Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question - Cheapest 10gbps servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question - Cheapest 10gbps servers

Hello,

I run an app which requires a high amount of requests (+50k req/s with fair data sizes), I'm currently running on a Hetzner server with a 1gbps line but it's not enough so I was wondering what cheap alternatives are there?

Note: Hetzner 10gbps upgrade would be very expensive when you also add in the bandwidth charge.

Thanks

Comments

• Azayaka_MiraiAzayaka_Mirai Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2021

I mean, 10Gbps will always be quite expensive. Maybe it will be cheaper to directly purchase from a large ISP like Hurricane Electric or Cogent. The cost of 10Gbps transit is about $1500 per month from HE.

We can provide you a server colocated at HE Fremont 2 for cheap, so that you can purchase 10G transit directly from HE, with dedicated connection to your server.

• DNS round robin load balance between multiple servers, probably cheaper.

• @Azayaka_Mirai said:
    I mean, 10Gbps will always be quite expensive. Maybe it will be cheaper to directly purchase from a large ISP like Hurricane Electric or Cogent. The cost of 10Gbps transit is about $1500 per month from HE.

We can provide you a server colocated at HE Fremont 2 for cheap, so that you can purchase 10G transit directly from HE, with dedicated connection to your server.

Hetzner is way cheaper, the problem is with the current calculations the cost of a server on Hetzner with a 10gbps would be almost equivalent to 4-5 of the same server running on 1gbps unmetered. It's really confusing

• You also check @GTHost

• @AbdouSG said:

@Azayaka_Mirai said:

Hetzner is way cheaper, the problem is with the current calculations the cost of a server on Hetzner with a 10gbps would be almost equivalent to 4-5 of the same server running on 1gbps unmetered. It's really confusing

Yeah but 4-5 of the same server running on 1gbps unmetered with round-robin load balancing is just 4-5 gbps. Sounds like upgrading to 10gbps is a better deal.

• @ehhthing said:
    DNS round robin load balance between multiple servers, probably cheaper.

Exactly what I'm considering incase I don't find any cheap alternative

• Azayaka_MiraiAzayaka_Mirai Member, Host Rep

Wait, from my understanding, you are going to saturate your link most the time, and you don't want a monthly data limit. Is that right?

• Tempest.net Start from 90$/m

• @Azayaka_Mirai said:
    Wait, from my understanding, you are going to saturate your link most the time, and you don't want a monthly data limit. Is that right?

While recommending a dedicated line for his use case might be a good idea. It sounds like he wants access to 10 Gbit network burst advertising wise. It's up to his hosting provider to talk him down from it. A DC with like 120 Gbit uplink (but on average using less) will probably allow it until it starts becoming an issue for other customers.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Have a look at our offers, https://www.clouvider.com/dedicated-servers/

We have 10G unmetered servers too.

• @AbdouSG said:

@ehhthing said:
    DNS round robin load balance between multiple servers, probably cheaper.

Exactly what I'm considering incase I don't find any cheap alternative

I would recommend this either way since most servers can't serve 10gbps constantly and having multiple servers is technically a form of redundancy.

If this is just for some kind of bulk storage, then you don't need to DNS round robin: just have one server 301 redirect to others as load balancing.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@Hotmarer said:
    Tempest.net Start from 90$/m

@AbdouSG I second this notion.

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

We have some dedicated 10g unmetered specials we're currently running here:
    https://1gservers.com/dedicated-servers.html

• @terrahost awesome servers, message them. got one with 10g for 71€ - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/173970/terrahost-celebrating-15-years-🍾-ryzen-dedis-and-kvm-goodies-inside-dont-miss-this/p1

Thanked by 1terrahost
  • terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

@vue said:
    @terrahost awesome servers, message them. got one with 10g for 71€ - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/173970/terrahost-celebrating-15-years-🍾-ryzen-dedis-and-kvm-goodies-inside-dont-miss-this/p1

Thanks for the mention :) Yes we can do rather inexpensive 10G servers. @AbdouSG please get in touch and we'll see what we can do for you!

• Reliablesite.net

• Cheapest 10G without promotions is either Reliablesite or Royalehosting