Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

› SHARED/RESELLER HOSTING w/ cPanel/WHM - WHERE? Let us know :) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SHARED/RESELLER HOSTING w/ cPanel/WHM - WHERE? Let us know :)

Comments

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@foitin said:
    Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan.
    Well. Any APAC country would be great.

Hi @foitin -- thanks for commenting, love it! These suggestions are good, and Singapore is looking like a strong candidate.

We love the feedback we're getting so far, and it's safe to say that Singapore is a fairly popular request that we will need to fulfill.

• foitinfoitin Member
    edited August 2021

@dustinc said:

@foitin said:

Hi @foitin -- thanks for commenting, love it! These suggestions are good, and Singapore is looking like a strong candidate.

We love the feedback we're getting so far, and it's safe to say that Singapore is a fairly popular request that we will need to fulfill.

Would you consider Russia if there's only a low demand. Connectivity from Japan, Korea to EU countries sucks. Stupid routing through Singapore or US which causes super high latency and packet loss. Russia seems to be a good hop candidate and afaik the cost of running servers in Russia is relatively low.

• if i have to justify my vote as well, then i solemnly reveal that i voted for germany. the racknerd vps in holland are already top notch. but shared hosting is also needed from racknerd in europe!

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

For resellers (I'd like to join that group), cpanel/whm is definitely better, but DirectAdmin is also gaining ground, and If there is a big price difference, it could well be an incentive.

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • I take my vote back... anywhere in South America

• vip3r09vip3r09 Member
    edited August 2021

Singapore 🇸🇬 + Russia 🇷🇺 sounds great

• russia, singapore or india with directadmin would be cool

• mikeimikei Member
    edited August 2021

++ for Russia

And not location/Racknerd only related .. I just helped to my friend with setting up Namesilo domain/hosting/email. They use titan.email. Seems impressive! Not that RoundCube. Once I heard it was acquired by Automattic.

• @dustinc said: Hi @hostkar -- we believe in transparency and performance, and this is not something we can currently consider at this time for our reseller hosting product line. We have healthy LVE limits by default for all cPanel accounts, and can consider raising them on a case by case basis, and have raised them for some customers on certain use cases/requests at no extra charge.

It's worth mentioning that I do understand where you're coming from, from a business perspective I can see how it may be beneficial, and hopefully at some point we can earn your business and work together

Actually I have active service with RackNerd too, using more then 1 year and the service is awesome. But the issue is I am selling hosting with 3GB, 5GB Physical memory from long ago. So I am still with Hostmantis, hostens etc. Don't know how they are providing LVE Manager access to me, but they are providing.
    So if you can make it anyway I think there's many people like me will shift to Racknerd.

• @dustinc said:

@foitin said:

Please send a notification email when the SG Shared Hosting plans are available. Not every LET members visit this forum in daily basis.

I'm really looking forward to moving my site from hawkhost's SG to racknerd.

I have 2 Xeon plans, 2 Ryzen plans, and 1 shared plan with you and I'm really happy with their performance so far.

Keep going with your good work!

• @dustinc said:

@foitin said:

Please have Singapore DC!

• Is your shared hosting allow python and nodejs?
    I will need one at Asia weeks later.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@elliotc said:
    Is your shared hosting allow python and nodejs?

it seems to be possible in the LA location

Thanked by 2elliotc dustinc
  • I really wish to see racknerd coming into Singapore, if you need local access anywhere, I am available, just pm me. You have my contacts.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • I voted for New Zealand because I'd love to see such an "exotic" APAC location at RackNerd prices/specs/service.

Having said that, my special spy satellite detects some activity further away....

Thanked by 1CoastHosting
  • @bruh21 said:

@elliotc said:

I saw some shared deal still available, i may buy one later tmr for test. It is < $10/y anyway :p

edited August 2021

@elliotc said:

@bruh21 said:

@elliotc said:

I saw some shared deal still available, i may buy one later tmr for test. It is < $10/y anyway :p

I find that the server is a bit full (80-90% RAM usage), but my website performance does not suffer that much. For the price, that much storage is unbeatable. Plus, I still prefer cPanel to DA, so this is really a good deal.
    Also, you can still get 2x bandwidth if you comment in the New Year thread.

@foitin said:

@dustinc said:

@foitin said:

Would you consider Russia if there's only a low demand. Connectivity from Japan, Korea to EU countries sucks. Stupid routing through Singapore or US which causes super high latency and packet loss. Russia seems to be a good hop candidate and afaik the cost of running servers in Russia is relatively low.

Hi @foitin -- appreciate the interest and feedback. When we expand, we do this based on the market demand. If Russia tends to be less of demand, we wouldn't want to deploy there, as this would be unsustainable to our business. I understand you mentioned operating costs are low (so perhaps I'm being too harsh) and should look into it first :)

I'll be sure to seek demand for this location as well, and hopefully we have interest.

@hyperblast said:
    if i have to justify my vote as well, then i solemnly reveal that i voted for germany. the racknerd vps in holland are already top notch. but shared hosting is also needed from racknerd in europe!

Hi @hyperblast -- this is great to hear! We have had tons of positive feedback regarding our services in Europe, and it's even more reassuring to hear you're enjoying them as well!

We are proceeding with Singapore shared hosting :) And we have another exciting expansion to be announced today. We're listening to the community and executing.

