Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for 2 Core VPS with 6GB Ram - I7 7700k and up or Xeon 2698 v4 / Xeon W-2195
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for 2 Core VPS with 6GB Ram - I7 7700k and up or Xeon 2698 v4 / Xeon W-2195

Hi guys,

Looking for 2 Core VPS with 6gb RAM that runs on any of the CPU cores I've mentioned in the title .

Alternatively can also take 1 core with 3Gb Ram for half the price

Budget is $10 $12 and can be OpenVz .

Location is not mandatory but prefer DC's with good latency / links between Western Europe and US .

Anyone ? :smile:

Comments

• You can get a Ryzen VPS at NexusBytes with 4 cores and 4GB ram from 12.8$ per month. I'm pretty sure @seriesn would be up to create a custom quote for you for 2 cores and 6gb of ram.

• Are you looking for those CPUs specifically or just anything equivalent to/better than? IE would AMD EPYC or Intel E work?

• @miroc said:
    You can get a Ryzen VPS at NexusBytes with 4 cores and 4GB ram from 12.8$ per month. I'm pretty sure @seriesn would be up to create a custom quote for you for 2 cores and 6gb of ram.

THanks , I checked them but I couldn't find any reference to the CPU being what I'm looking for ?

It needs to be either I7 / I9 line 7700k and upwards or the two other Xeon Cpus I mentioned .

• L00piNL00piN Member
    edited February 2021

@WSCallum said:
    Are you looking for those CPUs specifically or just anything equivalent to/better than? IE would AMD EPYC or Intel E work?

Hum well, theoretically intel cpus are better at the kind of processing I need to do but I haven't seen any benchmarks using these EPyc Models , guess it wouldnt hurt to try so thanks for the suggestion I will ask if they can spin me a trial instance .

Intel E would work but from the E Line it has to be E2698 V4 / equivalent or better .

Edit: Judging from the specs on paper the single core performance of the I7's should be significatively better than the Epycs,and single core performance is what's it all about for me .

• Does I have to be Xeon? Ryzens are pretty fast <3

• @seriesn said:
    Does I have to be Xeon? Ryzens are pretty fast <3

For sure, just looked more carefully and the benchmarks for what I want are actually better for both the EPyc 7501+ models and Ryzen 9's 3900x .

Wow :D

Changing requirements I guess !

• ryzen is epic :sunglasses:

• WSCallumWSCallum Member
    edited February 2021

Alright, we can do the following in LA on Intel E-2278G processors:
    4GB RAM, 40GB NVMe, 2 Cores, 4TB Bandwidth
    Comes in at $8 per month - ORDER LINK

Offers the good balance between the two packages requested

• @L00piN said:

@seriesn said:

For sure, just looked more carefully and the benchmarks for what I want are actually better for both the EPyc 7501+ models and Ryzen 9's 3900x .

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5760975 A bit of juice in case you were interested.

• mirocmiroc Member
    edited February 2021

@seriesn said:

@L00piN said:

@seriesn said:

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5760975 A bit of juice in case you were interested.

why linux 4.18?

• @miroc said:

@seriesn said:

@L00piN said:

@seriesn said:

why linux 4.18?

Old reliable.

• @WSCallum said:

Thanks ! Looks interesting, any chance to get a vps spinned for some quick tests ? A bit tired of buying vps's that I just use for 1 day to run tests at :/

• @seriesn said:

@L00piN said:

@seriesn said:

Do you do host passthrough ? I need the AVX flag to be available in cpuinfo

• @L00piN said:

@WSCallum said:

Thanks ! Looks interesting, any chance to get a vps spinned for some quick tests ? A bit tired of buying vps's that I just use for 1 day to run tests at :/

Sadly not but you're more than welcome to make use of the 14 day refund period

• @L00piN said: Do you do host passthrough ? I need the AVX flag to be available in cpuinfo

While host passthrough is enabled, sadly AVX flag isn't :(

• @seriesn said:

@L00piN said: Do you do host passthrough ? I need the AVX flag to be available in cpuinfo

While host passthrough is enabled, sadly AVX flag isn't :(

Well, that won't work in that case, thx anyway !

• Still looking for I7 / I9 or E52698 v4 upwards or equivalent cpus !

Even if the Ryzens are better on paper the Intels still working better for my usage case .

Anyone ?

• L00piNL00piN Member
    edited February 2021

Absolutely, from what I see it has better single core performance than E2678, am I wrong ?

Would it be possible to spin me a 4gb RAM trial instance for 24h please ?

Thanks

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

Sure, We have sent you a PM on instructions.
    Thank you,
    Josh