Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any specific way to set up TS3 on a NAT box?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any specific way to set up TS3 on a NAT box?

I seem to be striking out with both the .ini file and ./ts3server_startscript.sh command arguments such as default_voice_port=porthere

Comments

• If you are unable to change TS3 port to match your NAT port then use iptables port forwarding.

Thanked by 2Privacy chedenaz
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited September 2021

You can edit the .sqlite file that stores the database to change settings like ports. You can also connect to the telnet port locally and change settings while the server is running.

Thanked by 1Privacy
  • PrivacyPrivacy Member
    edited September 2021

@chocolateshirt said: If you are unable to change TS3 port to match your NAT port then use iptables port forwarding.

I never thought of this. This appears to be the simplest solution, thanks.

@pike said: You can edit the .sqlite file that stores the database to change settings like ports. You can also connect to the telnet port locally and change settings while the server is running.

So TS3 is no longer reading the .ini file even when using the "inifile=" argument? None of the changes I made to that configuration file are having an impact.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited September 2021

@Privacy I cannot comment on that. I remember that either the startscript or minimal_runscript has a line that you can edit to feed commandline options to the server (which I used to change the serveradmin password). However, using telnet is the best practice to change any settings/create more virtual servers.

edit: its startscript

Thanked by 1Privacy
  • I remember using this script years back for TS3 NAT setup. Maybe try that one? :)

https://github.com/bosscoder/NAT-TS3-Installer

Thanked by 1Privacy
  • @pike said: cannot comment on that. I remember that either the startscript or minimal_runscript has a line that you can edit to feed commandline options to the server (which I used to change the serveradmin password). However, using telnet is the best practice to change any settings/create more virtual servers.

edit: its startscript

Looks like I'll use Telnet to fix it. It appears that TS3 no longer accepts the ts3server.ini configuration file, at least from my testing.

• PrivacyPrivacy Member
    edited October 2021

Anyone else running TS3 on a NAT box willing to share how they set it up?

• @Privacy said:
    Anyone else running TS3 on a NAT box willing to share how they set it up?

I found the reason you look for NAT KVM VPS. TeamSpeak behind NAT?

• @bsh said: I found the reason you look for NAT KVM VPS. TeamSpeak behind NAT?

It's not my only use, but I do prefer KVM over OpenVZ. I prefer to have control over the kernel for security purposes and for the more standardized installation of WireGuard.

• You could also use docker. Portforwarding is pretty straight forward in docker.