Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a super cheap vps with 50G HDD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a super cheap vps with 50G HDD

Hello, I'm looking for a super cheap vps with about 50G HDD. I'd like to run a linux desktop (may be xfce) on the vps so it may need some RAM (I don't know but maybe 512M?). I'm happy to accept openvz and NAT vps if price is good. I'm expecting a super cheap deal around $10/y, or even cheaper. Would that be possible?

Comments

• edited August 2021

@dahartigan, you must mention that ALL LINKS you provided above are AFFILIATED links.

Edit: don't be a dick!

• @dahartigan said:
    Try the first one on this page: https://dah85.com/servers-under-30-per-year.html

Thanks but all of them are out of my budget, and some have really small NVME storage. I really don't need fast storge but would like some large one.

• @Greyhound said:

@dahartigan said:
    Try the first one on this page: https://dah85.com/servers-under-30-per-year.html

Thanks but all of them are out of my budget, and some have really small NVME storage. I really don't need fast storge but would like some large one.

My bad, I saw your post as $10/m instead of $10/y

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Greyhound said:
    Hello, I'm looking for a super cheap vps with about 50G HDD. I'd like to run a linux desktop (may be xfce) on the vps so it may need some RAM (I don't know but maybe 512M?). I'm happy to accept openvz and NAT vps if price is good. I'm expecting a super cheap deal around $10/y, or even cheaper. Would that be possible?

Not saying that it would impossible, especially around BF/CM, but it would probably be offered as a storage VPS, hence less performant (and not intended) for "desktop use".

I really think that you need to increase your budget.

• @angstrom said:

@Greyhound said:

Not saying that it would impossible, especially around BF/CM, but it would probably be offered as a storage VPS, hence less performant (and not intended) for "desktop use".

ya but as a remote desktop, I rarely use it, probably a few times a week. That's why I'd like a cheap one. I don't care the bandwidth. I just want a disk that would be enough to install X desktop and leave me 10~15G space to do some work. I don't care about the location either.

@Greyhound said:

@angstrom said:

@Greyhound said:

ya but as a remote desktop, I rarely use it, probably a few times a week. That's why I'd like a cheap one. I don't care the bandwidth. I just want a disk that would be enough to install X desktop and leave me 10~15G space to do some work. I don't care about the location either.

Inception Hosting's Storage KVM 250 is a good deal (13€ / year), but it's intended as a storage VPS:

https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=30

This the closest that comes to mind at the moment.

Thanked by 1Greyhound
  • My VPS from hosthatch, which has 1 Core, 2G Ram, 60G nvme disk, it's $35/year.
    I am happy with this.

edited August 2021

@jpeng said:
    My VPS from hosthatch, which has 1 Core, 2G Ram, 60G nvme disk, it's $35/year.

But $35/year is very far from (around) $10/year

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited August 2021

@Greyhound said:

@angstrom said:

@Greyhound said:

Hmm, to be honest, I think you could probably reduce your storage requirement and have more success. Unlike Windows, the average Linux distro is less than 5GB installed so even with 20GB you'd have 10-15GB space left over.

If you traded some of that space for some extra RAM (which will make a noticeable difference if you plan to open a web browser) I think you'd find that for around $10/year you will start to find suitable offers.

I hope that helps.

EDIT:

1x vCPU Core
    30 GB SSD Cached RAID-10 Storage
    1 GB RAM

Is $15.25/year in your budget?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • I'll second what @dahartigan says. I'd rather prefer SSD than HDD for a VNC desktop.

Take a look at @ezeth offers: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/173019/boomer-host-amazing-offers-only-8-38-yr-with-dedicated-ipv4-ipv6-included-free-snapshots

Up to 30GB of SSD storage for $16.76/y

The only server I can think of that would meet your 50GB criteria would be the BF special from VPSslim that had 1 vCPU/1GB RAM/50GB SSD for 1€/mo, but it is unavailable now.