Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

premium providers that offer free DA on vps?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

premium providers that offer free DA on vps?

gappergapper Member
edited March 2021 in General

appart of nexusbytes and buyvm... are there others?

nexusbytes 2gb $5/mo
buyvm 2gb $7/mo

Comments

• kuroneko23kuroneko23 Member
    edited March 2021

@InceptionHosting do give one on demand if I'm not wrong

• I guess @hotlineservers does as well

• LeeLee Veteran

InceptionHosting.com
    Ramnode.com ($3 but overall still good value)
    IntoVPS.com

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Member, Patron Provider

@kuroneko23 said:
    @InceptionHosting do give one on demand if I'm not wrong

In Netherlands and London yes, just not in Phoenix.

• @Lee said: IntoVPS.com

$2.50 now :) I think they're still taking a loss unless they're paying less than the $5/m internal.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @seriesn if I buy budget 2gb $5/mo...

1) am I going to be able to use DA so my vps would be like a "reseller hosting" service with unlimited domains?
    2) does DA comes preinstalled? if so, it comes with nginx or Apache?
    3) is DA configurable to I can set by default some PHP values for all the domains I add?
    4) is possible to set HTTPS (free SSL) by default for all the domains I add?
    5) what nameservers the domains should point to in order to get connected to my vps? i mean do you provide something like ns1.nexusbytes.com and ns2.nexusbytes.com?

When I'm talking about "all the domains I add" I mean my customer's domains.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited March 2021

@gapper said:
    @seriesn if I buy budget 2gb $5/mo...

1) am I going to be able to use DA so my vps would be like a "reseller hosting" service with unlimited domains?
    2) does DA comes preinstalled? if so, it comes with nginx or Apache?
    3) is DA configurable to I can set by default some PHP values for all the domains I add?
    4) is possible to set HTTPS (free SSL) by default for all the domains I add?
    5) what nameservers the domains should point to in order to get connected to my vps? i mean do you provide something like ns1.nexusbytes.com and ns2.nexusbytes.com?

When I'm talking about "all the domains I add" I mean my customer's domains.

Ahoy there!

It is a baremetal box and the IP itself gets tied to the license :). You will need to install and configure it to your liking.

What you do with your DA install and how you configure it solely up to you. If it is self managed, you will be using your own nameserver, which doesn’t take too long to setup either :)

This is a vps, you are your own boss, while running that bad boy ;)

On the managed vps lineup, we take care of all the hard works on your behalf :)

Thanked by 1gapper
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Some of providers issue a free limited license (personal/lite version) so don’t expect the standard license and check with providers prior to signed up.

Thanked by 1gapper
  • @seriesn please allow me one last question uncle Bob!

if I order today, me next due date would be on Apr 22 or on Apr 1? I ask because I like to have the same due date for all my servers (usually on day 1 of each month)

• @WebProject said:
    Some of providers issue a free limited license (personal/lite version) so don’t expect the standard license and check with providers prior to signed up.

interesting, I would like to know if nexusbytes and buyvm provide standard license (to resell hosting to unlimited clients i.e. domains) or simply personal/lite

• @gapper said:
    @seriesn please allow me one last question uncle Bob!

if I order today, me next due date would be on Apr 22 or on Apr 1? I ask because I like to have the same due date for all my servers (usually on day 1 of each month)

It will be the 22nd, but but but, we can update that for you and change the cycle/due date.

Full blown standard licenses boss :)

Thanked by 1gapper
  • @seriesn uncle Bob sorry for being a question whore but... if I want to use your budget 2gb $5/mo vps for reseller hosting using DA then as you said I would need to use my own nameservers lets say ns1.summerhost.com and ns2.summerhost.com so it means that I would need to add a second IP ($2/mo) to my vps otherwise it would not work right?

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited March 2021

Unless you are hosting dns servers at different server location, don’t waste your money or IP :)

You can use only 1 IP if everything is single homed.

Ps. Never apologize got asking questions. It is better to ask and be ready instead of not asking and be disappointed.

Relationship 101 from uncle Bob 😅

Thanked by 1gapper
  • I was a Ramnode fanboy. But, after their recent acquisition, really dont know if their price/support/performance remains the same.

But, Do have a look at @InceptionHosting current offers at https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/170487/inception-hosting-the-sales-strike-back-part-ii-triple-bw-double-disk

I have their NL and UK vps. And both of them are great(Come with Unlimited user/domains free DirectAdmin license). Support/Network/Hardware everything is premium.