Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VDOPanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VDOPanel

Is anyone familiar with this service? (https://vdopanel.com/) It's basically a Wowza alternative. It looks fairly good and the demo is solid. The server requirements for 1000 viewers simultaneously are the following:

• Centos7 - Centos 8 - cPanel servers
  • Disk and Memory - VDOPanel software needs 3 GB disk storage and 1GB memory as a minimum
  • Network and Firewall for ports Recommend all ports open, so if ports blocked, you need to open these ports : [ 80 - 443 - 21 ] | Range ports : [ 999 to 4000 ]
  • CPU: 8 Core
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Disk: as you need for your video files, SSD is recommended.
  • Network Connection: 1000 Mbps

Which company would be a good hosting company to go with for installing this software? Would like to stay around $75-$100 a month hosting

Thanked by 1JasonM

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2021

I mean, streaming 1000 viewers on a 1Gbit port, sounds to good to be true.

Thanked by 1LordSpock
  • @Neoon said:
    I mean, streaming 1000 viewers on a 1Gbit port, sounds too good to be true.

They have some type of service called load balancing that you pay for which adds your server to a network of other servers and it supposedly makes the streaming smooth. We demo'd the software with a 2MB bitrate and so far it worked pretty smooth.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

@Cre8tivStudios said:

@Neoon said:
    I mean, streaming 1000 viewers on a 1Gbit port, sounds too good to be true.

They have some type of service called load balancing that you pay for which adds your server to a network of other servers and it supposedly makes the streaming smooth. We demo'd the software with a 2MB bitrate and so far it worked pretty smooth.

As far as I am aware, you'd need to provide the other servers for your load balancing.

This looks like a GUI for nginx-rtmp, surprised one hasn't come out sooner tbh - not a lot of hard work.

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@Cre8tivStudios said:
    Which company would be a good hosting company to go with for installing this software? Would like to stay around $75-$100 a month hosting

If no illegal stuff is streamed, I can certainly help you. :)

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

We can definitely help you Unlimited Bandwidth and those specs.
    Please PM or ticket for more details. :)

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

I like how they can't make up how much their Load Balancing option is, one banner says $55 then another banner says $45 then on the page about said product $55. Then on their billing system $35 :joy: WTF.

• @Jord said:
    I like how they can't make up how much their Load Balancing option is, one banner says $55 then another banner says $45 then on the page about said product $55. Then on their billing system $35 :joy: WTF.

The $55 plan says is UNBRANDED the $45 Plan is branded $35 is just the license with no load balancing. I'm tempted to try the load balancing plan. I have demoed the software on three websites and it works good.

@Cre8tivStudios said:

@Jord said:

The $55 plan says is UNBRANDED the $45 Plan is branded $35 is just the license with no load balancing. I'm tempted to try the load balancing plan. I have demoed the software on three websites and it works good.

You sure about that?

Like I said they should really make their mind up :joy:

• @Jord said:

@Cre8tivStudios said:

@Jord said:

You sure about that?

Sounds like I should buy it and argue for the cheapest price.

@HalfEatenPie said:

@Jord said:

@Cre8tivStudios said:

@Jord said:

You sure about that?

You don't need to that's the thing, the last screenshot is from their billing panel, you get the cheaper price :joy: pay a year and you get an even cheaper price.

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • @Jord said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@Jord said:

@Cre8tivStudios said:

@Jord said:

You sure about that?

You don't need to that's the thing, the last screenshot is from their billing panel, you get the cheaper price :joy: pay a year and you get an even cheaper price.

Haha

Too bad I have no needs for it. But that's hilarious.

• Sounds a lot like what xtreme codes used to be.

• @Jord said:

@Cre8tivStudios said:

@Jord said:

You sure about that?

I am positive. When you add the the $35 LOAD BALANCING PLAN, it charges you $10 per server and automatically adds 2 servers. That's what makes it $55 and unbranded. I can't see what this has to do with the post... I am looking for help...and suggestions...