Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VOTED #1 LET TOP PROVIDER! RackNerd, LLC -- cPanel Shared Hosting + Reseller Hosting - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VOTED #1 LET TOP PROVIDER! RackNerd, LLC -- cPanel Shared Hosting + Reseller Hosting

124»

Comments

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@licher70 said:

@dustinc said:

@licher70 said:

@dustinc said:

@licher70 said:
    @dustinc

bought one, can I I change the main domain. the delete option is not there

I prefer to have a subdomain

Hello - sure thing! If you haven't already, just open a support ticket and we'll assist. We're here 24x7.

that will be great, thanks a lot :)

Order Number: 6919101278

double BW please

Hi @licher70 -- appreciate you growing with RackNerd! Happy to see that you have multiple services with us.

We've doubled your bandwidth. Thank You!

Thank you and had to say the support is great... opened 2 tickets and both got resolved in 5 minutes

Hi @licher70 -- that's awesome! Happy to hear this - our team does their very best to reply quickly, and assist wherever possible.

Happy you're with us 👊

@gapper said:
    30gb reseller is available with directadmin? the 20 domains limit of cpanel is a bit low for me

Hi @gapper -- at this time we do not promote DirectAdmin for shared/reseller hosting. We are still able to offer competitive, and reliable service with cPanel/WHM (which has resulted in great conversions for us as a company).

There just isn't enough demand for DirectAdmin in our opinion. Our customers are much more familiar with cPanel/WHM thus allowing a seamless migration. Most importantly a control panel they're familiar and happy with.

If you like what you see, and simply need more accounts to support your business needs, please email me [email protected] - I can discuss the options with you. It is our goal to work with you 👊

• do you have any shared servers near India?

• mansoormansoor Member
    edited April 2021

Hi @dustinc, if someone has a reseller hosting 80GB plan and some of the customers want extra speed (finding current websites to be a little slow), what VPS would u recomend so that all 20 customers who are on 80GB reseller can be moved to the VPS and they can notice 2x the speed.

Hi @forgottennoob -- we don't have any servers near India at this time, though we've seen that many within that region enjoy our services in Los Angeles (latency/connectivity) might be OK with you too.

Los Angeles is where our shared servers are deployed at this current time. Here's test IPs/files: http://lg-lax02.racknerd.com/

I hope this works for you.

@mansoor said:
    Hi @dustinc, if someone has a reseller hosting 80GB plan and some of the customers want extra speed (finding current websites to be a little slow), what VPS would u recomend so that all 20 customers who are on 80GB reseller can be moved to the VPS and they can notice 2x the speed.

Hi @mansoor -- For this, I'd recommend a Ryzen KVM VPS powered by NVMe SSD storage - see here for the Ryzen VPS specials: https://my.racknerd.com/index.php?rp=/store/ryzen-vps-specials-w-nvme - this would provide a nice combination of fast processing and disk I/O performance. You could look into putting the sites behind CloudFlare to further enhance load times to the end-user as well, as CloudFlare would serve the content from the closest edge datacenter location to the end-user.

To save some costs on control panel licensing (entirely up to you) you could consider utilizing a free control panel such as CyberPanel, which has come a long way and is powered by Open Litespeed. Watch this video to learn how to install CyberPanel on a CentOS based VPS (very simple and easy):

I'm here to help any way I can, so feel free to reach out at anytime [email protected]

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @dustinc said:
    Hi @forgottennoob -- we don't have any servers near India at this time, though we've seen that many within that region enjoy our services in Los Angeles (latency/connectivity) might be OK with you too.

Los Angeles is where our shared servers are deployed at this current time. Here's test IPs/files: http://lg-lax02.racknerd.com/

Oh okay. What about Amsterdam? Does it have shared hosting too with the same offer?

• any other recommended free control panel? cyberpanel does not word with debian 10.

• jcarlo9jcarlo9 Barred

@hyperblast said:
    any other recommended free control panel? cyberpanel does not word with debian 10.

KeyHelp

Thanked by 2hyperblast PandoGulf
  • i know keyhelp already. some more ideas?

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited May 2021

@MisterChew said: How is Racknerds shared hosting compared to Buyshared?

