Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High storage/bandwidth VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

High storage/bandwidth VPS

aiden1aiden1 Member
edited June 2021 in Requests

I want to replace my offline Perfume VPS. What's the most disk and bandwidth I can get for about $30/yr? 1TB? 2TB? Any real virt is fine, Ubuntu LTS or Debian latest. Paying with BTC.

I don't care about where it is, but no OVH/Hetzner/NL/DE/Online-net (already have).

Single home HE? Single home Cogent? YES, 100% OK!

Trash bandwidth? YES!

Low bandwidth in single thread? NO PROBLEM!

98% uptime? OK!

95% uptime? I hope it's much cheaper!!!

Ban adult? I don't care! There is no adult.

Ban piracy? I don't care! It is all legal files, seriously not torrenting or pirating here - bunch of 15-60GB files for ML/AI, checkpoints, etc.

This is explicitly not for cold storage uses, but ipynb/notebooks/python scripts will be downloading 15GB files hourly/daily.

Comments

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@aiden1 You can take a look at our Storage05TB or Storage1TB here: https://greenkvm.com

• MerlincoolMerlincool Member
    edited June 2021

You can get 1 TB vps @29.99 euros / year (sorry it's in euros as your expectations were in dollars though) from time4vps

Other one which I trust more is Liteserver.nl has 512 GB vps for 32 euros / year (drop a ticket and there will be some code available and would be offered to you)

Hostens vps but there you will have to pay for straight three years and you would get 512 GB vps for 30 dollars per year (Yes this is what is in your price range, but have to pay for three years straight)

Above three are reliable providers with Liteserver been more better than other two.

• Second ^ for Time4VPS, but I think the promo is only valid for 1 time, not recurring.

• @JerryHou said:
    Second ^ for Time4VPS, but I think the promo is only valid for 1 time, not recurring.

Yes that's right, I forgot to mention, anyways @aiden1 You will get some good offers on blackfriday or on some occasions, just stay in touch with lowendtalk.

• aiden1aiden1 Member

Thanks, but time4vps/hostens unless something has changed is VZ I think? Cannot run what I need.

I am fine paying 1-2-3 years though, and can flex budget a bit to 40-50 USD

@NDTN said: You can take a look at our Storage05TB or Storage1TB here:

Unfortunately too little bw

• @aiden1 said: time4vps/hostens unless something has changed is VZ I think?

What are you running anyway that needs OpenVZ? Docker containers with ipynb notebooks?

• aiden1aiden1 Member

it is all infrastructure-as-code style, docker, networked mounts, iptables/nftables rules, does not work well if at all on ovz (even 7 only half works)

• @aiden1 said:
    Thanks, but time4vps/hostens unless something has changed is VZ I think? Cannot run what I need.

You can vouch for liteserver.nl, what I told you is KVM storage vps. Also provides 10 TB bandwidth.

Or other way is to get https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/169062/buyvm-slabs-arrive-in-luxembourg-ryzen-free-snapshots-free-routed-48-ip-load-balancing-oh-my/p1 and add slab to it but that would cost you near 5 dollars per month and which I think is off your budget.

Other one which is obviously better is Racknerd, but the disk space with that price range would be not more than 30-40 gb per year.

As your requirement of space and type of vps is different, I bet it's hard to find one with that price range and specs you need (High space and high bandwidth)

Can you specify what is your bandwidth limits so it would be easier to categorise vps for you.

Also you can look at Contabo vps but again price and your specs are off radar.

• aiden1aiden1 Member

Will give liteserver a look. I'm lokoing about 1TB disk : 10TB BW ratio. Already using racknerd.

• @aiden1 said:
    Will give liteserver a look. I'm lokoing about 1TB disk : 10TB BW ratio. Already using racknerd.

Ask the nerd to double your BW

• aiden1aiden1 Member

Not much in the 1TB/10TB range if I even increase to $5/m paid annually? That's already more than 10x what Perfume VPS cost.

Thanked by 1Arirang
  • DevilDevil Member

You can vouch for liteserver.nl, what I told you is KVM storage vps. Also provides 10 TB bandwidth.

LiteServer is solid!

The 500GB storage at that prices pinches a little but then if you are services are even little critical/important they are the ones you want to go with.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@aiden1 said:
    Not much in the 1TB/10TB range if I even increase to $5/m paid annually? That's already more than 10x what Perfume VPS cost.

https://nexusbytes.com/storage-vps @seriesn 1:5 ratio 1TB/5TB

• hemelohemelo Member

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/172073/kvm-vps-in-san-jose-ca-25-off-big-surprize-inside
    They have multiple locations, you can get 2TB bandwidth with less than $30/year

• @aiden1 said: Single home HE? Single home Cogent? YES, 100% OK!
    Trash bandwidth? YES!
    Low bandwidth in single thread? NO PROBLEM!
    98% uptime? OK!

Oh boy do i have something for you:

https://www.fdcservers.net/

• aiden1aiden1 Member

@William said: Oh boy do i have something for you:

The cheapst I can find is 1tb disk for $40/m, all the VPS is SSD with 10GB disk :(

• aiden1aiden1 Member

wow, FDC cheapest colo plan is $200/m minimum... and it is supposed to be budget pure cogent?

• I have some of these:

https://orders.fdcservers.net/order/plan/822

1Gbit unmetered @ 10G shared + 1TB Storage for 40$/Mo

Pure Cogent and choice of a bunch of rather rare locations (Spain, Austria, Canada). 200-400TB/mo no issue.

It's not the cheapest but with 5 IPs and the unmetered 10G it is fairly solid.

• aiden1aiden1 Member

@William said: It's not the cheapest but with 5 IPs and the unmetered 10G it is fairly solid.

do you know whether the 10G is actually limited to 10G in 1G out? or can i use more than 1G out sometimes shared?

• It is burstable.

• @William said:
    I have some of these:

https://orders.fdcservers.net/order/plan/822

1Gbit unmetered @ 10G shared + 1TB Storage for 40$/Mo

Pure Cogent and choice of a bunch of rather rare locations (Spain, Austria, Canada). 200-400TB/mo no issue.

It's not the cheapest but with 5 IPs and the unmetered 10G it is fairly solid.

He asked for $30/year and you responded with $40/month. I don't know why he even responded, but shit like that will just ruin request threads when the end result is nothing like requested.

• @Merlincool said:
    You can get 1 TB vps @29.99 euros / year (sorry it's in euros as your expectations were in dollars though) from time4vps

Other one which I trust more is Liteserver.nl has 512 GB vps for 32 euros / year (drop a ticket and there will be some code available and would be offered to you)

Hostens vps but there you will have to pay for straight three years and you would get 512 GB vps for 30 dollars per year (Yes this is what is in your price range, but have to pay for three years straight)

Above three are reliable providers with Liteserver been more better than other two.

Where to give the ticket

• @coolgoole said:

@Merlincool said:

Where to give the ticket

To Liteserver sales team.