Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare purging
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare purging

I have been facing caching issues with cloudflare, the cache purges in 30-40 minutes. Any experience or suggestions how to go about this?

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

Buy smallest plan and contact support. After they pin point your own fault, cancel plan. Enjoy.

Thanked by 2yoursunny lentro
  • vovlervovler Member
    edited July 2021

@Ragas78 Add query strings to what you want to purge and increment them as you want to purge stuff.

So
    image.jpg?1 if is cached,
    change to
    image.jpg?2

nvm misunderstood this

• JasonMJasonM Member

is it php or html? or css/js/gif?
    Under Rules > use: example.com/ and select Cache Everything.
    Now select the next option: Edge Cache: and select the time, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, etc.

IF you have .htaccess cache-control headers, then Cloudflare will respect those headers OR the edge-cache option selected above, which ever is HIGHER.

You can totally eliminate the edge-cache option in Cloudflare "Cache" page. Where you can ask Cloudflare to respect your Cache-Control headers that
    you've set in .htaccess file.

My site uses Cache Everything (to cache static and dynamic files), and my cache-control headers for php/html/txt files are set to 2 days. Where as
    for css, js, gif, pdf, etc are set to 1 year.

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran

@Ragas78 said:
    I have been facing caching issues with cloudflare, the cache purges in 30-40 minutes. Any experience or suggestions how to go about this?

Depends on what you want to do, CF plans have a different min CDN cache time - the lowest value you can set is 2hrs for free plan, 1hr for pro, 30min for biz and 1s for enterprise. But if you want to set a longer cache time, then you can use page rules and edge cache TTL or via new CF cdn-cache-control or cloudflare-cdn-cache-control headers https://blog.cloudflare.com/cdn-cache-control/ for the default extensions that CF support

• tetechtetech Member

I suggest taking prunes