The TTFB of Racknerd is far less (means quick loading of php/html pages) than Buyshared. With Racknerd I didn't find any "white-blank-screen" for few milliseconds to 1 second before the page load, and thus page loads quickly. The uptime is far better than buyshared. Also racknerd has more premium network like GTT, NTT, CenturyLink, Cogent, etc. Buyshared only has Hurrican Electric. My traceroute from home does shows that it connects via NTT most of the times to their LA location.

Lately they did have more than 150% CPU usage and Dustin had explained why it happens as there are few reasons behind it. Due to the heavy CPU load I did find my WP-ADMIN pages to load bit slow, though public-facing Site was not seem to be affected due to full-page caching. But it seems they fixed the CPU issue (It pop ups once a while to be frank: Its normally between 3 CPU load to 7 and thats OK, but sometimes it goes 14, 15 and beyond).

For support, both seem fast, friendly and solve issues quickly.

So performance-wise I would say Racknerd is 2 step ahead than buyshared. And given the price point (I paid same $$ for double disk space and cPanel)

racknerd uses E3 with 3.5GHz speed, 3.90 with turbo
    buyshared used ryzen with 3.8GHz speed and 4+ with turbo boost

racknerd i/o speed is 80MB/s (which means quick reads of data from disk)
    buyshared was 25MB/s

racknerd mySQL Max. concurrent connections: 152
    buyshared 4000

rackned has more EP and NPROC, something 200.
    CPU and RAM, both have 1 each ONLY.
    Though buyshared offered more RAM, 1.5 for higher plans.

BTW buyshared is defunct service now. No new sales happening

Thanked by 1DreamCaster

@JasonM said:

@MisterChew said: How is Racknerds shared hosting compared to Buyshared?

The TTFB of Racknerd is far less (means quick loading of php/html pages) than Buyshared. With Racknerd I didn't find any "white-blank-screen" for few milliseconds to 1 second before the page load, and thus page loads quickly. The uptime is far better than buyshared. Also racknerd has more premium network like GTT, NTT, CenturyLink, Cogent, etc. Buyshared only has Hurrican Electric. My traceroute from home does shows that it connects via NTT most of the times to their LA location.

Lately they did have more than 150% CPU usage and Dustin had explained why it happens as there are few reasons behind it. Due to the heavy CPU load I did find my WP-ADMIN pages to load bit slow, though public-facing Site was not seem to be affected due to full-page caching. But it seems they fixed the CPU issue (It pop ups once a while to be frank: Its normally between 3 CPU load to 7 and thats OK, but sometimes it goes 14, 15 and beyond).

For support, both seem fast, friendly and solve issues quickly.

So performance-wise I would say Racknerd is 2 step ahead than buyshared. And given the price point (I paid same $$ for double disk space and cPanel)

racknerd uses E3 with 3.5GHz speed, 3.90 with turbo
    buyshared used ryzen with 3.8GHz speed and 4+ with turbo boost

racknerd i/o speed is 80MB/s (which means quick reads of data from disk)
    buyshared was 25MB/s

racknerd mySQL Max. concurrent connections: 152
    buyshared 4000

rackned has more EP and NPROC, something 200.
    CPU and RAM, both have 1 each ONLY.
    Though buyshared offered more RAM, 1.5 for higher plans.

BTW buyshared is defunct service now. No new sales happening

Thank You for sharing this! Very detailed, and good to know.

Happy to hear that our service is performing. As always, be sure to reach out if you ever need anything [email protected] -- thanks!

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • kireonzkireonz Member

@dustinc

Just bought 2 more VPS. Long live RackNerd, would you please check your inbox? im struggling to find WHCMS alternative since their per month license is very expensive :(

• @dustinc said:

I second this. Speeds from looking glass is good, and the speeds are optimized to india. Works well for me!

@kireonz said:
    @dustinc

Just bought 2 more VPS. Long live RackNerd, would you please check your inbox? im struggling to find WHCMS alternative since their per month license is very expensive :(

Hi @kireonz -- thank you for expanding your services with RackNerd :) Let's keep growing together 👊

As for the direct emails, I've also have replied to those as well. If anything was missed, just be sure to let me know. Here to help.

@godslayer said:

@dustinc said:

I second this. Speeds from looking glass is good, and the speeds are optimized to india. Works well for me!

:# Nice!