Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any other providers similar to Webdock with low-priced LXC/LXD VPSes?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any other providers similar to Webdock with low-priced LXC/LXD VPSes?

Hi,

I'm a big fan of Webdock - their platform is perfect for my needs; low price, many CPU cores, and I don't ever need to worry about CPU steal because of the LXD virtualisation method they use. For my needs, I need many CPU cores but only a small amount of ram and disk space - so this is why I'm finding providers like Webdock so good, really affordable and solid hosting for Ubuntu.

I've been doing a lot of Googling but cannot find any other providers that are similar - it's all mostly KVM and OpenVZ. Does anyone know any decent LXC/LXD VPS hosts in Europe that have a similar offering? Countries I'm interested in would be: Germany, Hungary, Romania, Austria, Sweden.

Thanks

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@terrahost had decent LXC offers in the past.

Thanked by 2fixxation terrahost
  • Thanked by 1fixxation
  • ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

Maybe search for containers instead of vps?

Thanked by 1fixxation
  • Just curious, why is LXD immune to CPU steal?

• @drunkendog said:
    Just curious, why is LXD immune to CPU steal?

From what I have been told, with LXD virtualisation you have direct access to the physical hardware, and the machine is shared as if it were bare metal. I'm feel pretty confident this is true, as my best LXD host out-performs all of my similar spec KVM hosts, and the load average 'spikes' are much smaller on my LXD host compared to KVM (or even worse), OpenVZ hosts.

One thing I've noticed with a couple LXC hosts so far is that the load averages reported in the container are the actual physical host, instead of the container itself - apparently it requires a kernel update to make the containers report what their actual load averages are, rather than the host machine overall load averages.