Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some feedback on KVM servers.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need some feedback on KVM servers.

PcJamesyPcJamesy Member
edited September 2013 in Offers

I'm looking for a few community members to test out a few KVM servers, just do whatever you would normally do. set up a game server or something if you are so inclined.

Specs.

2048 MB memory

100 GB Disk Space

1 ipv4 address

KVM/SolusVM

250GB bandwidth (only limited due to being free)

FREE

We are working on the finishing touches such as setting up all the templates and expect to have them done in a day or two. If you would like to provide some feedback you have to be a regular in the community; 10+ posts and latest 2 weeks active. The server will be free till the 20th of this month.

Send me a DM with your email and i'll get you set up if you meet the requirements and all i want is the feedback in return.

Thanks

Comments

• At least offer them some discount when you launch or something. Why would people test your commercial product for you for free? What's in it for them?

• @serverian ill be thinking do something, most likely will offer an account credit to be used as they with.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Whats the renewal price?

• i'm looking at doing a LET price of $7 on the 2048 MB plan and $5 on a 1024 MB plan with less drive space.

• @PcJamesy good price.

• With a KVM offering, you might want to think about an SSD plan/option, too. What's the location?

• @andrzej i'm thinking about ssd caching, the io needs some work right now. server is located in phoenix arizona.

• 250GB bandwidth too small , not enough you must increase it .

• @moh2952 that's only for the free account a paid one would have 2 TB

• @PcJamesy there is no iso existing, are you going to add later?

• MorningIrisMorningIris Member
    edited September 2013

Very poor speed so far

root@xxx:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync

16384+0 records in

16384+0 records out

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 31.9324 s, 33.6 MB/s

• Send me a DM with your email and i'll get you set up if you meet the requirements and all i want is the feedback in return.

If that's the case shouldn't you be posting the criteria based on which you'll offer these, even they're FREE?

• dd bs=1M count=256 if=/dev/zero of=test conv=fdatasync
    256+0 records in
    256+0 records out
    268435456 bytes (268 MB) copied, 1.89242 s, 142 MB/s

I've improved the io of the node, offer for free trial vms is still open and i've decided that those who've help with testing out will receive a free month once we launch, of course the server is free until we open up for orders.

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    I think you did a different test. That's why it shows a faster speed o.0

• PcJamesyPcJamesy Member
    edited September 2013

@zen

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 6.68025 s, 161 MB/s

also the first test i ran is about double what it was initially.

• @zen I was using the one that i normally use. I do agree with you about running the same test. (Especially when they provide a better result)

• i hope to test one .