Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Hazi.ro] Further steps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Hazi.ro] Further steps

FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

Hi, guys!
I'm Florin, one of the owners of https://www.hazi.ro
Because got some income, we're ready to extend our small dream :smile: .

I would like to know from you, as a possible customer, if you'll be interested in getting a VDS with next setup:

• 1 vCPU 2.90 GHz (3.50 GHz) 100%
  • 4GB DDR3
  • 300GB SAS 15K rpm or 600GB SAS 10K rpm (both options with refurbished disks, not shared space: each VDS stored on it's own physical disk)

If you'll be interested, how much you'll be able to pay for monthly/yearly packages?

Thank you :smile:

Comments

• Are those hardware nodes bought from Borta? If no, I'am willing to pay 1 Euro per month for such config. If yes, than I wouldn't touch that for free.

Thanked by 1default
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:
    Are those hardware nodes bought from Borta? If no, I'am willing to pay 1 Euro per month for such config. If yes, than I wouldn't touch that for free.

Thank you for sarcasm, it's exactly what I've expected.

How about those who keep their data on KS-1 or KS-2 which are also disks old af, no RAID and 7200rpm disks :smile: ?
    https://www.kimsufi.com/en/servers.xml

• henixhenix Member
    edited October 2021

@FlorinMarian said: If you'll be interested, how much you'll be able to pay for monthly/yearly packages?

not interested from you but i would pay you $1.99 for it.

//edit:

i love you @deank

• deankdeank Member, Troll

This one kinda smells.

And I won't miss you. (Not directed @ OP. Directed at the one above me.)

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited October 2021

@FlorinMarian cociu is selling 2680v4 on olx. quick lowball him

back to topic: can these be used as seedboxes?

• @FlorinMarian said:

@LTniger said:
    Are those hardware nodes bought from Borta? If no, I'am willing to pay 1 Euro per month for such config. If yes, than I wouldn't touch that for free.

How about those who keep their data on KS-1 or KS-2 which are also disks old af, no RAID and 7200rpm disks :smile: ?

Did you just compare your business with OVH and Kimsufi? Really?!

Back on topic, I would pay:

• $12/year for 300 GB
    • $15/year for 600 GB.
    Thanked by 1maverickp
  • BTW: https://www.hazi.ro/cart.php?configure=true&i=0&billingcycle=monthly&hostname=&rootpw=www.hazi.ro&ns1prefix=ns1&ns2prefix=ns2

The line: rootpw=www.hazi.ro is nice :D

Do you automatically append root password field with URL? Also there is infinite loading on cart summary table with error " Could not load any product groups. ".

• @FlorinMarian said:

why do you think it is sarcasm?!

it is reasonable, that no one wants to pay for VPS with involucrated drives:D

just provide notarized proof that you have never meet cociu and you are good to go with your hosting business here:D

• @FlorinMarian said:
    Hi, guys!

I would like to know from you, as a possible customer, if you'll be interested in getting a VDS with next setup:

• 4GB DDR3
    • 300GB SAS 15K rpm or 600GB SAS 10K rpm (both options with refurbished disks, not shared space: each VDS stored on it's own physical disk)

If you'll be interested, how much you'll be able to pay for monthly/yearly packages?

add to this:

• monthly bandwidth 5TB (for 300GB) or 10TB (for 600GB)
    • DMCA ignore
    • IPv4/IPv6/IPv4 NAT?
  • @FlorinMarian said:

@LTniger said:

So you're comparing your shitty drives on a VPS, shared by god knows how many people to a dedicated server?

Cool story.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@Andrews said:
    it is reasonable, that no one wants to pay for VPS with involucrated drives:D

Yeah, there is a real, however slim, possibility of that. Both are located in the same country aftery all.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

21 potatoes per month.

Err, it's 21 push-ups.
    Autocorrect is misbehaving today.

Thanked by 1kevertje

@cybertech said:
    @FlorinMarian cociu is selling 2680v4 on olx. quick lowball him

back to topic: can these be used as seedboxes?

yes, they can be used as seedboxes.> @default said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@LTniger said:

Did you just compare your business with OVH and Kimsufi? Really?!

