Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SHARED/RESELLER HOSTING w/ cPanel/WHM - WHERE? Let us know :)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SHARED/RESELLER HOSTING w/ cPanel/WHM - WHERE? Let us know :)

dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

We've been experiencing rapid growth, and it's all thanks to this awesome community. We believe expansion is important, and the way we've been able to quickly scale our business is by expansion based on customer demand. With that being said, we're looking to introduce some additional locations to our shared/reseller hosting product line.

While we have many shared hosting nodes online today in Los Angeles, we know that we can better service the community by offering additional locations on this product line. There has been interest for us to expand our shared/reseller hosting product line to additional regions. We see these comments, but really haven't settled for any particular location(s) yet, we understand that we can survey our customers, but being a top provider here, we also wanted to seek the community's feedback as to where they would like these services to be available out of.

Some of the ones that we recall having interest in are:

• New Zealand
  • France
  • Miami
  • Germany
  • Singapore

We are setting up a poll with these options, if you select on "Other," please write a comment below with your desired location :)

What makes our offers unique with respect to our shared/reseller hosting product line is that we're using cPanel/WHM (an interface that end-users are comfortable and familiar with) - and some features included standard are daily offsite backups powered by JetBackup, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed Web Server w/ LSCache, MailChannels, etc. If there are any features we do not have that you would like to see - please let me know in the comments section below -- we're looking for site builder software recommendations as well.

We sincerely value everyone's feedback and opinions!

Location Options
  1. What location should we expand to next?140 votes
    1. New Zealand
        6.43%
    2. France
        3.57%
    3. Miami
        7.86%
    4. Germany
      22.14%
    5. Singapore
      49.29%
    6. Other
      10.71%

Comments

• Vancouver! I know it's not worth it)

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@mikei said:
    Vancouver! I know it's not worth it)

@mikei -- You never know :)

We're gauging the market and we're listening! We will definitely be expanding this product line. 👍

Thanked by 1mikei
  • Singapore please,.. Directadmin instead. It would be awesome!

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@lowfatgeek said:
    Singapore please,.. Directadmin instead. It would be awesome!

for that i would recommend @seriesn, although his storage is a lot less

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • How about Japan?

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited August 2021

I voted for Singapore. (Asia)
    and would like one in Germany/France (Europe). EU region is more like a center if we consider people visiting site from US/Canada, plus Asian countries and Europe itself including UK.

Not a big fan of hosting in AU region as LA is already within few ms / hops to AU.

Thanked by 1nyamenk
  • I need LVE Manager to show higher limits to users.
    Only for this reason I use HostMantis.

• gianggiang Veteran

I voted for Singapore.

An APAC location would be great for Asians users.

• @hostkar said: I need LVE Manager to show higher limits to users.

Users can see their limits on right sidebar when they login to cPanel OR under Resource Usage Page.

I wonder how can Reseller just show higher than allowed Resources if they're not applied to user account in LVE manager? Could you share screenshot?

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • Man, you gotta have all services in Singapore, specially vps as i know you already have servers there

• Singapore Please.

• Singapore…

• Exotic Region would be nice

• @JasonM said: Users can see their limits on right sidebar when they login to cPanel OR under Resource Usage Page.

I wonder how can Reseller just show higher than allowed Resources if they're not applied to user account in LVE manager? Could you share screenshot?

Check this. I can set my own limits here. - https://prnt.sc/1qdsiim

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited August 2021
    • Nunavut Canada
    • Principality of Sealand
    • South Pole
    • luna
    Thanked by 1dustinc
  • are you using mail.baby or mailchannels?

• @yoursunny said:

• Nunavut Canada
    • Principality of Sealand
    • South Pole
    • luna

and for sure:

• off-shore
    • bullet-proof
    • northern-korea
    • and all the other shitholes
    Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Suggestions:

Asia:
    Singapore/Malaysia/Indonesia
    India
    Japan

Australia

South Africa

Brazil or somewhere in South America

Exotic: Iran, Israeli (not sure it's exotic or not)

Choose the one with most traction and least trouble....

*Voted for Singapore though...

@lowfatgeek said:
    Singapore please,.. Directadmin instead. It would be awesome!

