Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoYouStart: Bad support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SoYouStart: Bad support

Hello,
I have 2 dedicated servers with SoYouStart, and I have ordered FailOver IP's for these servers. However, when I would like to delete FailOver IP services, they said I could not delete them because of blacklistings, although orders were newly recent and IP's not yet used, and blacklisting was UCEPROTECT-LEVEL3 (by ASN, not by me).
While I opened tickets, supporting guys were talking in vicious cycles for many days in order that I could not delete FailOver IPs services.

Comments

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2021

You need to ignore UCEPROTECT-LEVEL3 as they are just scam RBL (as they don’t care about you or that you follow the process, they do care about whitelisting services at $$$), if you do check properly your IP is clean and the UCEPROTECT blacklisted whole ASN.

• I know that.
    However, SoYouStart/OVH did not permit me to delete IP services because of the fact was not made by me.

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited February 2021

@WebProject said:
    You need to ignore UCEPROTECT-LEVEL3

Try reading next time, it's not OP who's concerned with the blocking (at least not directly). It's basically SoYouStart refusing to cancel the addon failover IPs that OP ordered due to them being blacklisted which, by OPs account, were not caused by his actions.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2021

Probably still true with OVH that if you want support, you have to pick up a phone. Anything less and well that's what you get, less.

Thanked by 2Lee Falzo
  • LeeLee Veteran

@jar said: Probably still true with OVH that if you want support, you have to pick up a phone. Anything less and well that's what you get, less.

This, never had any issues with them as long as you phone them.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I have also had great support from SYS. I've been with them 6 years

• Try sending them a ticket via fax.

Thanked by 2WebProject plumberg
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

SYS had support?

It never did.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2021

@jmgcaguicla said: Try reading next time, it's not OP who's concerned with the blocking (at least not directly). It's basically SoYouStart refusing to cancel the addon failover IPs that OP ordered due to them being blacklisted which

I do get the issue, but it's also depends how the OP is requested the cancellation. The way you be able to cancel in the control panel - don't need to call or open ticket and if the OP is paying for IPv4 address simply don't renew it - simple task for some people is rocket science for the others!

#nomoredrama

• bshbsh Member

@WebProject said:

I do get the issue, but it's also depends how the OP is requested the cancellation. The way you be able to cancel in the control panel - don't need to call or open ticket and if the OP is paying for IPv4 address simply don't renew it - simple task for some people is rocket science for the others!

I tried to renew the server without renewing FO IPv4 services, but they are always included in the bill. Therefore, I could not cancel IP services, neither via control panel nor via SYS API access nor stopping payment.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@bsh said:

@WebProject said:

I tried to renew the server without renewing FO IPv4 services, but they are always included in the bill. Therefore, I could not cancel IP services, neither via control panel nor via SYS API access nor stopping payment.

You can use their web based API to cancel FO IPs if the panel does not work. Over the years many have learned that the API is the best way to do tasks if the panel has random issues or missing functionality.

• bshbsh Member

You can use their web based API to cancel FO IPs if the panel does not work. Over the years many have learned that the API is the best way to do tasks if the panel has random issues or missing functionality.

it was not possible via API access

• HostStageHostStage Member, Host Rep

You may mention to the support that the UCEPROTECT-LEVEL3 blocked their ASN as you pointed out and link them the Uceprotect link mentioning so. Actually a few other in EU are concerned. (I believe online.net has also been affected rather simultaneously - to fact check).
    You can also check in Hetrixtools to see whether there are more RBL you haven't spotted.
    Fabelsource is generally also blacklisting by default but it can be quickly removed and I'm unsure they are actually checking it out.

• bshbsh Member

@HostStage said:
    You may mention to the support that the UCEPROTECT-LEVEL3 blocked their ASN as you pointed out and link them the Uceprotect link mentioning so.

I did it to clarify that I did not make the issue

You can also check in Hetrixtools to see whether there are more RBL you haven't spotted.

Thanks !

Fabelsource is generally also blacklisting by default but it can be quickly removed and I'm unsure they are actually checking it out.

Yes, it's really, just few minutes to figure out.