Back on topic, I would pay:

• $12/year for 300 GB
    • $15/year for 600 GB.

No, I don't compare myself with OVH but i compare drives offer.

@LTniger said:
    BTW: https://www.hazi.ro/cart.php?configure=true&i=0&billingcycle=monthly&hostname=&rootpw=www.hazi.ro&ns1prefix=ns1&ns2prefix=ns2

The line: rootpw=www.hazi.ro is nice :D

Do you automatically append root password field with URL? Also there is infinite loading on cart summary table with error " Could not load any product groups. ".

All reinstall templates comes with default password "www.hazi.ro" and it's always expired, can't use service unless you change your password.> @Andrews said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    Hi, guys!

• 4GB DDR3

add to this:

• monthly bandwidth 5TB (for 300GB) or 10TB (for 600GB)
    • DMCA ignore
    • IPv4/IPv6/IPv4 NAT?

No IPv6, DMCA ignored, IPv4 dedicated, no NATed.> @NobodyInteresting said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@LTniger said:

So you're comparing your shitty drives on a VPS, shared by god knows how many people to a dedicated server?

Cool story.

I've said clearly: one user per drive. In this formulta I intend to have 100GB RAM and 25 drives, each user with his own.

• @FlorinMarian said:
    I've said clearly: one user per drive. In this formulta I intend to have 100GB RAM and 25 drives, each user with his own.

@FlorinMarian said:
    [...] VDS [...]
    1 vCPU 2.90 GHz (3.50 GHz) 100%

So which CPU is that, where you assign one core to each user of the 25?

And what is the total bandwidth per server, which is then shared between 25 users?

edited October 2021

@default said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    [...] VDS [...]
    1 vCPU 2.90 GHz (3.50 GHz) 100%

So which CPU is that, where you assign one core to each user of the 25?

And what is the total bandwidth per server, which is then shared between 25 users?

There can be 2x Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2690 (32 threads).
    Server can have 1Gbps shared connection, unlimited monthly traffic overall.
    And no, we don't allow that someone can abuse network connectivity, uploading or downloading 24/24 without any bandwidth restriction.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited October 2021

@FlorinMarian said:
    [...] we don't allow that someone can abuse network connectivity, uploading or downloading 24/24 without any bandwidth restriction.

This is dedicated storage, with dedicated computing power, so it is expected for everyone to use bandwidth: 1000 / 25 = 40Mbps.

What is the bandwidth restriction if I may ask?

@default said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    [...] we don't allow that someone can abuse network connectivity, uploading or downloading 24/24 without any bandwidth restriction.

This is dedicated storage, with dedicated computing power, so it is expected for everyone to use bandwidth: 1000 / 25 = 40Mbps.

What is the bandwidth restriction if I may ask?

Please keep in mind this topic it's still just a discussion, and it probably will be something like 5 Tbps best effort and then that 40Mbps till the end of the month.

edited October 2021

Small update, this is 2nd configuration available (approx. same budget):
    120 vCPUs 2.50GHz (3.10 GHz burst)
    1TB RAM DDR3 1600Mhz
    24 2.5" slots (RAID1, new SSD drives)
    4x 1GBps connections

I think i'll be able to provide same pricing scheme as contabo does, excepting that we'll use SATA SSD instead of NVMe.

Location will be the same, Romania. :smile:

• DDR3?

@ascicode said:
    DDR3?

Yes, PC3-12800R. Lot of SyS server has them. (luckily isn't that common 1333 Mhz)

• @FlorinMarian said:
    1TB RAM DDR3 1600Mhz
    4x 1GBps connections

I think i'll be able to provide same pricing scheme as contabo does, excepting that we'll use SATA SSD instead of NVMe.

So the NVMe will be used as swap area? 1TB RAM DDR3 1600Mhz SWAP ?

