Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colocation Recommendations Dallas
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Colocation Recommendations Dallas

TGTTGT Member
edited September 2021 in Help

Possibly looking for 10U in Dallas. I currently have;

3 x AsRock Rack 1U2LW-X470 1U Rackmount (AMD Ryzen 5 5600X) 1TB SSD+6TB SATA Servers.

2 x L5620 64GB 4 x 10TB Servers

2 x Ubiquiti Routers

1 x Ubiquiti Switch

Bandwidth - pref 100m/1g port 95th percentile.

IPv4 - Pref /27 or /26

Potentially interested in a cross connect to Cogent but I really don't wanna have to pay a MRC for a cross connect.

Would need redundant power A+B with the opportunity to run BGP in a couple months.

I'm not necessarily looking for something cheap more so looking for something stable and where my equipment won't come up missing.

If no one does 10U id be interested in a half cabinet as well just depends on price.

Any thoughts id prefer to pay more and have my equipment safe and 99% uptime.

Comments

• +1 for @Ian_Dot_Tech

Thanked by 1Ian_Dot_Tech
  • @DataIdeas-Josh is in houston but pretty prem

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

@swat4 Thanks for the tag!
    @imok thanks as well <3!

@TGT we can certainly help you out.

We specialize in Colocation and Dedicated server rentals out of Dallas, TX.

By default our 1/4 rack comes with the following below:
    1/4 rack (11u)
    8amps @ 120V
    10TB Bandwidth on 1Gbps port
    DDoS protection and network from Hivelocity.
    IPv4 /28 (13 usable IPs) + IPv6 /64
    $300/month

Our racks are located within the Carrier-1 facility in Dallas, TX which has Cogent onsite.
    As you had mentioned you were interested in Cogent in the future, sadly there are costs to the MMR (meet me room).

While our 1/4 rack comes standard with /28 IP's you can upgrade it to /27 for $16/month.
    (Our cost is $1/IP/Month sold in subnets)

We offer increased options for bandwidth at $2/TB sold in 5TB blocks.

Our racks are attached to the facility's APC units as well as generators.

The only thing I am not sure we can assist on is A+B power with a 1/4 rack. Generally, A+B or A+A power is done with 1/2 rack or full racks where clients provide their own PDU's and get the power drops of their choice (1/4 rack you share a PDU with another customer).

We do allow BGP for our colocation customers.

Final pricing
    1/4 rack (11u)
    8amps @ 120V
    30TB Bandwidth on 1Gbps port (roughly 100Mbps unmetered)
    DDoS protection and network from Hivelocity.
    IPv4 /27 (29usable IPs) + IPv6 /64
    $356/month

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here, dm or via Discord: Ian.D#8515
    and I will be happy to assist.

Customer reviews can be found: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/leveloneservers.com

Other fees and free services related to colocation can be found here: https://billing.leveloneservers.com/knowledgebase/1/Services-and-Fees.html

• Avoid Josh from Texas.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

Thank you @swat4 & @SirFoxy for the shoutout.

@TGT we have sent you a PM with our pricing. We cater to fully custom options for your operations.

• @dahartigan said:
    Avoid Josh from Texas.

I think you mean Joshua Prout from Texas, then yes, but he's not @DataIdeas-Josh.

Thanked by 1DataIdeas-Josh
  • @tinyweasel said:

@dahartigan said:
    Avoid Josh from Texas.

I think you mean Joshua Prout from Texas, then yes, but he's not @DataIdeas-Josh.

I know ;) I'm just breaking @DataIdeas-Josh's balls - @jar already confirmed he's not Prout.

Thanked by 1tinyweasel
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider
    edited September 2021

Another +1 for @Ian_Dot_Tech :) Actually, I want to say +1^6 cuz I have a server at L1S and they are super great! :) Best onboarding ever! They treat you like you are their best friend! :)

Alternatively, if you might want to be at HE (I am unsure what facilities HE has in Dallas) Mike Leber told me that HE would give a free rack to anybody who might let me put a server in the free rack for free.

Edit to add specific details of the offer from HE:

$0/month, 42U full cabinet, A&B (primary and redundant) 20 amp 208
    volt power, 1 Gbps on gige Internet connection. To qualify for this get
    somebody that has their own ASN and address space and that knows how to
    run BGP and Hurricane Electric will give them a free cabinet with power
    and 1 Gbps on gige IP Transit if they install a real router (cisco,
    juniper, arista, extreme, mikrotik, ubiquiti) with 10GE interfaces and
    list themselves in peeringdb as being present in our data center. Then
    get your friend to let you put a server or two in the free cabinet you
    arranged for them. ;)

@TGT Hope you find a great place in Dallas!

Best wishes and kindest regards!

Thanked by 2Ian_Dot_Tech imok
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@TGT said:

3 x AsRock Rack 1U2LW-X470 1U Rackmount (AMD Ryzen 5 5600X) 1TB SSD+6TB SATA Servers.

2 x Ubiquiti Routers

1 x Ubiquiti Switch

IPv4 - Pref /27 or /26

Potentially interested in a cross connect to Cogent but I really don't wanna have to pay a MRC for a cross connect.

Would need redundant power A+B with the opportunity to run BGP in a couple months.

I'm not necessarily looking for something cheap more so looking for something stable and where my equipment won't come up missing.

If no one does 10U id be interested in a half cabinet as well just depends on price.

How do you like your Ubiquiti gear?

• The best care of all providers i worked and work i receive from DataIdeas-Josh. For now i'm preeeeetty tiny customer for him but he handles any of my insane requests (believe, they are really non-standard:)) as his own. Not sure what decision will you do, but i can say for sure that he is a person you can rely on. They have Cogent btw, and a lot of other ISPs there in DC.

Thanked by 1DataIdeas-Josh
  • @jbiloh said:

@TGT said:

2 x Ubiquiti Routers

1 x Ubiquiti Switch

IPv4 - Pref /27 or /26

How do you like your Ubiquiti gear?

I still hate the updating process but aside from that its working flawless.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2021

@MarshalChe said:
    The best care of all providers i worked and work i receive from DataIdeas-Josh. For now i'm preeeeetty tiny customer for him but he handles any of my insane requests (believe, they are really non-standard:)) as his own. Not sure what decision will you do, but i can say for sure that he is a person you can rely on. They have Cogent btw, and a lot of other ISPs there in DC.

i like data ideas, but he seems to be only cogent (at least for ipv4)
    https://bgp.he.net/AS398355

• ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran

@TGT said:

2 x Ubiquiti Routers

1 x Ubiquiti Switch

IPv4 - Pref /27 or /26

Thanks for the mention @swat4.

I can help out in the InfoMart in Dallas. I have a few more questions. Ill drop you a PM to discuss.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@bruh21 said:

@MarshalChe said:
    The best care of all providers i worked and work i receive from DataIdeas-Josh. For now i'm preeeeetty tiny customer for him but he handles any of my insane requests (believe, they are really non-standard:)) as his own. Not sure what decision will you do, but i can say for sure that he is a person you can rely on. They have Cogent btw, and a lot of other ISPs there in DC.

i like data ideas, but he seems to be only cogent (at least for ipv4)
    https://bgp.he.net/AS398355

Thank you for the kind words.

We just have the v4 routes for the other providers disabled at the moment however we have our engineer working on this to properly fix the routes so we canoffer BGP for clients.