Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8-10 cores in western Europe for 10-12 euro?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

8-10 cores in western Europe for 10-12 euro?

Hi,

I'm looking for a powerful VPS in western Europe, for a very competitive price. Ideally it has 8+ cores, and decent enough clock speed (say around 2.4Ghz+) for about 10-12 euro monthly. I'm sure there is one of these out there somewhere! I've already found two, one with Webdock and another with Lansol but now require one more

VZ Type: KVM or LXC
Number of Cores: 8 or 10
RAM: 4GB min
Disk Space: 20GB min
Disk Type: SSD or NVMe preferred
Bandwidth: Any
Port Speed: Any
DDoS Protection: N/A
Number of IPs: 1
Location: Western Europe (Ireland, UK, France, Netherlands, France, Belgium, etc)
Budget: 12 EUR / 14 USD
Billing period: Monthly preferred

If anyone knows of something along these lines, or even close to it would be ok - can you let me know? Big ask I know.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited September 2021

Can you increase your budget to 16$?

Wishosting has a VPS in Amsterdam with the following specs:

8 Cores
    32 GB RAM
    100 GB disk
    250Mbps (2 TB)

https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=2

Thanked by 1fixxation
  • prepaid-hoster.de

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

contabo but it is in germany, same with prepaid-hoster
    both are good options tho

• 8 cores @ 2.4 GHz
    8GB RAM
    128GB SSD
    1 IPv4 + /64 IPv6
    Unmetered @1Gbps

13€/month ?

• 8 cores but atom cores or xeon cores?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

We can offer the following:
    VZ Type: KVM
    Number of Cores: 6
    Processor Base Frequency: 3.70 GHz
    RAM: 4GB
    Disk Space: 40GB
    Disk Type: SSD
    Bandwidth: 5TB
    Port Speed: shared 1Gbps
    Number of IPs: 1
    12 EUR / month

Thanked by 1fixxation
  • Thanks @WebProject - I've sent you a PM on the above

• @Warkos said:
    8 cores but atom cores or xeon cores?

Not only that, but with a Xeon you still need to consider whether they're old Xeon cores or new Xeon cores. Modern processors perform better than older ones, even if the clock speed is slightly lower.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

I guess at that price, you know they won't be guaranteed cores for you.

• @jmginer said:
    I guess at that price, you know they won't be guaranteed cores for you.

Yep, and that's fine- just as long as the CPU steal is reasonable I'll be happy out. I'm tending to find these deals more often with LXC virtualisation.

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2021

@fixxation any specific reason for LXC works but no OVZ7?

• @ascicode said:
    prepaid-hoster.de

They have dedicated cores?

• @WebHorizon said:

I'm trying to avoid any (or very little) CPU steal, and have heard that LXC virtualisation has the CPU more protected for each container.

edited September 2021

@neverain said:

@ascicode said:
    prepaid-hoster.de

They have dedicated cores?

yes, but for 8 dedi cores it would be a bit over budget at 15 euro
    if you use their ovz vserver you can get it for about 8 euro
    this is for op's desired config, prices vary. you can customize the server to your liking

@fixxation said:

@WebHorizon said:

I'm trying to avoid any (or very little) CPU steal, and have heard that LXC virtualisation has the CPU more protected for each container.

kvm can be very oversold too. my virmach bf kvm has around 20% at any given time

• @bruh21 said:

@fixxation said:

@WebHorizon said:

kvm can be very oversold too. my virmach bf kvm has around 20% at any given time

Yep, for sure. I got a KVM instance with 8 cores, 8GB RAM and 100 SSD with a German provider, for EUR 9 monthly. Initially I was seeing crazy steal numbers, like 70% and above. I raised a support ticket, virtualisation was reconfigured and now the steal is constantly ay 0% (hurray!) - and for my ideal 'fit' spec, which is similar to this, this VPS has GB4 benchmarks of 3601 (single core) and 19621 (multi core). I have no idea what the actual make of the CPU is, as it's masked in /proc/cpuinfo - but this instance outperforms any other instance I have at this price, definitely one of those 'hidden gems' sort of finds. So I'm trying to find one more like this, which is a big ask and rare enough I know. :-)

• @fixxation said:

@bruh21 said:

@fixxation said:

@WebHorizon said:

Yep, for sure. I got a KVM instance with 8 cores, 8GB RAM and 100 SSD with a German provider, for EUR 9 monthly. Initially I was seeing crazy steal numbers, like 70% and above. I raised a support ticket, virtualisation was reconfigured and now the steal is constantly ay 0% (hurray!) - and for my ideal 'fit' spec, which is similar to this, this VPS has GB4 benchmarks of 3601 (single core) and 19621 (multi core). I have no idea what the actual make of the CPU is, as it's masked in /proc/cpuinfo - but this instance outperforms any other instance I have at this price, definitely one of those 'hidden gems' sort of finds. So I'm trying to find one more like this, which is a big ask and rare enough I know. :-)

which provider?

• ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep

You might be able to find some additional options here:
    https://www.serverhunter.com/?search=NKY-1WF-TGR :)

Thanked by 1fixxation
  • @neverain - Lansol.de - check out their VPS-E2 :-)

• @ServerHunter said:
    You might be able to find some additional options here:
    https://www.serverhunter.com/?search=NKY-1WF-TGR :)

Thanks, I'm a big fan of your site - fantastic resource, I use it several times a week, sometimes several times a day :+1: :+1:

• neverainneverain Member
    edited September 2021

@fixxation said:
    @neverain - Lansol.de - check out their VPS-E2 :-)

Their pricing is wierd lol, do they have ddos protection?
    Are they good from your experience, do you recommend them?

• @neverain said:

@fixxation said:

So far so good, although it's only been a couple weeks - so I don't have a huge history to base this on. If you asked me the same question in a few months, and the performance has been consistent for all that time then I'd absolutely recommend them.

• @fixxation said:

@neverain said:

@fixxation said:

So far so good, although it's only been a couple weeks - so I don't have a huge history to base this on. If you asked me the same question in a few months, and the performance has been consistent for all that time then I'd absolutely recommend them.

i see just 30 days testing, no way to buy.

• @ascicode said:

@fixxation said:

@neverain said:

@fixxation said:

i see just 30 days testing, no way to buy.

Pretty sure they'll be looking for money 30 days later ;-)

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited September 2021

@fixxation said: . I raised a support ticket, virtualisation was reconfigured and now the steal is constantly ay 0% (hurray!)

lol they probably moved you to a node that has a kernel configured to not report stolen CPU time (it's just a #define that needs to be changed in one of the kernel source files). Constant 0% is suspicious. Even VPSes I've got with a dedicated CPU core still have a small amount (< 1%) of stolen CPU time.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt