Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Manhattan, New York City ★ 1GB RAM $4.20 OR LESS! / 256MB $17/Yr ★ LIMITED STOCK ★ OpenVZ/SolusVM ★
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Manhattan, New York City ★ 1GB RAM $4.20 OR LESS! / 256MB $17/Yr ★ LIMITED STOCK ★ OpenVZ/SolusVM ★

ReeceReece Member
edited September 2013 in Offers

Greetings LowendTalk

We've still got plenty of room left on our E3-1270v2 node before we roll out our the new E5's so were offering a very nice special to everyone based in Manhattan, New York with Zayo/Abovenet & GTT Bandwidth.. No Cogent or HE here :)

All VPS's can be requested for a transfer to the new H/W once it's ready to be rolled out just open a ticket.

If you have any questions please feel free to email us: [email protected]

Manhattan, New York City - Budget VPS Hosting By Dedicated Minds Ltd

• Equal Share of CPU Cores (E3-1270v2 @ 3.5GHz)
  • RAID 10 Enterprise SATA Storage w/ LSI MegaRAID
  • 100 Mbps Node Connectivity - 1Gbps Coming Soon!
  • Easy to use, SolusVM VPS Control Panel
  • OpenVZ Virtualisation
  • Self-Managed Service
  • 99.99% Network Uptime -- Our Provider States 100%! We won't want to blow our own trumpet though :)
  • 15+ Linux Templates to choose from, we are adding more everyday!
  • 7 Day Money Back Guarantee!

All VPS's are currently utilizing OpenVZ & SolusVM with a number of templates to choose from, we're adding more as we go along with plans to be adding some of our very own custom templates to the selection. If you have a specific request please let us know we'll get it added straight away for you.

LIMITED TO 15 VPS'S ->> 1GB RAM Just $4.20 or less!

LEB VPS SPECIAL:

• 4 CPU Cores
  • 50GB RAID-10 Storage
  • 1024MB RAM / 2048MB vSwap
  • 1000GB Bandwidth
  • 100Mbit Network Port
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • OpenVZ / SolusVM
  • Hosted @ 100 William St, New York, NY (Lower Manhattan)

ORDER HERE | $4.20 Monthly | $11.30 Quarterly | $19.98 Semi-Annually |

How about a little bit more of everything for just $5.95?

Monster v1.5 Special:

• 4 CPU Cores
  • 70GB RAID-10 Storage
  • 1.5GB RAM / 3GB vSwap
  • 1250GB Bandwidth
  • 100Mbit Network Port
  • 2 IPv4 Address
  • OpenVZ / SolusVM

ORDER HERE | $7.00 Monthly! | $28.00 Semi-Annually! 15% OFF Coupon: VPSB15

A little something for private VPN's or a little bit of Development!

OVZ-128 DOUBLE UP SPECIAL

• 2 CPU Cores
  • 15GB RAID-10 Storage
  • 128MB RAM / 256MB vSwap -- DOUBLED! 256MB RAM/512MB vSwap
  • 200GB Bandwidth -- Doubled! 400GB
  • 100Mbit Network Port
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • OpenVZ / SolusVM

ORDER HERE | $9.00 Semi-Annually / $17.00 Yearly w/ coupon: VPSB15

cPanel/WHM Just $10.00/Monthly | 1x IPv4 address $1.50 /Monthly

We do not allow warez,spamming, illegal adult material, or anything which is deemed illegal in the United States. Minecraft is not allowed at this moment in time neither is anything which effect our other clients services.

Network Information:

Payment Methods: Paypal, Debit/Credit Card, UK Direct Debit, PerfectMoney, Bitcoin

If you have any questions please feel free to email us: [email protected]

Have a good day!

Reece

Comments

• Updated benchmark from our last one:

root@amber [~]# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
        CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 V2 @ 3.50GHz
        Number of cores : 4
        CPU frequency :  3500.050 MHz
        Total amount of ram : 1024 MB
        Total amount of swap : 1024 MB
        System uptime :   9:36,
        Download speed from CacheFly: 15.5MB/s
        Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 62.0MB/s
        Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 31.2MB/s
        Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 7.09MB/s
        Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 7.79MB/s
        Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 13.4MB/s
        Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 5.03MB/s
        Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 19.5MB/s
        Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 15.0MB/s
        Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 100MB/s
        I/O speed :  262 MB/s

Also we have a ServerBear Benchmark :http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/08/21/PumZZFzf3Xp4yK7Z which provides a much in-depth look at our performance :)

• RobJudRobJud Member
    edited September 2013

Just ordered the Monster v1.5

It's not 5.95 as advertised, it's $7.10, unless you pay 6 months, in which case it's 28.64 per 6 months (roughly 4.78 per month).

