Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colocation In Africa
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Colocation In Africa

Hello all,

I am looking for colocation servers at an African data center, can be anywhere. I am looking for just 1u server space. Are there any providers here that I could get in contact with or do you guys have anyone you can recommend? Thanks in advance

Comments

• estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider

@FXRLK242 said:
    Hello all,

I am looking for colocation servers at an African data center, can be anywhere. I am looking for just 1u server space. Are there any providers here that I could get in contact with or do you guys have anyone you can recommend? Thanks in advance

PS. you forgot to mention the budget for this colocation. and also internet bandwidth/ip addresses needed.
    Might be able to give colo in Nairobi, Kenya.

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2021

Just for fun, I'd also like a quote for 1u, 70w (peak), > 20TB Traffic, a /29 and a bgp session.

If you have any XC opportunities in your facitility, (please also specify wich ones are there and the fee for the xc itself).

I'm happy to receive a reply via DM for obvious reasons...

• FXRLK242FXRLK242 Member
    edited September 2021

@estnoc said:

@FXRLK242 said:
    Hello all,

PS. you forgot to mention the budget for this colocation. and also internet bandwidth/ip addresses needed.

Hi estnoc,

Only need a IPv6 block and 10TB Bandwidth. Am looking in a price range of say $75/month max.

I don't have a server yet but want to buy something basic off ebay or something, with 4-8cores 32-64GB ram, 480GB SSD. Any chance you could sell me/source me a server as well if you have colocation available?

Nairobi would be great!

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@estnoc just out of curiosity how do you have so many locations? Like 40+? I haven't heard of you being a large provider prior to this. Or do you resell services from other companies?

https://www.estnoc.ee/vps.html

@lentro said:
    @estnoc just out of curiosity how do you have so many locations? Like 40+? I haven't heard of you being a large provider prior to this. Or do you resell services from other companies?

https://www.estnoc.ee/vps.html

since 2016 we have been expanding a lot. now we have our POPs in 32 locations in EMEA and APAC and some more locations are coming soon. like decade ago, we indeed,started as a reseller for many. but thats not the case anymore :) well, only handful of US and eu locations,but most important ones we own.

@FXRLK242 said:

@estnoc said:

@FXRLK242 said:
    Hello all,

Hi estnoc,

Only need a IPv6 block and 10TB Bandwidth. Am looking in a price range of say $75/month max.

I don't have a server yet but want to buy something basic off ebay or something, with 4-8cores 32-64GB ram, 480GB SSD. Any chance you could sell me/source me a server as well if you have colocation available?

Nairobi would be great!

Hi,
    unfortunately 75usd does nothing there. 1mbps bandwidth costs 7usd if you buy less than 1ge. if you want to ship hardware to KE, then you will be billed 16% of KE VAT and on top of that, 20% KE excise tax plus you need to have importer licence. if you dont have it, you need to find one who does and most definitely they will add ca 15% on top of the tax expenses. So, i suggest you better find dedicated server and even in the long run, it will pay off.

• its expensive here
    there is company here in tanzania east africa ,link below they used to be 900 usd a year smallest plan now they drop price this month 13 usd for starter plan

https://www.aptus.co.tz/vps.html

• You might want to specify where in Africa? East, West, South, North? Depending on where your target audience is the Pings can be absolutely horrible. Not comparable to Europe where pings will be pretty much ~30ms max. anywhere in central europe

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

Can’t believe I’m saying this, but consider AWS or GCP or Azure. Lightsail pricing, if available (I haven’t checked), would be much cheaper than any of these African providers for basic projects.