Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ModulesGarden Proxmox VPS Module for Blesta - kickstarter
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ModulesGarden Proxmox VPS Module for Blesta - kickstarter

AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

found this while searching for a proxmox module that works with Blesta. it's being developed by the same people behind Proxmox VPS for whmcs - modulesgarden.

Kickstarter - Proxmox VPS For Blesta - Automatic provisioning & management
A powerful module that will automate the complete workflow behind virtual servers provisioning and management right inside your Blesta!

Might be interesting for providers using Blesta :) so sharing here. (the default shipped Proxmox module seems outdated)

Thanked by 2chocolateshirt SinV

Comments

• jhjh Member
    edited July 2021

Interesting that they dropped their exclusive deal with WHMCS.

Seems strange to use Kickstarter though. No way Kickstarter is going to give them any meaningful publicity so the only reason I can think of to pay Kickstarter their fee would be if they really need the cash upfront which is a bit strange for a company the size of theirs. Maybe the WHMCS relationship was really damaging...

Thanked by 1Ticaga
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jh said: Interesting that they dropped their exclusive deal with WHMCS.

WHMCS suddenly changing their pricing like they did showed them that they need to diversify more. WHMCS doing something insane could tank them overnight.

It's a smart move and hopefully it helps Blesta make some in roads. They still have a lot of things on their own end to address, but it's nice to see more 3rd party support.

Francisco

• TicagaTicaga Member

I really don't like it. If they want people to buy it then they should make it and sell it. In my personal opinion, it's like, you give us money first then we'll do it. Kickstarter is a place for many scammers because they don't take any responsibility and give all the money to the creator after it finishes. Indiegogo doesn't until they start shipping.

Back to MG, you don't even get a source code version for backing their kickstarter.

• royal_oakroyal_oak Member
    edited July 2021

I find it strange to make a kickstarter funding for a whmcs module especially when already some code is available in form of their proxmox whmcs module.

• TejyTejy Member
    edited July 2021

What a non-surprise. Let's create an fully open source module, with some donators (including me). Proxmox is an open-source software, people don't want to use proprietary software to continue using Proxmox.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • Looks like they want to play it safe but I agree, odd that they are doing it as a kickstarter.
    Looks legit since they are promoting on their site:
    https://www.modulesgarden.com/products/promotions