Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Long-term search for a new VPS in European DC with large storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Long-term search for a new VPS in European DC with large storage

BigBlueBigBlue Member
edited July 2021 in Requests

My current hosting provider told me that the legacy plan by boxes are running on might not be supported anymore in the long run, which is why I'm now looking for an alternative. I'd use this chance to consolidate services running on both of my current LEBs, which means there'll be a web server hosting several static sites as well as a private Seafile instance.

min. specs:
1 vCPU
512MB RAM
100GB storage (SSD preferred, small SSD + larger HDD would be ideal)
no hard bandwidth requirements / preferably two distinct IPs, but no hard requirement either
located in Europe
single-digit $/mo

Since I've been out of the game surrounding LEBs for around eight years now, I've probably missed some good tips. Are there any chances right now I shouldn't miss or would it be wise to wait until Black Friday sales start?

Comments

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@Francisco
    buyvm slice 512mb and then get a slab
    just wait for luxembourg to get back in stock
    https://buyvmstock.com

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @BigBlue said:
    My current hosting provider told me that the legacy plan by boxes are running on might not be supported anymore in the long run, which is why I'm now looking for an alternative. I'd use this chance to consolidate services running on both of my current LEBs, which means there'll be a web server hosting several static sites as well as a private Seafile instance.

min. specs:
    1 vCPU
    512MB RAM
    100GB storage (SSD preferred, small SSD + larger HDD would be ideal)
    no hard bandwidth requirements / preferably two distinct IPs, but no hard requirement either
    located in Europe
    single-digit $/mo

Since I've been out of the game surrounding LEBs for around eight years now, I've probably missed some good tips. Are there any chances right now I shouldn't miss or would it be wise to wait until Black Friday sales start?

Come join the NexusBytes family boss <3

VPs-1G with 100 GB hdd storage block for $5.25/month :)

Save more with longer commitments. https://nexusbytes.com/

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

You can take a look at our Storage05TB with 500GB HDD for $30/year: https://greenkvm.com/

• VitalyVitaly Member, Host Rep

Hello, Russia locations are acceptable?

• alwyzonalwyzon Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2021

How about an Alwyzon Storage Server 1T in Vienna? They are HDD-based but with a transparent caching layer, SAS enterprise HDDs and backed by a powerful hardware RAID controller.

Storage Server 1T: 5,20 € per month for…
    1024 MB DDR4 ECC Memory
    1 vCore Xeon® Silver (2ⁿᵈ Gen)
    1 TB HDD (RAID 6/Cached)
    5 TB Monthly Bandwidth
    ✓ Located in Vienna, AT
    ✓ 1x IPv4 + /64 IPv6 included
    ✓ 1000 Mb/s Up- and Downlink

[[ ORDER NOW ]]
    (All prices excl. VAT)

More packages and more details on www.alwyzon.com.
    Further Links: Website, Looking Glass, Terms of Service

• Thanks, everyone! Looks like there are a couple of good choices out there. I'm going to spin up Excel and do a comparison after I do some planning - and get an overview on what's currently running on my boxes and setup a transferral plan.
    @Francisco and @seriesn, you both seem to offer storage like add-ons. Is it possible to later on extend the storage and, if so, does this increase the available space on the existing virtual volume or does it add an additional volume?

• @BigBlue said:
    Thanks, everyone! Looks like there are a couple of good choices out there. I'm going to spin up Excel and do a comparison after I do some planning - and get an overview on what's currently running on my boxes and setup a transferral plan.
    @Francisco and @seriesn, you both seem to offer storage like add-ons. Is it possible to later on extend the storage and, if so, does this increase the available space on the existing virtual volume or does it add an additional volume?

Yes and yes! Oh yesss! Upto 10TB.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@BigBlue said:
    Thanks, everyone! Looks like there are a couple of good choices out there. I'm going to spin up Excel and do a comparison after I do some planning - and get an overview on what's currently running on my boxes and setup a transferral plan.

buyvm has the one of the cheapest options, and it is expandable up to 10tb. you can have up to 8 blocks attached to your vps

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2021

In our own datacenter, located in Gdansk, Poland