Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Connectivity to china for streaming apps/videos (1TB)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Connectivity to china for streaming apps/videos (1TB)

explicitexplicit Member
edited September 2021 in Requests

Hi all,

Seeking your advice.

I am not sure if VPS / NATVPS is a good option for this. My parents are watching chinese dramas using chinese apps such as Qianxun, most of the time they are always facing poor connectivity within home and I am route reflecting them to my VPS (wireguard) so that they get better access to china instead of facing local ISP traffic congestion.

I am wondering whether getting HK VPS/NATVPS will be able to help in this case?

I do understand about premium access authorised by chinese government, as such my options are pretty limited. If VPS/NATVPS is the way to go, would you be able to recommend me several providers?

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and comments.

Comments

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

I won't recommend NAT VPS for this as the IP is shared (gets blocked by Chinese Firewall)

You can look at hosthatch HK vps plans
    or hosthongkong nat vps (they replace ipv4 when blocked)

• @WebHorizon said:
    I won't recommend NAT VPS for this as the IP is shared (gets blocked by Chinese Firewall)

You can look at hosthatch HK vps plans
    or hosthongkong nat vps (they replace ipv4 when blocked)

I think they're only blocked outbound, not inbound.

@randvegeta might be able to help you.

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • HK VPS and HK NAT VPS can do help you improve your connectivity.But I recomend VPS not NAT VPS because VPS with dedi IP give you more flexiable config.And I think the tool is also important for NetWork connectivity.Wireguard is not good(based on UDP,it's confined by ISP).Maybe you can try shadowsocks/V2ray or Xray Proxy.And I recommend you MLNL host @randvegeta .They have great service.

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • thank you so much for your help ppl !

Any one has idea what is the usual ping from HK to CN Shenzhen & Beijing?

• HK vps should be fine. Use http://ping.pe to test

• @skyshine said:
    HK vps should be fine. Use http://ping.pe to test

Thanks mate!

@randvegeta i'll reach out to you.

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@explicit said:

@skyshine said:
    HK vps should be fine. Use http://ping.pe to test

Thanks mate!

@randvegeta i'll reach out to you.

I'm not sure the Chinese streaming services will care if you're on NAT or not. Netflix cares because they have a license agreement for where they have the right to distribute what. But Chinese broadcasters... who's watching that stuff outside of Chinese markets?

That being said, you can always switch from NAT to Dedicated IP if it doesnt work out. But my bet is it would work fine.

What kindof bandwidth are we talking here? And where are you/your parents located? China bound traffic is expensive, but China source traffic is actually fairly cheap as traffic tends to flow in the other direction. Depending on your/your parent's location, the options may be very cheap.

• licloud

• itoito Member, Host Rep

you need a VPN for mainland China to reversely enter mainland China from other countries?
    If so, I think you can buy China's Tencent Cloud or Alibaba Cloud. They all provide Chinese local VPS.