

• @kevertje said:
    I mean why not ask instead of be naughty :smile:

And miss the opportunity to impress Santa? One has to get on that naughty list.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@kevertje said: What does a warning look like? I mean why not ask instead of be naughty

Gave you an example warning that should expire in two days.

BTW, there's also no permanent record of warnings though the code implies there should be. Well, it's Vanilla.

Thanked by 1kevertje
  • People are inherently good within their very own personal thinking which defines their uniqueness. Why do there have to be warnings in this world, perfect for for being imperfect? Does such a warning trigger a sense of happiness in moderator's organic brain?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Glad we got this cleaned up, nice one @raindog308

Next week we are going to start testing vanilla 4.0 in a sandbox environment. Hopefully that goes well...

Thanked by 1raindog308

@default said: People are inherently good within their very own personal thinking which defines their uniqueness. Why do there have to be warnings in this world, perfect for for being imperfect? Does such a warning trigger a sense of happiness in moderator's organic brain?

Put down the bong, dude.

When someone breaks the rules, we tell them to stop breaking the rules via a warning.

I suppose we could send them a love poem and offer to snuggle with them until they come to a deeper understanding of the interconnectedness of all things, but a couple clicks is more efficient.

• @raindog308 said:

@default said: People are inherently good within their very own personal thinking which defines their uniqueness. Why do there have to be warnings in this world, perfect for for being imperfect? Does such a warning trigger a sense of happiness in moderator's organic brain?

Put down the bong, dude.

When someone breaks the rules, we tell them to stop breaking the rules via a warning.

I suppose we could send them a love poem and offer to snuggle with them until they come to a deeper understanding of the interconnectedness of all things, but a couple clicks is more efficient.

Exactly. Having a positive thinking, while expressing ourselves through beautiful art, creates much more meaningful relationships on this forum. The right decisions are always hard to make, harder than just a few clicks.

@default said: Exactly. Having a positive thinking, while expressing ourselves through beautiful art, creates much more meaningful relationships on this forum. The right decisions are always hard to make, harder than just a few clicks.

Stop with the edibles, too.

• @jbiloh said:
    Next week we are going to start testing vanilla 4.0 in a sandbox environment. Hopefully that goes well...

I would suggest refraining from making such a change in the BF/CM timeframe and focusing on making use of the dynamic scalability of the cloud infrastructure during this time (to be able to serve thousands of hunters pressing F5 simultaneously on VirMach or PurpleGuy threads)

maybe implement some dedicated, websocket based deals shoutbox for providers better suited for real-time messaging (instead of brute force F5ing whole site)

Thanked by 1default
  • AndrewsAndrews Member
    edited October 2021

@raindog308 said:

probably when someone is scamming his 3000 (allegedly) customers or someone is trying to create offers thread while he did not have PROVIDER TAG

I am glad to see that we have all these rules, warnings and that it works so well... :D

• @raindog308 said:

@kevertje said: What does a warning look like? I mean why not ask instead of be naughty

Gave you an example warning that should expire in two days.

BTW, there's also no permanent record of warnings though the code implies there should be. Well, it's Vanilla.

haha excellent. BTW in dark mode it shows white on bright yellow in profile

• @default said:
    People are inherently good within their very own personal thinking which defines their uniqueness. Why do there have to be warnings in this world, perfect for for being imperfect? Does such a warning trigger a sense of happiness in moderator's organic brain?

I nominate the title "Resident Snowflake" for @default.

• @TimboJones you just created "monochrome spam" by bumping a lot of OP's monochromatic avatar to the top.

I like purple

• @raindog308 said:

Put down the bong, dude.

One does not simply put down one's bong before they're finished philosophical speaking..

Thanked by 2default TimboJones