Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for something to download and upload
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for something to download and upload

VidalVidal Member

I'm looking for a service that lets me download files and upload them to a different hoster.

I'm new to this so I don't know what would work best, VPS or RDP?

With a storage of at least 50GB and if it lets me install a download manager of my choice it'd be great, but it's not necessary.

Comments

• codelockcodelock Member
    edited March 2021

If you are talking about torrents and don't know Linux commands you could try @PulsedMedia ,

If you want to configure it yourself using r torrent and maybe rclone try @Francisco buyvm slice + slab
    If you want to use public tracker give @cociu (cheapest storage KVM )
    Fyi. Buyvm lux also ignores US DMCA but is always out of stock (specially slabs)

a try but remember you will need to install and configure everything yourself while with @PulsedMedia you get everything pre configured but cannot do anything else on it.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • VidalVidal Member

@codelock said:
    If you are talking about torrents and don't know Linux commands you could try @PulsedMedia ,

If you want to configure it yourself using r torrent and maybe rclone try @Francisco buyvm slice + slab
    Fyi. Buyvm lux also ignores US DMCA but is always out of stock (specially slabs)

a try but remember you will need to install and configure everything yourself while with @PulsedMedia you get everything pre configured but cannot do anything else on it.

I don't mean torrents, it would be direct downloads.

• senossenos Member

@codelock said:

profession

• NoManNoMan Member

your site is offline rn.
    Can you give me more information about these plans:

• virtualization technology
    • Uplink port? number of VMs per node?
    • any guarantee on minimum available bandwidth?
    • Do we get a certain amount of un-throttled traffic for these plan? If the value is exceeded, the bandwidth will be reduced?
    • any looking glass to test the network?
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2021

@NoMan said:

your site is offline rn.
    Can you give me more information about these plans:

• virtualization technology
    • Uplink port? number of VMs per node?
    • any guarantee on minimum available bandwidth?
    • Do we get a certain amount of un-throttled traffic for these plan? If the value is exceeded, the bandwidth will be reduced?
    • any looking glass to test the network?

Pulled up for me.
    What are you seeing that is showing offline?

• kvm
    • 1Gbps port speeds per VPS.
    • "Unlimited" bandwidth but keep your sustained within reason depending on your package. Your allowed to burst.
    • https://spring-glass.dataideas.com/
    Thanked by 1NoMan
  • NoManNoMan Member

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

Pulled up for me.
    What are you seeing that is showing offline?

• kvm
    • 1Gbps port speeds per VPS.
    • "Unlimited" bandwidth but keep your sustained within reason depending on your package. Your allowed to burst.
    • https://spring-glass.dataideas.com/

your root site is under construction ( and the Alien Data doesn't seem to be an official website either):

So what's the FUP traffic for this package:
    4GB Ram / 40GB NVME / 240GB SSD

Is the second disk (SSD) dedicated?
    "1Gbps port speeds per VPS" is too good to be true :)

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • donkodonko Member

buy an hetzner cloud, install windows from iso then do download/upload for whatever you want (except torrent cuz can get dmca), in the cheapest vm i can burst 2 Gbps using google drive

Thanked by 1Vidal
  • @donko said:
    buy an hetzner cloud, install windows from iso then do download/upload for whatever you want (except torrent cuz can get dmca), in the cheapest vm i can burst 2 Gbps using google drive

Why Windows? I've never installed Windows myself on a VPS, and have often wondered why anyone would. Does it have better networking options like what OP is asking for?

• If you are looking for just a file storage just get a Linux VPS and get a FTP server going on it

• donkodonko Member

@scooke said: Why Windows? I've never installed Windows myself on a VPS, and have often wondered why anyone would. Does it have better networking options like what OP is asking for?

sorry in this part of the world term "RDP" is kinda asocied more with windows remote desktop than linux, as he said is "new" i assume that is he's looking for :)

• @donko said:

@scooke said: Why Windows? I've never installed Windows myself on a VPS, and have often wondered why anyone would. Does it have better networking options like what OP is asking for?

sorry in this part of the world term "RDP" is kinda asocied more with windows remote desktop than linux, as he said is "new" i assume that is he's looking for :)

Ah, ok, I'll look up RDP then, see what I can learn about it. Thanks for the reply.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2021

@NoMan said:
    your root site is under construction ( and the Alien Data doesn't seem to be an official website either):

So what's the FUP traffic for this package:
    4GB Ram / 40GB NVME / 240GB SSD

Is the second disk (SSD) dedicated?
    "1Gbps port speeds per VPS" is too good to be true :)

Good day,

• 4GB Ram / 40GB NVME / 240GB SSD - > 50Mbps(16.5TB/Month) sustained but you can burst to 1Gbps. (Just don't be an unfriendly neighbor or you will get a ticket asking to control your sustained or upgrade your package.) We won't go shutting your down if you go over 50Mbps sustained.
    • The SSD and NVME drive space is dedicated to you
    • Each VPS has a 1Gbps port speed and is burstable to that speed.
    • AlienData.com and DataIdeas.com is our websites. If you click on "Store" it will take you to the main Billing system and you can see all of our current products. We are redoing our websites to make them better looking.

Thank you,
    Josh

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@Vidal said:

@codelock said:

I don't mean torrents, it would be direct downloads.

If you are fine with linux shell, then you can use wget, aria2 etc. on our service

• I think people here overestimate OP knowledge. Would recommend Windows VPS. (RDP)

Thanked by 2donko Vidal
  • VidalVidal Member

@donko said:

Do you know of one with Windows that allows torrents too by any chance?

• donkodonko Member
    edited March 2021

@Vidal said: Do you know of one with Windows that allows torrents too by any chance?

i don't do torrent too often so i just use buyvm for when i need it

Thanked by 1Vidal