One thing to notice, after I made my payment via credit card (stripe), the page went to a 500 Internal server error page. However, I got the emails saying my order was recieved and I can log into the client area. In the client area my invoice had been marked as unpaid.

Just something for you guys to look at. That 500 server error page was kind of disconcerting.

Anyway, will update on the service soon.

edit*
    made a mistake, it was actually marked unpaid

• Update

I ended up using paypal to process instead, and the total came out to $29.66. I guess paypal uses a different conversion rate.

As soon as I made my payment, my vps was complete and although I didn't get any confirmation email from them, I was able to see my vps in the client area and log in using SSH. seems pretty good to me so far.

• Update 2

I asked for Debian 7 64-bit, but I was given CentOS 5.8

I'm hoping they can fix this soon.

• Hi Robjud,
    I am taking a look into those issues now, however the template issue was resolved via Ticket already I believe.

In regards the the exchanges, I'll update those they've changed over the past few days. I'll add the credit back onto your account.

Please let me know if there is anything else.

Reece

• @Reece:

Thanks. I appreciate it. Yes, the template issue was indeed solved via the Ticket, they solved it in about 20 min or so, but I had already left the office by then, and that's why I had not updated this thread. I like this company, I hope you guys the best. So far so good.

I did some quick tests before the template was changed to Debian and I downloaded the test file you posted in your other thread from ubiquity. I downloaded it to the server with wget. The speed was 11.2 M/s

However, when I download a random large file from my other VPS in buffalo, the speed is around 70 M / s

I wonder why it's like that?

Also another curious thing to note. When I download the test file from my home connection, it downloads at around 2 MB/s, which is super fast considering my connection is merely a 4-8 Mbps connection, generally. However, when I download a random large file (like a movie) from the same server (the random large file was downloaded from my buffalo server), then the speed becomes 600 KB/sec. I tried this multiple times before the template was changed to Debian, so I haven't tested it with Debian. I wonder if this is a CentOS/Apache thing?

• ReeceReece Member
    edited September 2013

@RobJud said:
    Reece:

Thanks. I appreciate it. Yes, the template issue was indeed solved via the Ticket, they solved it in about 20 min or so, but I had already left the office by then, and that's why I had not updated this thread. I like this company, I hope you guys the best. So far so good.

I did some quick tests before the template was changed to Debian and I downloaded the test file you posted in your other thread from ubiquity. I downloaded it to the server with wget. The speed was 11.2 M/s

However, when I download a random large file from my other VPS in buffalo, the speed is around 70 M / s

I wonder why it's like that?

Also another curious thing to note. When I download the test file from my home connection, it downloads at around 2 MB/s, which is super fast considering my connection is merely a 4-8 Mbps connection, generally. However, when I download a random large file (like a movie) from the same server (the random large file was downloaded from my buffalo server), then the speed becomes 600 KB/sec. I tried this multiple times before the template was changed to Debian, so I haven't tested it with Debian. I wonder if this is a CentOS/Apache thing?

@Robjud,

We'll take a look into that for you could you please open/reply to current ticket you have and we can take a look further.

Our port is still @ 100Mbps we haven't done the upgrade yet. With tests we had some rubbish connections to Buffalo at points so if you could provide all information and traceroutes to us at support we can get it looked into properly with our network.

Reece

• @Reece, please contact me via my email, or a support ticket and I would be happy to provide you with what you need. I am currently not advanced enough to know exactly what you require, but with your help, I would be happy to run whatever tests you want (It will increase my knowledge as well, which is why I am getting low end boxes to begin with)

• ReeceReece Member
    edited September 2013

@RobJud - Opened a ticket up. I look forward to hearing back from you!

We've got 6 slots left on the 1GB Promo for $4.20/Month.

Yearly 256MB VPS restocked again (4 Available)

Enjoy :)

• Only 5 Left in stock!

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Got the LEB VPS SPECIAL, VPS is great so far so good, and its actually NYC!

• Great to hear Alex!

All 1GB Plans are now out of stock.

We'll provide further updates with stock shortly.

Thank you everyone for your continued support.