• AndrewsAndrews Member
    edited October 2021

@FlorinMarian said:
    1TB RAM DDR3 1600Mhz
    4x 1GBps connections

I don't think that you will sell a lot of 1TB machines here on LET

especially without recognized brand with long history here and with current perception of Romanian providers by this community...

your selling point could be DMCA ignore (because of RO) "storage boxes" for reasonable prices (because of 2nd hand cheap old hw)

so I would suggest to consider following options:

1. STARTER
    OVZ/LXC (kernel 3.0+, Debian 11/Ubuntu 2X templates)
    1/2 CPU
    512MB RAM
    100GB SAS hdd (shared)
    NAT IPv4
    unlimited speed (1Gb shared link) till 2TB/m, and latter speed throttled to TBD
    $15/yr (PayPal)

2. STANDARD
    OVZ/LXC (kernel 3.0+, Debian 11/Ubuntu 2X templates)
    1 CPU
    1GB RAM
    300GB SAS hdd (dedicated)
    dedicated IPv4
    unlimited speed (1Gb shared link) till 5TB/m, and latter speed throttled to TBD
    $30/yr (PayPal)

3. BIG DADDY
    KVM (Debian 11/Ubuntu 2X templates, custom ISOs extra paid option)
    4 CPU
    4GB RAM
    600GB SAS hdd (dedicated)
    dedicated IPv4
    unlimited speed (1Gb shared link) till 10TB/m, and latter speed throttled to TBD
    $60/yr (PayPal)

and think about rebranding, if you don't want to be confused with NAZI.ro :D

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited October 2021

@Andrews said:
    especially ... with current perception of Romanian providers by this community...

There have been 1.5 romanian providers who relatively recently were/are shady. One is HS / @cociu and the other half one is dedicatserver whom I count as only half because only he, the person, is a problem; his products are OK.
    If your "logic" were applied no provider in any country could be trusted.

@FlorinMarian

I'm afraid, Andrews has a point anyway. Your proposals look like "I have/can get some cheap old hardware and wonder how I could create packages with it".
    Sorry, that's not how it works, at least not for a relatively unknown not top-provider.

• Romania is an attractive country for providers (and some local customers) but not so much for us (global) customers. And Romania also means that your products must be cheaper than say, DE or NL based products and have the same quality and features (modulo somewhat different connectivity due to different location) -and/or - they must be dirt-cheap and still not crappy.
    • VDS and (relatively) large storage don't fit well. For storage a crappy 24xx or 26xx v2 will do fine and for a *dirt-cheap" VDS they might work too but do not even dream about a VDS without, at the very minimum, really decent SSDs.
    • 1 spindle per VM isn't attractive, especially not for storage products because it basically translates to lottery. Rather create Raid (1) large volumes and offer storage products with slow and cheap but reliable vdrives.
    • 1 Gb/s Ethernet per node? Forget it, even 2x1Gb/s doesn't cut it; the very minimum is 4 and frankly I'd rather just put 2x10 Gb/s in the node and offer 1+ Gb/s speed (most of the time, shared).

Provided you followed my advice a product like this probably will work: shared (crappy) core with very good ratio (only 2 VMs per HT), 1 GB memory, decent connectivity (2x10Gb/s based), and Raid 1'd 500 GB for €25/year or 1 TB for €35-40/year - and the first 10 buyers get 25% rebate.
    Alternatively you could buy some decent SSDs and sell VDS with min 2 vCores, min 2 GB memory (4GB would be more attractive) 25+GB SSD plus, optionally, HDD space in 250GB increments for a very attractive price (in the region of €30/yr + €5/yr per 250 GB HDD space).
    Sorry if that doesn't sound nice to you but as a (almost) nobody here (not well known) you must offer products that are attractive enough to compete with say HostHatch while not having their visibility and reputation.

Thanked by 2FlorinMarian default
  • @jsg said:

@Andrews said:
    especially ... with current perception of Romanian providers by this community...

There have been 1.5 romanian providers who relatively recently were/are shady. One is HS / @cociu and the other half one is dedicatserver whom I count as only half because only he, the person, is a problem; his products are OK.

@FlorinMarian

I'm afraid, Andrews has a point anyway. Your proposals look like "I have/can get some cheap old hardware and wonder how I could create packages with it".
    Sorry, that's not how it works, at least not for a relatively unknown not top-provider.

