Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inception Hosting UK+NL NVMe KVM - 25% discount on all plans! (and free stuff) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Inception Hosting UK+NL NVMe KVM - 25% discount on all plans! (and free stuff)

2»

Comments

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Member, Patron Provider

@thedp said:
    To be honest, I really don't mind providers having exclusive offers for their "home ground", e.g., MXroute exclusive on HT, InceptionHosting exclusive on LES and RackNerd exclusive on LET.

It's the providers call on what they'd like to offer, how it's offered, and where it's posted, as long as it doesn't go against any rules.

Indeed, additionally, there is a good reason that the other offer was posted for limited numbers on LES 2 days earlier and it was not to pitch one against the other but ho hum, I can understand why it was seen that way in some peoples eyes.

There are however rules against crapping on offer posts here, I know that as I believe I wrote them :) maybe it was @jar I honestly don't remember now.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@jsg said:

@InceptionHosting said:

@jsg said: If you want to do promos here then be sure to offer us no less than what you offer to others.

I don't see that in the rules or an admin or mod tag by your name so... opinion noted.

The rules are not relevant wrt us, the potential customers, buying - or hopefully not - from such an arrogant and heinous operation.

@all

Call to boycott

As everyone can see, AnthonySmith, the guy who tried to poison and bleed our community dry, still is playing his ugly games and still operates against our LET community, e.g. by offering considerably less attractive promos to us. And when called out he reacts with what is a hardly disguised arrogant "f_ck you".
    Sadly @Clouvider seems to tolerate AnthonySmiths private war against LET infesting his(?) company too.

seems a bit bold coming from you... what happened to:

did someone with a wallet get to you eventually? or are you just butthurt much over something?

• xetsysxetsys Member
    edited May 2021

`# Yet-Another-Bench-Script #

v2020-12-29

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Sat 15 May 02:12:39 CST 2021

Basic System Information:

Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2276G CPU @ 3.80GHz
    CPU cores : 2 @ 3792.000 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 980.6 MiB
    Swap : 2.0 GiB
    Disk : 19.6 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 175.26 MB/s (43.8k) 1.02 GB/s (15.9k)
    Write 175.72 MB/s (43.9k) 1.02 GB/s (16.0k)
    Total 350.98 MB/s (87.7k) 2.05 GB/s (32.0k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 1.21 GB/s (2.3k) 1.32 GB/s (1.2k)
    Write 1.27 GB/s (2.4k) 1.41 GB/s (1.3k)
    Total 2.49 GB/s (4.8k) 2.74 GB/s (2.6k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 939 Mbits/sec | 939 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 938 Mbits/sec | 925 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | busy | busy
    Biznet | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G) | 760 Mbits/sec | 172 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 901 Mbits/sec | 438 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 858 Mbits/sec | 435 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 845 Mbits/sec | 150 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom | Sao Paulo, BR (2G) | 807 Mbits/sec | 287 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 907 Mbits/sec | 894 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 864 Mbits/sec | 486 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | busy | busy
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 691 Mbits/sec | 144 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 563 Mbits/sec | 40.3 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 1117
    Multi Core | 1862
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/7895803

`

Thanked by 2Lee FrankZ
  • :popcorn:

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited May 2021

@Falzo said:
    seems a bit bold coming from you... what happened to:

(some image)

did someone with a wallet get to you eventually? or are you just butthurt much over something?

(a) if you want to discuss provide a link and not some image
    (b) "butthurt"? That guy tried to bleed our community dry for his own "competitive" community.I don't feel hurt though, partly because he largely failed; quite the contrary I feel happy because thanks to @jbiloh and the LET team we are even stronger than before and that other thingy is but a smelly side note. I did and do not forget however the heinous attempt by AnthonySmith to kill our community.
    (c) Re Clouvider, who always behaved correctly and whose company I valued, I'm a bit worried though as it seems to be poisoned by AnthonySmith. Just one example: Formertimes I would have thought it impossible that Clouvider would respond without tagging the other side; now however he did just that (not at all gentleman) - just like AnthonySmith (from whom I did not expect better).
    (d) I consider it extremely generous from jbiloh to tolerate the guy who tried to bleed our community dry and from a halfway decent person I'd expect a more appreciative attitude than AnthonySmith's continuing dirty games and arrogance
    (e) That said I lead no private war against him; as far as I'm concerned I wish his company well. What I do not take lightly though is his shadowy activity and behaviour here.

"Why, oh why did you sting me?" asked the frog. "Because that's what scorpions do" responded the scorpion.

• LeeLee Veteran

Haha, what a bellend.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2021

I would have thought that while gunning so hard after Clouvider you would have a subscription on the thread. Apologies for not tagging, that was in no way aimed to insult (?) you, you might read anything you want into it however. This sort of conversation is simply disappointing for me on so many levels.

Anthony is an immensely positive addition to the team here at Clouvider. One of the most hardworking people I know and I don’t take these kinds of attacks on our business or personal lightly.

