Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlphaVPS - Fast, Reliable & Production-ready EPYC KVM in Europe | Storage VPS back in stock!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlphaVPS - Fast, Reliable & Production-ready EPYC KVM in Europe | Storage VPS back in stock!

AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

AlphaVPS

AlphaVPS is a leading IaaS provider in Europe, offering Premium Cloud VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Connectivity, and custom solutions out of 5 worldwide locations. Operating since 2013 and based out of Europe. Our offices are located in Sofia, Bulgaria. We are staffed around the clock and our team is fully in-house with zero outsourcing. We run our network under AS203380, own our hardware and our Sofia office is located inside the Telepoint DataCenter in our flagship Sofia location, just above our equipment.

We're very happy to announce our updated range (Gen 2) of KVM VPS, based on AMD EPYC CPUs, DDR4 ECC memory, and blazing fast enterprise NVMe arrays, built for production use!

AlphaVPS

*An actual photo of a new build

AlphaVPS will be deploying new server infrastructure, based on the AMD EPYC 7002 and 7003 server platform in all of our locations throughout the following months and gradually adding Gen2 stock per each location we upgrade!

Germany is now live, in addition to Bulgaria!

If you're looking for a RELIABLE and FAST, Production-ready VPS, don't wait until it's too late!

EPYC-2G
2GB DDR4 ECC RAM
10GB NVMe Storage
1x vCPU @ 3.0Ghz+ core (AMD EPYC)
1TB of Bandwidth
1x IPv4 + /64 native IPv6
KVM virtualization
€3.99/month
ORDER NOW!

EPYC-4G
4GB DDR4 ECC RAM
25GB NVMe Storage
1x vCPU @ 3.0Ghz+ core (AMD EPYC)
2TB of Bandwidth
1x IPv4 + /64 native IPv6
KVM virtualization
€4.99/month
ORDER NOW!

Larger plans are available over HERE!
Hint: EPYC-8G Plan is the best value!

We also have some amazing storage KVM plans for your backups! Based on RAID60 HDD arrays.

512MB RAM - 128GB HDD - 1x vCPU - 0.5TB Bandwidth - 15€/year - ORDER NOW
768MB RAM - 256GB HDD - 1x vCPU - 1TB Bandwidth - 25€/year - ORDER NOW
1GB RAM - 512GB HDD - 2x vCPU - 1.5TB Bandwidth - 3.5€/month - ORDER NOW
2GB RAM - 1TB HDD - 2x vCPU - 3TB Bandwidth - 5€/month - ORDER NOW

Dedicated servers, available in Sofia, Bulgaria

Dual Intel Xeon L5630 - 16GB DDR3 ECC - 128GB SSD - 10TB BW - 30.00EUR/m - ORDER NOW
Dual Intel Xeon L5630 - 16GB DDR3 ECC - 1TB HDD - 10TB BW - 30.00EUR/m - ORDER NOW

Dual Intel Xeon E5-2630L - 16GB DDR3 ECC - 1TB HDD - 10TB BW - 40.00EUR/m - ORDER NOW
Dual Intel Xeon E5-2630L - 16GB DDR3 ECC - 240GB SSD - 10TB BW - 40.00EUR/m - ORDER NOW

Dual Intel Xeon E5-2450L - 16GB DDR3 ECC - 1TB HDD - 10TB BW - 40.00EUR/m - ORDER NOW
Dual Intel Xeon E5-2450L - 16GB DDR3 ECC - 240GB SSD - 10TB BW - 40.00EUR/m - ORDER NOW

Dual Intel Xeon E5-2650 - 16GB DDR3 ECC - 500GB SSD - 10TB BW - 59.00EUR/m - ORDER NOW
Dual Intel Xeon E5-2650 - 16GB DDR3 ECC - 3TB HDD - 10TB BW - 59.00EUR/m - ORDER NOW

We offer an intuitive control panel for all dedicated servers, with easy access to Boot/Shutdown/Restart and Reinstall, along with network usage graphs!

Network information:
Sofia, Bulgaria - 79.124.7.8 - http://lgbg.alphavps.com/
Nuremberg, Germany - 194.35.12.68 - http://lgde.alphavps.com/

We run an enterprise network, based on fully redundant Juniper MX and Juniper QFX network equipment.

Comments

• YinHeYinHe Member

AMD YES!

Thanked by 2VRT QQQ
  • Any deals on your Cheap VPS line? :)

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited June 2021

@YinHe said:
    AMD YES!

YES indeed!

@aaronstuder said:
    Any deals on your Cheap VPS line? :)

Unfortunately, nothing at the moment. We're nearly out of stock of the cheap VPS line as well. In reality, the new high-performance VPS are a tiny bit more expensive and offer much higher performance.

We've just updated our site with some additional information as well: https://alphavps.com/high-performance-vps.html

• Will there be some insane deals at this year's BF like last one?

And any promotion about UK VPS ?

• Vouch for @AlexBarakov and his company.
    Amazing guy!

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited June 2021

@amadex1337 said: Vouch for @AlexBarakov and his company.

Don't think he needs you to vouch for them, he already has a successful business.

• furkeyfurkey Member

Any yabs output?

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited June 2021

Hey @AlexBarakov hate to bug you here, but I wanted to just ask this here to re-enforce how long this has being going on for me. I am a long time customer and have a yearly server in Bulgaria, service for the most part has been great... except for one thing... I don't know what is going on with the node you have me on but the thing is being rebooted a lot more regularly than would be expected and this has an impact on my service uptime, even if things do immediately come back online as my services take manual intervention to bring back online. Is this a known issue by your guys with the node or nodes there? Do you have a planed resolution for this long term?

