Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me hunting for a wild Hong Kong VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help me hunting for a wild Hong Kong VPS

NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
edited July 2021 in General

Specs:

• No Containers, pain the arsehole
  • 256MB+ is fine
  • 100GB+ Traffic
  • IPv4 and IPv6
  • No fucking NAT, seriously

Target price: 5$/m or less or more.

I went through the most ever posted on LET.
So far the only option is AWS, but you know AWS 0.09$ per GB with low latency (RETN peering).

Anyone? Tanks.

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@Neoon said:
    Target price: 5$ or less

Per year or per month?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@FAT32 said:

@Neoon said:
    Target price: 5$ or less

Per year or per month?

Monthly, willing to pay moah.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

There are some non-NAT offers at the end of this post: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/172675/mlnl-host-rebranding-and-new-nat-offers-1/p1

I don't know if @randvegeta provides IPv6, though.

@brueggus said:
    There are some non-NAT offers at the end of this post: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/172675/mlnl-host-rebranding-and-new-nat-offers-1/p1

I don't know if @randvegeta provides IPv6, though.

Already checked, IPv4 routing is bad for my use case.

• _MS__MS_ Member

You have them listed as one of the sponsors on microLXC.
    https://www.starrydns.com/en/hong-kong-vps

Thanked by 1Neoon
    edited July 2021

MS said:
    You have them listed as one of the sponsors on microLXC.
    https://www.starrydns.com/en/hong-kong-vps

Oh, yea I forgot about them, seems to have what I need.
    I still would look for a second one, if someone still have something lemme know.

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • jpengjpeng Barred

I have been using hosthatch's HK vps who works fine for me, the connection is fast from HK and southern China.

• CybrCybr Member

@jpeng said:
    I have been using hosthatch's HK vps who works fine for me, the connection is fast from HK and southern China.

I can second this. Had no issues with HostHatch in Hong Kong. Good choice as long as you don't need low latency routes to mainland China.

• notgodnotgod Member

try japan,korea,singapore

hong kong network not any body can tell 100% stable
    always got some problem

edited July 2021

@Cybr said:

@jpeng said:

I can second this. Had no issues with HostHatch in Hong Kong. Good choice as long as you don't need low latency routes to mainland China.

Gentlemen, as you may know, Hosthatch, kicked my ass to the door.
    I bashed him publicly for his crap network, and yet on LET you can still find people complaining about fucked IPv6.

So Hosthatch is no option, never was.

My point, why I asked, was not about Local HK Routing.
    It was about Europe to HK, which I can get now to 160ms, baba yaga.

And if I don't like the lokal HK Routing, I just get another HK and jump to that Server.

Thanked by 1joypopery
  • xetsysxetsys Member

Check onecloud/oneprovider Hongkong VPS. They are on leaseweb and should have good peering.

@xetsys said:
    Check onecloud/oneprovider Hongkong VPS. They are on leaseweb and should have good peering.

I checked them, nah.

• JioJio Member
    edited July 2021

@Neoon said: Gentlemen, as you may know, Hosthatch, kicked my ass to the door.

are you telling me hosthatch kicked a customer for complaining that their network was down ???

@Jio said:

@Neoon said: Gentlemen, as you may know, Hosthatch, kicked my ass to the door.

are you telling me hosthatch kicked a customer for complaining that their network was down ???

Network related yes, but I don't gonna dig that story up again.

Thanks, checked and its OVZ only.

• xetsysxetsys Member

@Neoon said:

@xetsys said:

I checked them, nah.

I also have one with millenial.host. Its also good and they seem to have 5$ KVM VPS.

@xetsys said:

@Neoon said:

@xetsys said:

I checked them, nah.

I also have one with millenial.host. Its also good and they seem to have 5$ KVM VPS.

Also not useful in my case, bad routing to Europe.

• xetsysxetsys Member

@Neoon said:

@xetsys said:

@Neoon said:

@xetsys said:

I checked them, nah.

Leaseweb/Onecloud should have worked fine in that case. They have multiple landing points in Asia and Europe. Not sure what exactly happened in your case

@xetsys said:

@Neoon said:

@xetsys said:

@Neoon said:

@xetsys said:

I checked them, nah.

Leaseweb/Onecloud should have worked fine in that case. They have multiple landing points in Asia and Europe. Not sure what exactly happened in your case

I am looking for something very specific, which is hard to find.
    Its about the route it takes to Europe, I mentioned above I need stuff with low latency to Europe, I am talking below 160ms.

Which you can't find that easily.

• xetsysxetsys Member

https://www.peeringdb.com/ix/1449

Since RETN has landing point at the above Hongkong IX, you can check what other providers have presence there. I am surprised to find OVH there since OVH website doesnt have any VPS for Hongkong. May be you can try OVH singapore VPS for testing

edited July 2021

@xetsys said:

Since RETN has landing point at the above Hongkong IX, you can check what other providers have presence there. I am surprised to find OVH there since OVH website doesnt have any VPS for Hongkong. May be you can try OVH singapore VPS for testing

Well, I have seen providers connected to Hongkong IX, however its still routed the traditional way. I guess you have to pay a premium to use the faster route.

Even providers with direct RETN peering dosen't guarantee you anything.

Asia is big, Tokyo to SG is easy 70ms, going via SG increases my Ping.
    I have a Server in SG, Tokyo and Sydney and I still don't get that.

• xetsysxetsys Member
    edited July 2021

@Neoon said:

@xetsys said:

Well, I have seen providers with peering to Hongkong IX, however its still routed the traditional way. I guess you have to pay a premium to use the faster route.

Have you tried testing with VPNs which offer Hongkong location? ExpressVPN? AirVPN? MullVAD? Windscribe? Many of these offer different networks for the same locations (Hongkong in this case) if that makes sense.

@xetsys said:

@Neoon said:

@xetsys said:

Well, I have seen providers with peering to Hongkong IX, however its still routed the traditional way. I guess you have to pay a premium to use the faster route.

Have you tried testing with VPNs which offer Hongkong location? ExpressVPN? AirVPN? MullVAD? Windscribe? Many of these offer different networks for the same locations (Hongkong in this case) if that makes sense.

No, Its useless in my use case.
    Otherwise I would have requested it above.

• xetsysxetsys Member

@Neoon said:

@xetsys said:

@Neoon said:

@xetsys said:

I would be very tempted to test any hongkong VPS behind cloudflare warp+/cloudflare CDN as a last resort.

@xetsys said:

@Neoon said:

@xetsys said:

@Neoon said:

@xetsys said:

I would be very tempted to test any hongkong VPS behind cloudflare warp+/cloudflare CDN as a last resort.

I don't touch cloudflare with a 10 feet pole.
    And the same applies again, I can't make this shit work with my setup.

As requested above, it needs to be a Virtual Machine.

• xetsysxetsys Member

@Neoon said:

@xetsys said:

@Neoon said:

@xetsys said:

@Neoon said:

@xetsys said:

https://loc.vpsname.com/#Hong_Kong

May be you already know about these but I saved it once since it listed providers/locations missed by majority of aggregators/indexers.

@xetsys said:

@Neoon said:

@xetsys said:

@Neoon said:

@xetsys said:

@Neoon said:

@xetsys said:

https://loc.vpsname.com/#Hong_Kong

May be you already know about these but I saved it once since it listed providers/locations missed by majority of aggregators/indexers.

Thanks, I had most of them before, I checked the rest, sadly nothing.

• What about Chy-nah?

@dahartigan said:
    What about Chy-nah?

Option ya.

Already checked.

The latency is insane low but the price is way out of budget.
    Thanks brings me into checking anything in that Region.