Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to mount ISO on IPMI
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to mount ISO on IPMI

aliletalilet Member

I am trying to mount ISO but as soon as I click Connect CD/DVD button, IPMI console crashes and closes the window. It generates a big log file on my PC which contain lots of information. One particular error in that file is EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Using JRE version 7 update 80 on Windows 10.

Second thing is where do I access boot sequence menu so I can change it to CD first? I saw this IPMI tutorial which has this option but not in my case.

https://www.exxactcorp.com/blog/Troubleshooting/how-to-install-an-operating-system-os-using-ipmi

Comments

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

Did you try touch to support? Issue may be caused by many reason. One of them may be old IPMI firmware.

• Have you tried resetting the IPMI?

• @rustelekom said:
    Did you try touch to support? Issue may be caused by many reason. One of them may be old IPMI firmware.

Will do this as last resort.

• @ankursharma8715 said:
    Have you tried resetting the IPMI?

Yes I have tried "Reset BMC" option in control panel.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Supermicro Server? Which IPMI Version is it?

I have seen same issue on some older Supermicro servers of a Colocation customer.

• aliletalilet Member
    edited May 2021

@HostSlick said:
    Supermicro Server? Which IPMI Version is it?

I have seen same issue on some older Supermicro servers of a Colocation customer.

• @alilet said:

@ankursharma8715 said:
    Have you tried resetting the IPMI?

Yes I have tried "Reset BMC" option in control panel.

If you have administrator privileges then try resetting the IPMI from the 'Maintenance' tab. If you don't have the administrator login then contact the provider to help you.

• DynaDyna Member

i think ''EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION'' mean you dont have the privileges power ask your administrator