Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ramnode Sold to InMotion Hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ramnode Sold to InMotion Hosting?

HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

If you check the org name for Ramnode's ASN, it has now changed to InMotion Hosting, Inc. https://bgp.he.net/AS3842

Looks like the changes happened in the last couple weeks. Not sure if this has been brought up already. Anyways, if this is the case - congrats on the sale @Nick_A

ASNumber:       3842
ASName:         RAMNODE
ASHandle:       AS3842
RegDate:        2012-07-26
Updated:        2021-02-19    
Ref:            https://rdap.arin.net/registry/autnum/3842

OrgName:        InMotion Hosting, Inc.
OrgId:          INMOT-1
Address:        360 N. Pacific Coast Highway
Address:        Suite 1055
City:           El Segundo
StateProv:      CA
PostalCode:     90245
RegDate:        2008-06-03
Updated:        2020-10-22

Comments

• LeviLevi Member
    edited March 2021

ASN Updated: 2021-02-19. If they get bought, than there was no communication with customers :open_mouth:

• thanks for your post.

• Is this a good or a bad thing for LET peeps?

• @caracal said:
    Is this a good or a bad thing for LET peeps?

Depends on your price sensitivity

• If this is true, really worried about quality and pricing in future(Dont know anything about inmotion hosting, but know of top notch Ramnode quality for years).

• 10301030 Member
    edited March 2021

InMotion is a top provider. Premium level: Pro
    They customer support is very fast, and it's not outsourced.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Interesting. Would have expected to hear something. We use ramnode for one of our dns servers if i recall right, or some other similar small task which needs multiple geographic locations

• cazrzcazrz Member
    edited March 2021

I noticed this the other day the changes in the ASN org. If this is true then we will be moving out the services we have from Ramnode. ASAP

@Nick_A

• @cazrz said:
    I noticed this the other day the changes in the ASN org. If this is true then we will be moving out the services we have from Ramnode. ASAP

>

why?

• lpnlpn Member
    edited March 2021

I was a customer of theirs for few years some time ago, the VPS was fine, but I cancelled the service as eventually I didn't need it anymore. Recently I was looking at their NL shared hosting after my current hosting provider increased the prices by a lot. Looks like that I won't be switching to them as in cases like this the prices increase most of the time.

• Ramnode is a solid provider but Inmotion taking over might change everything......

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • cazrzcazrz Member

@sibaper said:

@cazrz said:

>

why?

Our business is managed web services.

Thanked by 1sibaper
  • who is Inmotion ?

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@Harambe said:
    If you check the org name for Ramnode's ASN, it has now changed to InMotion Hosting, Inc. https://bgp.he.net/AS3842

Looks like the changes happened in the last couple weeks. Not sure if this has been brought up already. Anyways, if this is the case - congrats on the sale @Nick_A

ASNumber:       3842
    ASName:         RAMNODE
    ASHandle:       AS3842
    RegDate:        2012-07-26
    Updated:        2021-02-19    
    Ref:            https://rdap.arin.net/registry/autnum/3842

OrgName:        InMotion Hosting, Inc.
    OrgId:          INMOT-1
    Address:        360 N. Pacific Coast Highway
    Address:        Suite 1055
    City:           El Segundo
    StateProv:      CA
    PostalCode:     90245
    RegDate:        2008-06-03
    Updated:        2020-10-22

Could just be some IP space that is being traded?
    I'd hate to cancel my 8y/o 128MB OVZ box.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

No, InMotion acquired by Ramnode :joy:

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Remember, folks.

The end is always nigh.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2021

@K4Y5 said: Could just be some IP space that is being traded?

https://whois.arin.net/rest/org/RL-82

us.ramnode
    RamNode LLC
    20140327 185.52.0.0/22 ALLOCATED PA
    20140327 2a04:c5c0::/29

Ramnode no longer owns any IPs or ASNs in the ARIN region. They still have a RIPE /22 IPv4 and /29 IPv6.

• :o
    I still have $600 credit with ramnode.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2021

@hiphiphip0 said:
    :o

Just as an aside -- I'd recommend against using any hosting provider as a bank. I would suggest a couple of months payments in credit at the very maximum (e.g. to cover you if you are away / bank card gets replaced / etc).

Account credit isn't nearly as safe as a bank or emoney account like revolut etc or even PayPal.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Just opened a ticket asking for confirmation.

• @jackb said:

@hiphiphip0 said:
    :o

Just as an aside -- I'd recommend against using any hosting provider as a bank. I would suggest a couple of months payments in credit at the very maximum (e.g. to cover you if you are away / bank card gets replaced / etc).

Account credit isn't nearly as safe as a bank or emoney account like revolut etc or even PayPal.

If they used one of the credit promos, up to $150 of that was completely free.

Might not be as safe as a bank account but that's a decent return :tongue:

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Ramnode is one of the OGs so this is sad to see... considering InMotion is a fully managed provider I honestly don't see this ending well. I'll be moving my VM's with them asap

• edited March 2021

Would be nice of @Nick_A to chime in on that..
    I might have to move some of my VMs as well :-/

• I would like a host that is stationary and not in motion tho >.>

• coldcold Member

it just was confirmed in a thread

• LeviLevi Member

@niceboy said:
    If this is true, really worried about quality and pricing in future(Dont know anything about inmotion hosting, but know of top notch Ramnode quality for years).

Inmotion support is better than ramnode. So be happy if you receive it.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Hey everyone - please check this thread :)

• nessanessa Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2021

@Hassan said:
    Ramnode is one of the OGs so this is sad to see... considering InMotion is a fully managed provider I honestly don't see this ending well. I'll be moving my VM's with them asap

There's really no intention of re-branding or changing the core business model. RamNode will operate as-is and will continue to be an unmanaged provider, with the same great staff :) Please see this post for more information.

Thanked by 3Hassan cold eva2000