Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Racknerd reliability
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Racknerd reliability

Have anyone else having problem with their server randomly rebooting? I've gotten 3 of such reboot in their Atlanta location in the last 7 days, just 2 today.

Comments

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

did you contact support?

• Welcome to Low End Talk Customer Services, We've doubled your bandwidth.

• jbuggiejbuggie Member
    edited October 2021

I contacted them every single time, just curious if anyone else having the same issue

• I have 3 VPS with them but not in Atlanta they are in NY and Chicago. Haven't had issues. Also haven't had to contact them for support so not sure how soon they get back to you.

• They are pretty good at responding timely to tickets...just the frequent reboot is becoming a real pain.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited October 2021

Hi @jbuggie — thank you for being our customer and I apologize for any inconvenience you have gone through. I do want to mention that any outages on our side are fully transparent, and shared within our status page at: https://status.racknerd.com/

I am personally aware of one Ryzen node in Atlanta experiencing some symptoms recently (ATLRYZEN100) — and that is something that we're actively working on and I am confident that we will have a full resolution on soon, if not already. While things have normalized and are back online now, we're working internally to correctly identify the symptoms and will be implementing a permanent resolution towards the matter, if needed. In previous instances where we've seen similar symptoms, we have found that the most common reason for this is due to a faulty RAM DIMM module on the physical host node. If this is the case, or if it is as a result of a similar event where a maintenance requiring a downtime window is needed, we will be sure to notify our customers via e-mail accordingly of the planned maintenance.

Lastly, I do want to point out as an option that we are always happy to migrate you to a different host node, for those who seek additional peace of mind. We have plenty of other host nodes available in Atlanta, in addition to other locations of ours that we wouldn't mind migrating you to.

• I have over a dozen different VPSes from racknerd and they have all been rock solid, so it's likely that hardware issue in the same DC causing the issue.

I'm glad to see @dustinc is all over it :)

• Quadranet No integrity... Racknerd reliability...

What's the topic for next drama thread?
    LowEndTalk masculinity?

Whatever it is it probably will end with "ity".

• @Boogeyman said:
    Quadranet No integrity... Racknerd reliability...

LowEndTalk masculinity?

well, there is that possibility.

Thanked by 2kwaralala kkrajk
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Boogeyman said:

Bachmanity Insanity

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@dahartigan said:
    I have over a dozen different VPSes from racknerd and they have all been rock solid, so it's likely that hardware issue in the same DC causing the issue.

I'm glad to see @dustinc is all over it :)

Good to hear of the positive feedback.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • The hardware was giving them fists but their attitude and response impress me. +1 for Racknerd!

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Just received this. They are great, I'm very impressed with Racknerd.

Hello,

You are receiving this e-mail because you have one or more VPS's located on the host node: ATLRYZEN101

Maintenance Date: Monday, October 11, 2021
    Maintenance Window: 4PM to 5PM EDT

During this emergency maintenance, you will notice your VM go offline for about ~30-40 minutes at any point within the above specified maintenance window. Facility hands will be taking the server offline, moving it to the workbench, and properly replacing the RAM modules on this server, which our system administrators believe will assist with the unexpected shutdowns this node has experienced recently. After the RAM modules are replaced, facility hands will be re-racking the server and ensure proper power and network cabling, at which point VM's will be automatically booted up again.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please feel free to contact us by opening a support ticket in your client area if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you,

RackNerd Support Department

[email protected]

• -insert meme-
    Wait, you need to power down the server to replace RAM?!

• @JabJab said: Wait, you need to power down the server to replace RAM?!

>

standard stuff

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@JabJab said:
    -insert meme-
    Wait, you need to power down the server to replace RAM?!

No you don't.
    You can hire Supergirl (Kara Zor-El) and The Flash (Barry Allen) to replace RAM without powering down the server.

1. Supergirl uses her freeze breathe to freeze the server.
    2. Flash quickly swaps the RAM modules.
    3. Supergirl uses her electromagnetic spectrum vision to read old RAM contents, then uses her heat vision to write it into new DIMMs.
    4. By freezing the server just enough in the first step, the server would have thawed by this time.
    5. The downtime was less than one second, and almost nobody would feel that.
  • bshbsh Member

@Boogeyman said:

LowEndTalk masculinity?

Boogeymanity

• I have been using Racknerd for over a year now. So far yet to face any major issues

• @Boogeyman said:

LowEndTalk masculinity?

The unnatural mention of "PMS" a thousand times by grown men wasn't a red flag before?

• One trade-off with not using ECC memory.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • zeldazelda Member
    edited October 2021

using their one kvm vps its very good. no issues so far

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited October 2021

@chocolateshirt said:
    Welcome to Low End Talk Customer Services, We've doubled your bandwidth.

This kind of comment is really funny at first but at some level, it is getting anoying (for me). Sorry for that.

I believe this topic is meant to be a discussion between users of Racknerd.

I have Racknerd Ashburn and it is rock solid from day 1.