Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Banned ⛔ and the Deadpooled ☠️
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The Banned ⛔ and the Deadpooled ☠️

DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

People come and go, and so does Hosting Brands/Providers/Companies, unfortunately.

Due to this, I would suggest having and maintaining 2 sticky threads.

1. Banned Users
    - There would be too many to list for past bans so maybe for future bans, moderators and/or admins to list the user ID with a short and simple reason for ban, e.g. Ban Evasion, Spam, Alt Account etc., basically whatever that falls under the "kill -9 behaviors" list.

2. Deadpooled Brands/Providers
    - We can have past and present Deadpooled Brands listed in this thread. With details such as Brand, Registered Company Name/Number, Provider's LET Username and Estimated Deadpool Date will be sufficient.

Not everyone's on top of everything on LET, especially new members, so these two threads could be somewhat useful to both old and new members.

Thanked by 3rcy026 JasonM caracal

Comments

• So are we going to have a debate on status of @cociu , I suggest a lowendtv episode with debate between @jsg and anyone who is representing other group , also @deank can be the judge ,but will have to teach him English otherwise he would just keep saying the end is nigh

• So are we going to have a debate on status of @cociu

Easy question, walking dead.

Thanked by 3DP coolice frog
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited August 2021

So you want:

1. moderators to justify themselves when putting a ban? What do you smoke?
    2. a list of brands which dead-pooled, even though some people started new companies in the same business, and are actually sponsoring LET? Now I want some of that thing you smoke.
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@default said: Now I want some of that thing you smoke

You don't need it, trust me.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • there should be 3rd category which is most important one:

3. Banned and Un-banned Providers

this will help users cautiously buy from such providers.

Thanked by 2DP gazmull
    edited August 2021

These are just suggestions.

If the admins, mods and members of the community are in favor of the idea, then so be it.

• @DP said:

I rarely smoke, but it seems today is a great day, because of such thread. :smiley:

@default said:

@DP said:

I rarely smoke, but it seems today is a great day, because of such thread. :smiley:

I haven't had a ciggy in like 6 months so I think I've quit smoking.

It's all vaping now.

• Why not just create an unofficial version of that? We can all use the hive mind to speculate the reason for each ban.

Mods could add the official reason only if they choose, but it would be inappropriate to push the mods for a reason so we instead would use our best efforts to work it out?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

I like the idea but please give us some times to iron things out if we were to implement them... been busying with lots of stuff lately :sweat:

• LeviLevi Member
    edited August 2021

Okey, it's doable. The main question here - who will pay the salary?

P.S. As a category we should have "pre-deadpool" one. For those who like to be oracles.

• @FAT32 said:
    I like the idea but please give us some times to iron things out if we were to implement them...

• @default said: So you want:

moderators to justify themselves when putting a ban? What do you smoke?

also you:

@default said: I respectfully request from you to please present 1 (one) solid argument which was foundation for your decision of banning @bkj (duration does not matter, the act in itself is important in this case).

What do you smoke?

• @Falzo said:

@default said: So you want:

also you:

@default said: I respectfully request from you to please present 1 (one) solid argument which was foundation for your decision of banning @bkj (duration does not matter, the act in itself is important in this case).

What do you smoke?

:D

• @DP said: - We can have past and present Deadpooled Brands listed in this thread. With details such as Brand, Registered Company Name/Number, Provider's LET Username and Estimated Deadpool Date will be sufficient.

This will make things less enjoyable for lowenddetectives.

@Boogeyman said:

@DP said: - We can have past and present Deadpooled Brands listed in this thread. With details such as Brand, Registered Company Name/Number, Provider's LET Username and Estimated Deadpool Date will be sufficient.

This will make things less enjoyable for lowenddetectives.

LEDs can and should pitch in.

The list is just an index :)

• Having ban reason in the user activity is enough for me.

Thanked by 2yoursunny dahartigan
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

This just sounds like inviting people to review and comment on all actions taken. That kind of transparency sounds good on paper, and certainly I've always been a fan of transparency itself, but the reality is that it would only serve to fuel drama and create unnecessary burden which further discourages anyone from being a moderator. This place does enough to discourage the role already.

Thanked by 3DP Falzo bikegremlin

@jar said: the reality is that it would only serve to fuel drama and create unnecessary burden which further discourages anyone from being a moderator. This place does enough to discourage the role already.

I fully agree :)

Well, I would prefer the threads to be locked for only admins and mods but these are just my suggestions thinking it would be useful for the community.

On the other hand, maybe they have other plans or something else up their sleeves that are somewhat related to this.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited August 2021

@Falzo said:

@default said: So you want:

also you:

What do you smoke?

Exactly. This is why I know rules for mods won't happen. Moderators don't have rules and don't accept rules. That request remained unanswered and thread was closed, meaning mods like such freedom.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Point #2 would be a good idea for the wiki.

Something like:

• a minute of silence for @bkj .

Thanked by 2default bulbasaur
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Given the average IQ of 7 on LET, this will be too complicated for users.

• @deank said:
    Given the average IQ of 7 on LET, this will be too complicated for users.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

It means the end is nigh.

If the average IQ of the general population is 7, it has to be.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • Thanked by 2Ympker frog
  • gimme moar memes

• @sigoat said:
    gimme moar memes

if you keep on spamming and necroing like you do right now, I think you'll quickly become a meme of yourself in this very topic...

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • When I was a young boy
    My father took me into the city
    To see a marching band

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2021

Yea