Thanks for your time in review.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1lanefu

@Murata_Chink_Best said:
    Will there be some insane deals at this year's BF like last one?

And any promotion about UK VPS ?

It's too early to tell. We usually prepare good offers for every black friday, although very limited once.

@TheLinuxBug - please open a ticket so we can investigate further. We currently have an issue with one of our Germany nodes, I assume that's what it's related to but in all cases - these type of requests should go via a ticket, so it is properly handled.

• Are these cores dedicated cores?

• KassemKassem Member

@JasperNL Dedicated vCPU core for 4 EUR/mo.? don't think that's possible to offer for that price.

edited June 2021

@AlexBarakov said: @TheLinuxBug - please open a ticket so we can investigate further. We currently have an issue with one of our Germany nodes, I assume that's what it's related to but in all cases - these type of requests should go via a ticket, so it is properly handled.

Here is the thing, you are rebooting the node roughly every 20-30 days without any notice to customers. The server is in Bulgaria as I mentioned. The last time it was rebooted was 20 days ago, I didn't even bother bringing it up as I was just fed up with it (I just now did to see how long it had been sitting there). I have ticketed, in fact had done so each time it happened for a while and was told there is some issue with the node and you expected it to be fixed. Though it isn't fixed. It doesn't seem like it will be fixed and now I am stuck in this loop where I bring up the server, 15-20 days later it reboots, I ticket asking why it was rebooted, given excuse, bring it back up, 15-20 days later it reboots... so on and so forth.

My guess would be you know what node this is and that there is a problem.

My question is, when will this actually get resolved instead of having to go through this continuous loop where nothing changes?

Thanks for your time in reply.

Cheers!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@TheLinuxBug said:
    you are rebooting the node roughly every 20-30 days without any notice to customers.

Rebooting the host server is normal, as the provider should patch their kernel monthly.
    Premium providers would live migrate virtual machines to another host server before rebooting.

@TheLinuxBug said:
    this has an impact on my service uptime, even if things do immediately come back online as my services take manual intervention to bring back online.

Blame your crappy code.

edited June 2021

@yoursunny said: Rebooting the host server is normal, as the provider should patch their kernel monthly.
    Premium providers would live migrate virtual machines to another host server before rebooting.

What are you smoking? No it isn't and for sure not without notifying your customers. If your hosts do that, you are using the wrong hosts. Period.

Maybe moving them to different nodes and bouncing them, sure, but not just random reboots with no notification.

Code? Has nothing to do with code. Maybe stop talking out your ass.

Cheers!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited June 2021

@TheLinuxBug said:

@yoursunny said: ebooting the host server is normal, as the provider should patch their kernel monthly.

What are you smoking?

I'm smoking vehicle exhaust.

No it isn't and for sure not without notifying your customers.

I used to be a provider for students in computer networking class.
    I reboot the host machine at 6am when students are sleeping, except the 3 days before an assignment is due.

No notifications as I don't have access to course management system.
    Nobody ever complained.

If your hosts do that, you are using the wrong hosts. Period.

The only VPS that got rebooted randomly is the EUserv VS2-free.

Maybe moving them to different nodes and bouncing them, sure, but not just random reboots with no notification.

Yes, many premium providers have live migration.

Code? Has nothing to do with code.

It's definitely crappy code if it requires "manual intervention" to come online.

Maybe stop talking out your ass.

I don't have one.

Cheers!

🍻

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited June 2021

@yoursunny Most of us aren't using some distributed cluster of nodes to survive reboots. This is LowEndTalk, and we can't usually afford the downtime of a reboot unless planned or notified beforehand.

edited June 2021

@yoursunny

You do realize I work for a larger host my self and am intimately aware of how this stuff works right?

Problem is you didn't read.

I specifically stated they know there are issues with the node (read: hardware issues) and they have stated as much in ticket to me, yet nothing has changed, so the issue repeats.

Additionally, I use an encrypted file system, like any intelligent person would do whom respects their own privacy, which requires entering a password to start the server. The "code" works fine, though obviously your eyes do not.

Any provider worth their salt will notify their customers about regular maintenance, and I believe Alphavps has done that as well, problem being, this is NOT regular maintenance that is occurring.

So again, stop talking out your ass about shit you don't even take the time to read.

I expect @AlexBarakov knows to what I am referring anyways, so you didn't need to jump in and 'defend' him or whatever this is.

Cheers!

• KassemKassem Member

@TheLinuxBug

Putting aside the server reboots issue.

It would be a good idea anyway to try to figure out a way to avoid manual intervention for your services to start on its own and survive reboots if possible at all. I mean, it's peace of mind. :)

Ideally during maintenance as in rebooting the host machine for any reason, a simple email notification to affected clients would be good before doing it or in case of emergencies, a notification after the fact is also good and keeping: status.providerdomain.com updated.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
    edited June 2021

@TheLinuxBug As already mentioned - this is not our help desk. Should you be looking to get a real answer, feel free to open a ticket and PM me the ticket ID. I will take a look through the node history and be able to offer you a better response and resolution. Be it an ETA or something else. We have a ton of nodes, as you said you work for a big provider, I am sure you know what the procedure of asking for an update is. In all cases, you won't get an adequate answer in a public forum.

Edit: Sent a PM requesting a way to identify the account, so I can take a further look.