Hi @lowfatgeek — thank you for commenting and for your interest in Singapore. This is a location that is definitely one for strong consideration on the poll, and one that we're likely to move forward with.

We've considered DirectAdmin, though we've realized that the demand in the market is still leaning towards cPanel/WHM, due to its popularity and the fact that end-users (both tech savvy and non tech savvy) are most accustomed to it. This benefits our resellers from a sales perspective since they will be able to offer hosting services with a control panel that their end users are familiar with using. While we understand there has been concern with regards to cPanel licensing pricing that has affected a bulk amount of providers in the recent year or two, we're still able to offer competitive pricing on shared/reseller hosting based on the cPanel/WHM control panel :)

Feel free to send me an e-mail at [email protected] with your full requirements, and if we do proceed with Singapore, perhaps I can get you a custom deal ;)

@kugyo said:
    How about Japan?

Hi @kugyo -- Thank you for commenting! Japan is a location to consider. As long as there's enough demand, we'll definitely consider it.

@JasonM said:
    I voted for Singapore. (Asia)
    and would like one in Germany/France (Europe). EU region is more like a center if we consider people visiting site from US/Canada, plus Asian countries and Europe itself including UK.

Not a big fan of hosting in AU region as LA is already within few ms / hops to AU.

Hi @JasonM -- thanks for the feedback and for being our valued customer. I can see Singapore and Europe both being beneficial for different audiences and use cases!

As you've pointed out, our Los Angeles DC-02 location does provide excellent latency to the AU and Oceania region.

I think you're going to be very happy with how we expand our shared and reseller hosting product line. We're carefully observing the poll, as well as the overall demand for additional locations, and our commitment towards expansion is happening.

Thanked by 1JasonM

@hostkar said:
    I need LVE Manager to show higher limits to users.
    Only for this reason I use HostMantis.

Hi @hostkar -- we believe in transparency and performance, and this is not something we can currently consider at this time for our reseller hosting product line. We have healthy LVE limits by default for all cPanel accounts, and can consider raising them on a case by case basis, and have raised them for some customers on certain use cases/requests at no extra charge.

It's worth mentioning that I do understand where you're coming from, from a business perspective I can see how it may be beneficial, and hopefully at some point we can earn your business and work together :)

@giang said:
    I voted for Singapore.

An APAC location would be great for Asians users.

Hi @giang -- thanks for your vote. Singapore definitely seems to be highly voted so far, and I can see how it would benefit the audiences from Asia :)

@biangkerok said:
    Man, you gotta have all services in Singapore, specially vps as i know you already have servers there

Hi @biangkerok -- I'm with you, and totally agree. We still have some announcements to release with regards to our VPS product line that we'll be releasing soon. For our shared/reseller hosting product line, Singapore is looking very possible.

Thank you for providing your feedback!

For the locations that we do decide to move forward with, we'll be announcing on our social media, so be sure to follow us at https://twitter.com/racknerd :)

@Panit said:
    Singapore Please.

Hi @Panit -- Thank You for the vote. The demand is definitely there, I think it's going to happen ;)

@kaz050457 said:
    Singapore…

Hi @kaz050457 -- <3 Appreciate you commenting and happy to see that Singapore continues to be a desired location. I'll be sharing this feedback with the team.

@logaritse said:
    Exotic Region would be nice

Hi @logaritse -- appreciate you commenting, we can see the value in an exotic location. Out of curiosity, where exactly were you thinking?

@neverain said:
    are you using mail.baby or mailchannels?

Hi @neverain -- we are utilizing mail.baby. Stacey and Mike are good people and run an excellent show over there :)

• Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan.
    Well. Any APAC country would be great.

@MikeIn said:
    Suggestions:

Asia:
    Singapore/Malaysia/Indonesia
    India
    Japan

Australia

South Africa

Brazil or somewhere in South America

Exotic: Iran, Israeli (not sure it's exotic or not)

Choose the one with most traction and least trouble....

*Voted for Singapore though...

Hi @MikeIn -- really appreciate the suggestions!

We've actually considered several of the locations you've mentioned and happy to see that you are also interested in Singapore, the demand is definitely there!