Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[VERSION 2] Definitely-not-cPaneI DirectAdmin Skin / Custom CSS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[VERSION 2] Definitely-not-cPaneI DirectAdmin Skin / Custom CSS

vovlervovler Member
edited July 2021 in General

Version 1: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/172458/free-definitely-not-cpanei-directadmin-skin-custom-css

I made a few changes since a few days ago to make it look better, since v1 was well received and I have no reason to keep it for myself I'm posting it here.

Github: https://github.com/vovler/definitly-not-cpanel-directadmin-skin-css

How to install:

1) In DirectAdmin's admin settings, inside "Skin Manager", change the skin to Evolution
2) Using your favorite FTP/STFP program, go to "/usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/evolution/assets/"
3) Upload the css file and optionally the icons file (dont forget to clear cache if you upload the icons).
4) In DA's admin settings go to "Customize Evolution Skin"
5) At "External CSS URL" write "/assets/custom.css" and submit.
6) Optionally, change the logo to a logo with white background.
7) Optionally, in DA's admin settings, inside "Customize Evolution Skin" organize the Menu:User / Reseller / Admin to resemble cPanel's.
8) Optionally, remove all unecessary widgets except "WGT_USER/RESELLER/ADMIN_STATS" for a cleaner look in the right widget bar.

Stock Evolution skin:

Evolution skin w/ Definitely-not-cPaneI v2 + changed icons + menu organization

F.A.Q.:

Q) Is this mobile responsive?
A) Yes.

Q) Have you tested this in the reseller and admin panel?
A) Mostly not, 99% of the attention was spent at the regular user panel, including changing the color of user icons. Icons that are not displayed at the user panel have not been looked at, only color edited in bulk.

Q) Will you ever improve the reseller or admin panel look?
A) Eventually™. But you can fork this, improve it yourself and create a pull request.

Q) The widget bar lost some of it functionality, is it intended?
A) Yes. You can remove some of the display:none's to restore the funtionality that you want.

Q) Ewww. Your css code looks terrible.
A) Yes.

Comments

• desfiredesfire Member
    edited July 2021

Really good! Hopefully next version changes reseller/admin too. BTW, How do I change the icons?

• vovlervovler Member

@desfire said:
    Really good! Hopefully next version changes reseller/admin too. BTW, How do I change the icons?

Download: https://github.com/vovler/definitly-not-cpanel-directadmin-skin-css/blob/main/icons/modern.svg

Upload it to "/usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/evolution/assets/icons/"

Thanked by 1jamespeach
  • V_TV_T Member

Very interesting , I'll test this out soon 🤓

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2021

@MikePT not sure if we can do this ourselves, but if not can you add this one to the skins? :)

• @Ympker said:
    @MikePT not sure if we can do this ourselves, but if not can you add this one to the skins? :)

Should be on root level right?

Thanked by 2Ympker MikePT
  • LeonDynamicLeonDynamic Member
    edited July 2021

@Ympker said:

You won’t be able to add the icon file without adding to /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/evolution/assets/ but you can host the .css file and icons externally and then add the http link as the External CSS URL and change the image to the external location.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

Looking nice, thanks for sharing this with the community here. @vovler :)

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • vovlervovler Member

@WebHorizon said:

Looking nice, thanks for sharing this with the community here. @vovler :)

You're welcome :)
    You can change the icons if you want to as well, the logo so it doesn't match the dark background, and organize the menu to make it be a bit more similar.
    However those are all optional and in the end it's whatever flavor of ice-cream you prefer.

Thanked by 2jamespeach Abd
  • Thank you so much for this! I managed to get something similar to this working awhile back and accidently deleted it without any backups recently. I customized mine a bit and it looks better then ever.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Ympker said:

Sure. Allow me a few days. Can't break what is working!