Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostbill?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostbill?

ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

Dear all,

I was considering to switch to Hostbill but, before doing it, I filled in their contact form in order to ask if they have a Dynadot module available and, if not, the cost for developing it.
After almost 2 weeks I didn't receive any feedback from them, just a confirmation that the message was received.

Now I am not complaining and I am not in a hurry, I am just curious if this is their normal response time even for support?

Should I consider another product like Blesta?

Thanks

Comments

• You should not compare blesta to all rounder hostbill. HB probably fed up with all "custom development" requests and don't have a time for you. Buy product, than ask quesrions. 30-days money back is valid with them.

Thanked by 1Shazan
  • WHMCS, ClientExec also got free trial too.

You can give them a try.

Thanked by 1Shazan
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Usually Hostbill replies only in weekdays.
    And they do reply within 24hr
    And for support Usually we got their reply within 5mnts during their office hour or have to wait for next day after office hour.

For us Hostbill really do all jobs we need and we consider them better than any other billing software like WHMCS

BUT Don't know about custom module.

I would recommend you to contact them again and hope for the best.

Or

Just ho with other alternatives like blesta

Thanked by 2Shazan ezeth
  • ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:
    HB probably fed up with all "custom development" requests and don't have a time for you.

Well considering I was interested in the Data Center edition and that I wouldn't switch to Hostbill without a Dynadot module I think it was more in their interest to reply, time spent for them, not for me. I am not forced to switch.

• From experience they don’t care about your business, and won’t do anything to attract it. Maybe they’re great at support, but from a sales perspective they have no interest.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2021

Reported a bug the other day, was fixed in less than 24 hours. Response time is definitely based on severity, and with WHMCS bending everyone over they're busier than they were before.

@jar said:
    Reported a bug the other day, was fixed in less than 24 hours. Response time is definitely based on severity, and with WHMCS bending everyone over they're busier than they were before.

Same here.. Hostbill is really fast for fixes and patches

• Blesta and Clientexec both are better! Clientexec has resellerclub, namecheap, namesilo, resell.biz, opensrs, enom!

Thanked by 2Shazan dahartigan

Thank you everyone, at least as I understand there are no issues with support, and this is good to know.

Just to let you know that they answered right now and their answer is satisfactory for our needs, so I think I will proceed with them.

Thank you everyone!

Thanked by 2JasonM stratagem
  • ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2021

Wow. Just wow. I have heard of hostbill before but never did I think that they had literally every single integration that I could possibly ever need. Just amazing.

https://hostbillapp.com/features/hosting-integrations/

Have you guys seen this?

How has your experience with them been @Shazan ?

My only concern is that the themes looks like 2007. I'm sure I can always hire someone on fiverr for just a few thousands and it will look super modern and nice. Like seriously you can sell private cloud storage with nextcloud, https://hostbillapp.com/products-services/nextcloud/ , an actual Virtuozzo integration https://hostbillapp.com/products-services/virtuozzo_automator/

And best of all you can become a direct registrar, https://hostbillapp.com/hostbill/domainmanagement/registrars/tag/direct/ registering TLDs without a reseller. Plus they literally got 114 payment gateways?

@ViridWeb said:
    For us Hostbill really do all jobs we need and we consider them better than any other billing software like WHMCS

You still seem to be using whmcs with a lagom theme though right? https://secure.viridweb.com/index.php
    If we got a lagom theme on this platform WHMCS would be no more

• Should I open a megathread for summer hosts listing all the billing, control panels, virtualization software, etc?

That 2019 theme looks quite nice. Do you have any experience with using this panel? I'm thinking about buying it right now

• Typically respond the same day for me.

• @ezeth said:

That 2019 theme looks quite nice. Do you have any experience with using this panel? I'm thinking about buying it right now

No experience, but they would be on top of my list if I ever needed a billing system for hosting. I'm pretty sure MXroute(@jar) and Dediserve is using the 2019 theme.

• AndrewSSDAndrewSSD Member, Host Rep

The software that i wished to continue in development was https://boxbilling.com what a software !

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@ezeth said:

It is excellent. I own multiple licenses, very satisfied. They've always answered fast, identified and fixed bugs equally as fast.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@ezeth said:

For me the WHMCS migration was a bit painful. But I also have so many customers in the database that it would take one person a year to audit every one by hand, so any little issue becomes a huge issue.

Aside from that, I wouldn't go back. There's another really cool thing most overlook too: it checks license by domain only, not IP. There's everything you need to load balance and replicate it.

Thanked by 2DewlanceVPS FrankZ

Well guys, I've just bought it. I will have to spend another 700 usd on plugins though, but so far it's looking great. Thanks for the recommendation guys, you're the best!

• @Boogeyman said:
    Should I open a megathread for summer hosts listing all the billing, control panels, virtualization software, etc?

Looks like we're already there lol

• @AndrewSSD said: The software that i wished to continue in development was https://boxbilling.com what a software !

It recently received some massive updates from contributors but I think like any other opensource they are probably having some burnouts as they are the only contributor for the project.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@ezeth said:
    Well guys, I've just bought it. I will have to spend another 700 usd on plugins though, but so far it's looking great. Thanks for the recommendation guys, you're the best!

But I thought you loved Clientexec sir?

• @ezeth said:

3 months later you'll be selling it here on the forums, right? ;)

@Jord said:

@ezeth said:

No affiliate system yet and it's missing some payment gateways & Virtuozzo integration

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I was waiting for Black Friday.

@JamesF said:
    I was waiting for Black Friday.

I am waiting to buy the addons on black friday. I know once they only offered discounts to existing customers that's why I bought the software before then. I already got a nice WHMCS refugee discount

@dahartigan said:

@ezeth said:

3 months later you'll be selling it here on the forums, right? ;)

No he can't. Hostbill doesn't allow license transfer.
    It's possible only when people sale the whole company

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@ezeth said:

@Jord said:

@ezeth said:

No affiliate system yet and it's missing some payment gateways & Virtuozzo integration

Virtuozzo or Virtualizor?

@skorupion said:

@ezeth said:

@Jord said:

@ezeth said:

Virtuozzo or Virtualizor?

Virtuozzohttps://www.virtuozzo.com/