Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Re: RamNode and InMotion Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Re: RamNode and InMotion Hosting

Hey Everyone,

My name is Sunil and I’m the co-founder of InMotion Hosting. I understand that there has been some speculation about the acquisition of RamNode by InMotion Hosting. We were planning on sending out the official press releases next week, but I wanted to give you a brief update here.

• InMotion Hosting, via our acquisition arm WebVentures.io, did acquire the assets of RamNode in early February.
  • Nick and I really felt that InMotion Hosting was the best move for his customers and employees.
  • InMotion Hosting will continue to run the RamNode brand as-is. No re-branding, consolidation or changes to the core product line is on the table right now.
  • All staff, outside of Nick, have come over in the deal. It is my core focus that we will do our best to maintain the culture, quality of support and technical experience that you all have come to expect from RamNode.
  • Nick is a great guy, he and I have spent quite a bit of time on the phone getting to know each other personally and professionally. Additionally, the CTO of RamNode is a former InMotion Hosting employee, and his technical background and experience will be valuable as we grow the RamNode business.
  • Along with a match in core values, there is synergy in our technical roadmaps, which we plan to build on. Especially our shared vision of building easily-accessible and high-performance clouds on OpenStack.

Hope this provides some clarity. Be on the lookout for our official press releases next week.

Thank You,

Sunil Saxena
Co-Founder, InMotion Hosting

Comments

• coldcold Member

we hope you also keep the current prices and maybe come with some smashing offers for the LET comunitie.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks Sunil and thank you to all of our customers from LET over the years! I'm excited about the future of RamNode as part of InMotion. As Sunil indicated, the team is still onboard--it's just time for me to pursue other endeavors. I'll still be around for a while to assist with transition, but you all are in good hands!

• Let's see how this goes, congrats Nick! :)

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • yikes

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

If Nick starts something new, that's where my $7 or less goes.

• 10301030 Member

Congrats! >:)

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • damn gotta find a new host now

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Congrats @Nick_A and best of luck in your future endeavors.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • LeeLee Veteran

@cold said: we hope you also keep the current prices and maybe come with some smashing offers for the LET comunitie.

Yeah, you can pretty much kiss that idea goodbye.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Congratulations to both @sunilsaxena and @Nick_A

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • lpnlpn Member

@sunilsaxena : you mention synergies. Given that InMotion Hosting appears to only have servers in US datacenters, do you plan to keep Ramnode's NL offering and pricing?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Congrats @Nick_A hope whatever you do next is just as exciting!

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • nessanessa Member, Patron Provider

@lpn said:
    @sunilsaxena : you mention synergies. Given that InMotion Hosting appears to only have servers in US datacenters, do you plan to keep Ramnode's NL offering and pricing?

We are still operating all current RamNode locations, including NL. We do not have any intention of changing that.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • coldcold Member

@nessa said:

@lpn said:

We are still operating all current RamNode locations, including NL. We do not have any intention of changing that.

congrats on your 1st post ^^

• cazrzcazrz Member

Bye bye ramnode and Nick! We wish you all the best with your new adventure!

Time to shop for new home.

... >>> backups ... >>> restore

Thanked by 1truweb
  • HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Congrats @Nick_A!

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

Congrats to both @Nick_A and @sunilsaxena on the sale

Thanked by 2Nick_A nessa
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited March 2021

Nothing ever good comes after someone says "synergy". :p

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2021

I remember the time InMotion offered me $17k/year to move to Virginia Beach. That was funny. I was thankful in the end, wouldn’t have likely had the same career. But it does make me wonder how they treat their support team. It was an immediate turn off from the company as a whole for me. Sysadmins living in poverty and all, which is all you could do for those wages in that area.

I’m not saying I’m a great catch but Linux admin work is generally considered a bit above making French fries.

• LeeLee Veteran

@jar said: I remember the time InMotion offered me $17k/year to move to Virginia Beach.

Imagine how much lower it would have been if they really knew you.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@jar said:
    I remember the time InMotion offered me $17k/year to move to Virginia Beach. That was funny. I was thankful in the end, wouldn’t have likely had the same career. But it does make me wonder how they treat their support team. It was an immediate turn off from the company as a whole for me. Sysadmins living in poverty and all, which is all you could do for those wages in that area.

Kinda expected, if you invest money, you expect a return.
    I was wondering where they gonna cut it.

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@jar said: $17k/year to move to Virginia Beach

One of my part-time sysadmins is paid 3x that in a 3rd world country :lol:

@Lee said: Imagine how much lower it would have been if they really knew you.

:joy:

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Lee said:

@jar said: I remember the time InMotion offered me $17k/year to move to Virginia Beach.

Imagine how much lower it would have been if they really knew you.

Thanked by 2Lee lentro
    edited March 2021

@jar said: I’m not saying I’m a great catch

If you enjoy 24x7 Taylor Swift memes, worth the money.

Thanked by 2MichaelCee Wolveix
    edited March 2021

@Lee said: Imagine how much lower it would have been if they really knew you.

He was probably a lot more fun back then (when he was drinking). That's when he came up with the name HostBalls (and now it's the much less entertaining name HostedTalk).

Thanked by 4Lee jar benj0x Wolveix
  • LeeLee Veteran

@qps said: He was probably a lot more fun back then (when he was drinking). That's when he came up with the name HostBalls (and now it's the much less entertaining name HostedTalk).

That's the Everclear effect for you.

Thanked by 3jar skorous Wolveix
  • I still have quite some credits in my account with RamNode, hope that would not be affected in any way.

• nessanessa Member, Patron Provider

@JerryHou said:
    I still have quite some credits in my account with RamNode, hope that would not be affected in any way.

It won't be. As noted, RamNode will continue operating as normal. If you have questions though feel free to reach out :)

Thanked by 3Nick_A JerryHou eva2000
  • @nessa said:

@JerryHou said:
    I still have quite some credits in my account with RamNode, hope that would not be affected in any way.

It won't be. As noted, RamNode will continue operating as normal. If you have questions though feel free to reach out :)

yall wanna fix the dog shit uptime on atlshared8?

Thanked by 1drunkendog
  • my billing will be from Ramnode or Inmotion?

This discussion has been closed.