I’m not going to entertain any further discussion on the matter. Signing off, Dom

Thanked by 2lentro iKeyZ
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@jsg said: if you want to discuss provide a link and not some image

you act like a turncoat and obviously don't like being reminded. all you can answer to that is asking for a link? go search your writings yourself moron.

and by the way, you should be banned. there are simple rules in this forum, le me quote them for you:

Don’t be a dick.

Do unto others. Don't do things that decades of netiquette have shown to be offensive. Don't be That Guy. Don't break the rules. When in doubt, don't.

You are a dick. you came here as the offensive one and pissed on decades of netiquette more than once. you are that guy. you broke the rules. without doubt.

Provoking ex staff that no longer have elevated rights here is cowardly and will not be tolerated, this is an instant ban offence.

yeah, ex staff, provoking. here you go...

If you see an offer that is not right for you for some reason just move on, not everything will fit your individual needs and it may be a great offer for someone else, it is not your place to trash hosts offers.

offer from a provider you'd never buy from. yet here you are talking trash...

no, I am not providing another link. go read the rules yourself.

@raindog308 @hzr sorry, but isn't it enough then?

edited May 2021

@Clouvider said:
    Apologies for not tagging, that was in no way aimed to insult (?) you

Noted and apology accepted.

Anthony is an immensely positive addition to the team here at Clouvider. One of the most hardworking people I know and I don’t take these kinds of attacks on our business or personal lightly.

Attacks? I'm merely saying what he actually did.

@Falzo said:
    ... all you can answer to that is asking for a link? go search your writings yourself moron.

And you want to complain about (allegedly) bad behaviour? Hahaha. (Note that I do not personally attack and insult you)

Re you unhappy with my answer, as I said, if you want an answer provide a link.

As for the rest, no comment deserved. Have a nice weekend.

• notarobonotarobo Member
    edited May 2021

@jsg said:

@Clouvider said:
    Apologies for not tagging, that was in no way aimed to insult (?) you

Noted and apology accepted.

Attacks? I'm merely saying what he actually did.

@Falzo said:
    ... all you can answer to that is asking for a link? go search your writings yourself moron.

And you want to complain about (allegedly) bad behaviour? Hahaha. (Note that I do not personally attack and insult you)

Re you unhappy with my answer, as I said, if you want an answer provide a link.

As for the rest, no comment deserved. Have a nice weekend.

your so whiny.

it's not a personal attack. it's a fact. don't ask for proof. proof is your last 500posts.

have a nice weekend too.

• @jsg said: I feel happy because thanks to @jbiloh and the LET team we are even stronger than before

Seems like someone else also got invited to be a paid full time CC-RN supporter.

Offers are still great by the way, hope you are all doing well.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

@jsg said: I feel happy because thanks to @jbiloh and the LET team we are even stronger than before

Seems like someone else also got invited to be a paid full time CC-RN supporter.

Glad you are enjoying all of our latest initiatives and improvements. Thanks for being part of our community.

• ^ Very diplomatic and not confirming either way. :|

Thanked by 1lentro
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Already customer, any plan to include block storage thing like buyvm ?

edited May 2021

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

@jsg said: I feel happy because thanks to @jbiloh and the LET team we are even stronger than before

I'm not in any way employed by @jbiloh or LET/LEB.

And back then lots of LET users went to the other community based on bleeding LET dry, so it almost worked. Gladly though jbiloh happened to buy LET/LEB and he not only took a lot of beatings and (back then understandable) mistrust but he always stayed constructive, pumped some money and lots of work into our community and slowly but successfully brought our community back to a leading position. And all he asked for from us was a fair chance (which not everyone granted him ...).
    Plus he managed to not only keep the admin & mod team but to even inspire and empower them. Just look at @raindog308 for instance and what he created and pulled off for us.

So, Yes, I appreciate their efforts, patience, ideas, and work. In my world one shows gratitude and appreciates good work for a common cause (like a community); if my gratitude and respect for jbiloh and the admin & mod team makes some around here think that I'm jbiloh's (or raindog308's or ...) dog or a payed opinion whore then so be it, I don't care, just like I don't care about woke noise.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2021

@jsg said: a payed opinion whore

Nobody believes even @Jbiloh would actually pay you for your nonsense comments.

@jsg said: Just look at @raindog308 for instance and what he created and pulled off for us.

There is no way he is not getting paid.

At some point, you will start to understand nobody cares about your opinions.

Thanked by 1vimalware

@Lee said:

@jsg said: a payed opinion whore

Nobody believes even @Jbiloh would actually pay you for your nonsense comments.

@jsg said: Just look at @raindog308 for instance and what he created and pulled off for us.

There is no way he is not getting paid.

At some point, you will start to understand nobody cares about your opinions.

What a surprise that a known AnthonySmith fan and jsg hater tries to attack me!

As for @raindog308 the point isn't whether he is payed or not, the point is all his good (for the community) work.
    And even if @jbiloh did pay some people for their work, so what? As you seem to not yet have noticed it, paying people for (especially for good) work isn't a new or questionable concept but the very basis the economy and the society rest upon, duh.

