Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ripe asn registration
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ripe asn registration

Hi all, I am looking for a reasonable offer

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited September 2021
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Thanks for mentioning, @DP.

I am still active RIPE LIR and happily offer all RIPE services including ASN registration and sponsoring.

But I am currently on vacation, so I'm only handling incidents with existing customers for the next two weeks. Especially new RIPE assignments which require a certain amount of paperwork will be delayed.

I am pretty sure some other LowEnd-LIR will be able to assist quicker in this case. Otherwise feel free to PM me when September ends. :)

Thanked by 1ourvds
  • RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

Thanks for the mention @DP :-)

Happy to be your sponsor. For ASNs we ask for a one time €20 charge, an additional €20 a year is charged for a v6 subnet of whatever size you need.

Please do feel free to contact me if our offer tempts you.

Thanked by 2neverain dann
  • DIVERGENT_CHRISBDIVERGENT_CHRISB Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited September 2021

Probably a bit late on this one but can also help - £30 One Time Fee.

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@GayRun said:

Hi,

I can do it for 30 eur one time. Check signature for order form.

Thanks.

• I dont understand, you can get asn for 30 euros? what about the 2000$ one time fee and then 1200/yearly fees and everything

Thanked by 1GayRun
  • @neverain said:
    I dont understand, you can get asn for 30 euros? what about the 2000$ one time fee and then 1200/yearly fees and everything

Probably because you're going directly to RIPE for that, and it's probably because RIPE will also give you a IPv4/IPv6 block, I think.

• typicalGtaTGtypicalGtaTG Member, Host Rep

@neverain said:
    I dont understand, you can get asn for 30 euros? what about the 2000$ one time fee and then 1200/yearly fees and everything

that's if you wanna register an LIR.

• @tinyweasel said:

@neverain said:

Probably because you're going directly to RIPE for that, and it's probably because RIPE will also give you a IPv4/IPv6 block, I think.

So i can get an asn for, 20 eur from @RickBakkr and then lease ipv6 from someone, i saw someone leasing a /48 for 5$/year) ? its that cheap?

• @typicalGtaTG said:

@neverain said:

Whats the difference?

• @typicalGtaTG said:

@neverain said:

Makes sense, yeah, I've only seen APNIC's registration requirements, mostly. Too bad, it's extremely pricey...

• Does anyone lease out lower than /24 ipv4 tho? Like a /29?

• alwyzonalwyzon Member, Host Rep

@neverain said:
    Whats the difference?

As a LIR (Local Internet Registry), you are a direct member of the RIR (Regional Internet Registry, such as ARIN, RIPE, …). You will pay your memberships fees (and the initial signup fees and in some cases a few more fees) and have to deal with paperwork/documentation of your assignments (and you better know the RIRs rules and guidelines as it’s partly your job to enforce them). As a LIR you have the capability to create assignments and request resources (like ASN and IPs) from the RIR to assign it to your customers.

Sure, you could also become a LIR just to assign yourself an ASN & IPv6, but that would be a little bit of an overkill for that job. Maybe the following analogy helps: think of the LIR like your domain registrar. You need him to register and update details of your domain (or ASN), you can also transfer your domain (or ASN) between registrars (or LIRs), but becoming your own registrar (or LIR) just to register a domain would be a waste of money.

(Just a short subnote: the transferring part only works for owned resources like an ASN or an IPv4/v6 PI, but of course not for leased resources like an IPv4/v6 PA.)

— Michael

@kennsann said:
    Does anyone lease out lower than /24 ipv4 tho? Like a /29?

And what would you wanna do with that? As it is useless outside their network.

• @kennsann said:

I know someone who sells /29 tunnels.

https://freerangecloud.com/products.php

• @mcgree said:

@kennsann said:

I know someone who sells /29 tunnels.

https://freerangecloud.com/products.php

Wow, that sounds amazing. I might consider getting a /29 tunnel, possibly.

• @Andreix said:

@GayRun said:

Hi,

Thanks.

I have filled out your form and look forward to having my own web assets and making more cool stuff.

@jerry_me said:

@Andreix said:

@GayRun said:

Hi,

Thanks.

I have filled out your form and look forward to having my own web assets and making more cool stuff.

Check your mail.

• @Andreix said:

@jerry_me said:

@Andreix said:

@GayRun said:

Hi,

Thanks.

Check your mail.

Your email went into the spam folder, I don't know why, I just saw it and paid for it.

• Sorry to bother you @Andreix but I also filled out your form but, I have not seen a reply yet. Think it's been about a week.

• Never mind also in spam :D

Thanked by 1Andreix
  • Hello, I need my own ASN number, can someone please send me an offer for a ripe ASN sponsorship

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@binno said: Hello, I need my own ASN number, can someone please send me an offer for a ripe ASN sponsorship

STOP NECROPOSTING! Please read the rules!

This discussion has been closed.