Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sydney or near VPS/ Dedicated Servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sydney or near VPS/ Dedicated Servers

Lahiru_MLahiru_M Member
edited August 2021 in Requests

Hi, Anyone offer good VPS or Dedicated servers near sydeny, Aus?
Requirements :

• stable
  • good uptime
  • 2/4 cores
  • 4/8 Ram
  • 80/100GB

anyone can offer reasonable price please?

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited August 2021

OVH / WebHosting24 / ExtraVM / ShockHosting / QuantumCore / BinaryLane / ServersGalore

• A quick Google Maps search doesn't show up any place by that name.

Thanked by 1Lahiru_M
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@tetech said:
    A quick Google Maps search doesn't show up any place by that name.

Works for me. Maybe your Google Maps is broken?

Thanked by 1Lahiru_M
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Yes "sydeny" is very 'Strayan

I'll throw Linode and Vultr into the mix. Used both for years (vultr) and many months (linode), both decent.

• @tetech said:

:# :# :# >:) >:) >:) :D

• @brueggus said:

@tetech said:

Works for me. Maybe your Google Maps is broken?

B) B) B)

• binarylane.com.au

Thanked by 1tinyweasel
  • tinyweaseltinyweasel Member
    edited August 2021

@FAT32 said:
    OVH / WebHosting24 / ExtraVM / ShockHosting / QuantumCore / BinaryLane / ServersGalore

Yeah, I'd go with BinaryLane. Recently signed up and had my account approved (won't be able to outbound SSH/send emails to other servers if you don't get approved) within 72 hours, and I was able to host an email server with no issues (and with no concern about blacklists!).

Network seems to be pretty decent, and I get 29-30ms ping with my home connection, however, it's capped at 100mbit and the bandwidth caps suck, but I guess unless Telstra/Optus changes, bandwidth costs will remain the same forever.

They're also IPv6 ready, luckily, and their billing system is decent. Haven't had any downtime yet, but then again, I will find out eventually, but so far, no issues.

I hope you don't need to reach it from any European connection, though. Latency is fucking horrible. Looking at 600ms ping, and from the US, 300ms.

Thanked by 1Lahiru_M
  • https://shockhosting.net/vps
    https://shockhosting.net/dedicated

Sydney servers based in Equinix, 100Gbps Corero protection.

Thanked by 2bdl Lahiru_M
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep
    Thanked by 1Lahiru_M
  • https://onevps.com in Sydney.
    Use code: 25off-zhujiceping - For 25% recurring discount

Thanked by 1Lahiru_M
  • @SplitIce said:
    Yes "sydeny" is very 'Strayan

I'll throw Linode and Vultr into the mix. Used both for years (vultr) and many months (linode), both decent.

Ewwwwww - Get yourself a BinaryLane node ;)

Thanked by 1Lahiru_M
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@tinyweasel said:

@FAT32 said:

Yeah, I'd go with BinaryLane. Recently signed up and had my account approved (won't be able to outbound SSH/send emails to other servers if you don't get approved) within 72 hours, and I was able to host an email server with no issues (and with no concern about blacklists!).

Network seems to be pretty decent, and I get 29-30ms ping with my home connection, however, it's capped at 100mbit and the bandwidth caps suck, but I guess unless Telstra/Optus changes, bandwidth costs will remain the same forever.

They're also IPv6 ready, luckily, and their billing system is decent. Haven't had any downtime yet, but then again, I will find out eventually, but so far, no issues.

I hope you don't need to reach it from any European connection, though. Latency is fucking horrible. Looking at 600ms ping, and from the US, 300ms.

Do you mean the VM is capped to 100Mbps or that's all you can reach because of your home connection?

• @tinyweasel said: however, it's capped at 100mbit

Don't know what BinaryLane you're using....

Their infrastructure is 100% gigabit.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Binary lane x100000

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

If you want premium Sydney VPS with routed IPv6, try 👉 Webhosting24 Sydney NVMe VPS 👈.
    4 core 4GB plan is €12/month.
    Not cheap but quality comes with a price.
    Notice: paid link above, non-aff.

• @trewq said:

@tinyweasel said:

@FAT32 said:

Do you mean the VM is capped to 100Mbps or that's all you can reach because of your home connection?

Yeah, my bad, it is capped at 100mbit.

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

@QuantumCore is rock solid 1gbit ports and fast gold cpu's

• Shock hosting also. Prem stuff ;)

• @tinyweasel said:

@FAT32 said:

Must look at them again. I'm all in for vultr. Re ping - that's just geography which is why you might consider alternatives to world domination. The big pond is on average 250ms for 12000k.

• @tinyweasel said: it is capped at 100mbit

Binarylane is not capped at 100mbit. All their locations are fully gigabit NVMe enabled.