But thanks anyway for trying to attack me personally. I'd only be worried if someone like you did like me. Have a nice weekend.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2021

@jsg said: But thanks anyway for trying to attack me personally.

And there it is right on cue, everyone sees it, but you. CAYB!! :)

• serv_eeserv_ee Member

@jsg Not sure what point are you trying to make here? That other green forum was up way way before Clouvider bought Inception. Not sure why are you trying to trash them now? Business is business.

Thanked by 1Lee

@Lee

I'm hurt, I'm crying, you broke me ...

@serv_ee said:
    @jsg Not sure what point are you trying to make here? That other green forum was up way way before Clouvider bought Inception. Not sure why are you trying to trash them now? Business is business.

I know. I mentioned @Clouvider only for two reasons, one of which is settled (just a misunderstanding and I accepted his apology) and the other one is that they might get "poisoned" too by AnthonySmith.

And I'm not trying to trash anyone. I'm simply not forgetting what AnthonySmith did; he tried to bleed LET dry and to siphon the users off for his own me too community. And he almost succeeded.

I btw. even clearly said (in their last promo thread) that their product was/is very good, so I'm provably not trying to trash the company. My point is about the person who behaved so heinously that I'll never forget or forgive it.

I am proud to have been able to pay those who have dedicated their time and efforts to help improve our community. To not pay would be abusive.

• @jbiloh said: I am proud to have been able to pay those who have dedicated their time and efforts to help improve our community. To not pay would be abusive.

Thanks for your comment, now you can go back to your office and think about your next CrackNerd promotion to sell off the remaining CC stock.

• LeeLee Veteran

@jbiloh said: I am proud to have been able to pay those who have dedicated their time and efforts to help improve our community. To not pay would be abusive.

And we can agree on that, for me, it removes the historically beneficial position of having independent admins who were not driven in a particular direction by being on the payroll. But, people work harder for you when you pay.

@Lee said:

@jbiloh said: I am proud to have been able to pay those who have dedicated their time and efforts to help improve our community. To not pay would be abusive.

And we can agree on that, for me, it removes the historically beneficial position of having independent admins who were not driven in a particular direction by being on the payroll. But, people work harder for you when you pay.

Maintaining our community takes a huge amount of time. Asking one or multiple people to do that for free is not fair or realistic.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Member, Patron Provider

Well, this 'offer' thread sure did get derailed fast.

I guess if none of the rules are being enforced, it is ok to post offers over $7 as well @jbiloh @trewq @FAT32 ?

Thanked by 1lentro
  • LeeLee Veteran

@InceptionHosting said: Well, this 'offer' thread sure did get derailed fast.

That makes it a successful sales thread though right? More sales than had it not been derailed.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@InceptionHosting said:
    I guess if none of the rules are being enforced, it is ok to post offers over $7 as well ?

Yes, please make a 999 special for @TimboJones 's purchase bot.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Guess this thread needs to be tidied.

• Is raindog a naval person, as depicted by jsg? /sarcasm (see sig.)

Thanked by 1Lee
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited May 2021

@jbiloh said:
    I am proud to have been able to pay those who have dedicated their time and efforts to help improve our community. To not pay would be abusive.

which is your right too and for me I am totally fine with having paid admins/mods/employees.
    I respect the admins and mods here for their work and efforts they put in. and I agree that @raindog308 does a great job in nurturing the whole thing - regardless if one likes LEB and you owning it or not.

just to be clear: I did not come here to p*ss on your parade nor was my 'wallet' comment meant to question your marketing/budget decisions (especially in regards to @raindog308 position). I am sorry if that now puts him under pressure, that wasn't my intention.
    I fully agree that good work needs to be paid. but in a community like this you ideally want to be very transparent about it.

what I am not okay with though is the idea that some random member who knows not even half the history of this place nor it's people, is throwing sh*t in a providers offer thread against an employee of that (accepated) provider and ex staff here.
    and that even after two an half years ago where he was mouths full of the same tirades against LEB and obviously did not think about that part as 'our community' back then. what a turncoat - the wallet thing was rather rhethorical as one has to wonder, what changed his mind.

I guess you stepped in early here because you are a smart guy and saw where this would go. you want to shield your admins, which is good too.
    however Ant above has a point about enforcing rules, so maybe think about a moment. this is actually a bit of your weak point and always has been - reverting or overruling admin decisions on bans/provider tags/enforcing community rules.

and this in the end leads to discussions like this about the neutrality or objectivity one would hope for to find in admins or moderators. it some times can't be trusted here because there is always a chance of rules not being enforced for unclear reasons.

however. you are the boss, so let's make this absolutely clear: are you enforcing the forum rules on jsg or not, I wrote above which one I consider to be broken by him. and by the way, if you want to consider 'our communities' judgement in your decision maybe look at the thanks/likes given in all of the context.

I'd appreciate a clear yes or no answer ;-)

This discussion has been closed.