@lowfatgeek said:

@dustinc said:

@foitin said:

Please send a notification email when the SG Shared Hosting plans are available. Not every LET members visit this forum in daily basis.

I'm really looking forward to moving my site from hawkhost's SG to racknerd.

I have 2 Xeon plans, 2 Ryzen plans, and 1 shared plan with you and I'm really happy with their performance so far.

Keep going with your good work!

Hi @lowfatgeek - love to hear that your experience with RackNerd has been great! Also happy to see the growth. Customers who have multiple services with RackNerd in several of our regions, and often times promote our awesome services, is what we aim for and look forward to.

We will send out a global email as we expand into Singapore :)

@explicit said:

@dustinc said:

@foitin said:

Please have Singapore DC!

Hi @explicit -- good news!

We're proceeding with Singapore :)

@elliotc said:

Hi @elliotc -- Python and Nodejs are supported on RackNerd's shared hosting platform.

As @bruh21 mentioned - you can set these up from within the cPanel control panel. If you have any questions or run into any issues, please feel free to open a support ticket, we're here to help.

@dahartigan said:
    I voted for New Zealand because I'd love to see such an "exotic" APAC location at RackNerd prices/specs/service.

Having said that, my special spy satellite detects some activity further away....

@dahartigan Good eye :)

Lots of exciting announcements -- happy to see you're ahead of the game.

Thanked by 1dahartigan

@elliotc said:

@bruh21 said:

@elliotc said:

Hi @elliotc - awesome!

We look forward to working with you.

@bruh21 said:

@elliotc said:

@bruh21 said:

@elliotc said:

I find that the server is a bit full (80-90% RAM usage), but my website performance does not suffer that much. For the price, that much storage is unbeatable. Plus, I still prefer cPanel to DA, so this is really a good deal.

Hi @bruh21 — as for the host nodes themselves, we tend to keep our host nodes with plenty of extra RAM / breathing room. That being said, I believe you might be referring to the LVE limitations on RAM imposed by CloudLinux on your shared hosting account. By default, we allow 1 GB of RAM per cPanel account, additional capacity for individual sites/cPanel accounts can be negotiated or provided on a case by case basis, depending on your use case.

So if you find yourself needing higher LVE limits, please feel free to reach out :)

@dustinc said:

@bruh21 said:

@elliotc said:

@bruh21 said:

@elliotc said:

Hi @bruh21 — as for the host nodes themselves, we tend to keep our host nodes with plenty of extra RAM / breathing room. That being said, I believe you might be referring to the LVE limitations on RAM imposed by CloudLinux on your shared hosting account. By default, we allow 1 GB of RAM per cPanel account, additional capacity for individual sites/cPanel accounts can be negotiated or provided on a case by case basis, depending on your use case.

So if you find yourself needing higher LVE limits, please feel free to reach out :)

im just saying that the server as a whole is showing at 90% usage in the cPanel server information tab right now

@bruh21 said:

@dustinc said:

@bruh21 said:

@elliotc said:

@bruh21 said:

@elliotc said:

im just saying that the server as a whole is showing at 90% usage in the cPanel server information tab right now

Hi @bruh21 — at a quick glance I see the server that you're on is actually using far less than that and actually has plenty of available RAM. According to the cPanel community forums, it looks like the server information statistics by cPanel includes cached memory, so actual used RAM is far less than that.

See https://www.linuxatemyram.com/ for more details.

We'll see about clearing out some caches on your server to help make that alert less cosmetically "alarming" but in either case because of the fact there's plenty of actual memory available when including unused/cached, it should not negatively impact real world performance, unless you find yourself being bottlenecked by the LVE limitations in place (and if that's the case, feel free to reach out so we can see what we can do for you to increase those CloudLinux LVE allocations).

@dustinc said:

@bruh21 said:

@dustinc said:

@bruh21 said:

@elliotc said:

@bruh21 said:

@elliotc said:

Hi @bruh21 — at a quick glance I see the server that you're on is actually using far less than that and actually has plenty of available RAM. According to the cPanel community forums, it looks like the server information statistics by cPanel includes cached memory, so actual used RAM is far less than that.

We'll see about clearing out some caches on your server to help make that alert less cosmetically "alarming" but in either case because of the fact there's plenty of actual memory available when including unused/cached, it should not negatively impact real world performance, unless you find yourself being bottlenecked by the LVE limitations in place (and if that's the case, feel free to reach out so we can see what we can do for you to increase those CloudLinux LVE allocations).

it works fine for me, i was just concerned that the server might be getting full. thanks!

@bruh21 said:

@dustinc said:

@bruh21 said:

@dustinc said:

@bruh21 said:

@elliotc said:

@bruh21 said:

@elliotc said:

it works fine for me, i was just concerned that the server might be getting full. thanks!

Hi @bruh21 -- that's valid, though rest assure performance and real world usage, should always be something you're happy with. If this ever changes, be sure to let us know. For now, I'm happy to hear services are working well. :) This is how it should be.

And to follow up, our techs managed to clear some unused caches on the server you’re on, to help make that alert less cosmetically alarming to you/end-users.

If you need anything else, please feel free to reach out. Thank You for being our valued customer and for your continued support!

Hi All, as an update we've expanded to one of the voted locations: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/173467/badabingbadaboom-racknerd-expands-to-frankurt-germany-deals-inside

More news to come :)

Thanked by 1dahartigan