Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LiveConfig control panel - Any thoughts ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LiveConfig control panel - Any thoughts ?

SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Stumbled into this web hosting control panel, never heard about it before. Appears to be provided as Binary (written in C/C++) and is about USD 9 for unlimited domain license.

Check out its details:
https://www.liveconfig.com/en/product/

Seems to be actively maintained:
https://www.liveconfig.com/en/changelog/

Anyone using here, what is your experience so far ?

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

Binary? Not good. Extreme close source. Go with ispconfig 3.

• intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

I've met them at WorldHostingDays in Germany. The owner seemed like a nice guy and a geek, as you'd expect from someone writing a non-trivial web app in C++ (!).

I guess they didn't manage to make the product popular enough, since it's pretty unknown.

• using it since 2013 in production for a (now legacy) shared hosting offer.
    after giving up on confixx and plesk I started using that and never had a problem with it (I think there even was a migration thing back in the day).

if the stack itself is to your and your clients liking is probably something everyone needs to decide on their own. however it's been kind of set and forget for me and that's why I still have it... can recommend.

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

The minimalism is NICE.

Not bad licensing cost. Will check it out on a server one day.

But not today.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@intovps said:

I guess they didn't manage to make the product popular enough, since it's pretty unknown.

They say that it started around 1999, in production use from last 20 years, its way too long. And it has all things one need (basic but are there) but I think their main issue is that they are primarily into German speaking people. Even their control panel demo was German, though found way to make it English but was not straight.

Moreover, they should find some GUI guy to make GUI more impressive and present what they have in more intuitive way.