• Romania is an attractive country for providers (and some local customers) but not so much for us (global) customers. And Romania also means that your products must be cheaper than say, DE or NL based products and have the same quality and features (modulo somewhat different connectivity due to different location) -and/or - they must be dirt-cheap and still not crappy.
    • VDS and (relatively) large storage don't fit well. For storage a crappy 24xx or 26xx v2 will do fine and for a *dirt-cheap" VDS they might work too but do not even dream about a VDS without, at the very minimum, really decent SSDs.
    • 1 spindle per VM isn't attractive, especially not for storage products because it basically translates to lottery. Rather create Raid (1) large volumes and offer storage products with slow and cheap but reliable vdrives.
    • 1 Gb/s Ethernet per node? Forget it, even 2x1Gb/s doesn't cut it; the very minimum is 4 and frankly I'd rather just put 2x10 Gb/s in the node and offer 1+ Gb/s speed (most of the time, shared).

Provided you followed my advice a product like this probably will work: shared (crappy) core with very good ratio (only 2 VMs per HT), 1 GB memory, decent connectivity (2x10Gb/s based), and Raid 1'd 500 GB for €25/year or 1 TB for €35-40/year - and the first 10 buyers get 25% rebate.
    Alternatively you could buy some decent SSDs and sell VDS with min 2 vCores, min 2 GB memory (4GB would be more attractive) 25+GB SSD plus, optionally, HDD space in 250GB increments for a very attractive price (in the region of €30/yr + €5/yr per 250 GB HDD space).
    Sorry if that doesn't sound nice to you but as a (almost) nobody here (not well known) you must offer products that are attractive enough to compete with say HostHatch while not having their visibility and reputation.

the fact of the matter is perception though. in terms of marketing, perception is everything & cociu had enough influence to smear the perception of romanian providers until another makes it big enough to put cociu in their shadow (at least here, that is).

• @SirFoxy said:

@jsg said:

@Andrews said:

@FlorinMarian

the fact of the matter is perception though. in terms of marketing, perception is everything & cociu had enough influence to smear the perception of romanian providers until another makes it big enough to put cociu in their shadow (at least here, that is).

Could very much be that guy with the wooden racks and servers located in his Guestroom DC 😂

Thanked by 1default
  • @NobodyInteresting said:

@SirFoxy said:

@jsg said:

@Andrews said:

@FlorinMarian

Could very much be that guy with the wooden racks and servers located in his Guestroom DC 😂

honestly i kind of respect the fact he slapped his cock and balls out on the table like that

• @FlorinMarian said:

• 4GB DDR3

$4 month

yearly ignore

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • $15 to $20 a year, paid monthly will be perfect price for the original config.
    can't pay unknown provider on annual basis.

Thanked by 2FlorinMarian default
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@SirFoxy said:

I get your point and you are highly likely right, but nevertheless (a) existing providers won't close their shop, (b) new providers will pop up anyway ("live goes on"), and (c) your observation goes both ways, e.g. "Romania (somehow) ~ no DCMA".

Plus, of course, if 'bang per buck' is good and price is low, there will be people who buy. Hell, there probably even would be some who'd buy from HS / @cociu if he came back from the grave.

At the end of the day it - especially here at LET - is, at least largely, about low price and bang for the buck. But again, I think you are right and the romanian providers will continue to bleed a bit for a while due to cociu's clusterf_ck turned into scam.

• @jsg said:

@SirFoxy said:

I get your point and you are highly likely right, but nevertheless (a) existing providers won't close their shop, (b) new providers will pop up anyway ("live goes on"), and (c) your observation goes both ways, e.g. "Romania (somehow) ~ no DCMA".

Plus, of course, if 'bang per buck' is good and price is low, there will be people who buy. Hell, there probably even would be some who'd buy from HS / @cociu if he came back from the grave.

At the end of the day it - especially here at LET - is, at least largely, about low price and bang for the buck. But again, I think you are right and the romanian providers will continue to bleed a bit for a while due to cociu's clusterf_ck turned into scam.

I understand man, you're the IT guy, I'm the marketer.

Love you though. Keep doing what you do.

Thanked by 1jsg