Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPv6 VPN?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPv6 VPN?

bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
edited October 2021 in Requests

So far I've been enjoying my Keepsolid lifetime subscription, but both my ISP and Keepsolid are still stuck on IPv4.

Are there any VPN services that offer IPv6? I'm looking for VPNs that act and behave like your "run out of the mill" VPN providers with multiple locations, apps and browser extensions, this obviously excludes something like HE Tunnelbroker.

Comments

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

why do you need ipv6 so badly
    and every vpn company ive ever used has only done ipv4, although i have not used too many

• CloudFlare Warp is offering IPv6 but it's still leak your IPs.

• @bruh21 said: why do you need ipv6 so badly

It's fun to be on the newest version of stuff. The same reason people get excited about and buy the latest smartphone or computer even though technically they could do with an old one.

Now if I were looking for NDN VPNs, then you might have a point. Although @yoursunny might already have me sorted :tongue:

Thanked by 1adly
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@stevewatson301 said:
    Now if I were looking for NDN VPNs, then you might have a point. Although @yoursunny might already have me sorted :tongue:

I don't have IPv6 VPN.
    My ocserv is IPv4-only, so that I can place a VirMach order without being flagged for coming from TunnelBroker "proxy".

I do have NDN VPN.
    Specifically, it's a method to tunnel Ethernet traffic over the global NDN testbed.
    If one configures IPv4 NAT or IPv6 routing, it would become a VPN.
    https://yoursunny.com/t/2017/tunnel-Ethernet-over-NDN/

• comXyzcomXyz Member
    edited October 2021

@yoursunny said:

@stevewatson301 said:

I don't have IPv6 VPN.
    My ocserv is IPv4-only, so that I can place a VirMach order without being flagged for coming from TunnelBroker "proxy".

I do have NDN VPN.
    Specifically, it's a method to tunnel Ethernet traffic over the global NDN testbed.
    If one configures IPv4 NAT or IPv6 routing, it would become a VPN.
    https://yoursunny.com/t/2017/tunnel-Ethernet-over-NDN/

What do you use to draw the concepts @yoursunny ?

IP app IP app
    | |
    IP stack tap-tunnel tap-tunnel IP stack
    | / \ / \ |
    TAP interface NFD NFD TAP interface
    | |
    UDP UDP
    | |
    global NDN testbed