Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please Help me to choose a Lenovo 24" FullHD Monitor
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Please Help me to choose a Lenovo 24" FullHD Monitor

ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
edited February 2021 in Help

Hi All,

Could you please help me out, about which monitor is better in color, and etc. What will be your choose?

Flicker free is a must.

1, 24" FullHD, 2017 model, IPS, 8Bit true, USB C
https://www.lenovo.com/gh/en/monitors/t24m

2, 24" FullHD, 2020 model, IPS, 6Bit + FRC = 8bit, Displayport
https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/monitors/office/T24i-20A20238FT023-8-inch-Monitor-HDMI/p/61F7MAR1US

Mostly for Work,Home and casual gaming. Mostly strategy games.

I dont know if always the newest is the best.

Any idea?

Thank You!!

Comments

• Why no love for Dell? UltraSharp series is notorious and insanely good for the money. My-self sitting with 2017 model. Amazing color quality and price range was also acceptable.

Thanked by 2eingress vero
  • @LTniger said:
    Why no love for Dell? UltraSharp series is notorious and insanely good for the money. My-self sitting with 2017 model. Amazing color quality and price range was also acceptable.

Owned two Dell2412M , but both of them damaged within a few years. So.. I dont know. Also I should get the lenovo monitors for 180 eur

Thanked by 1Levi
  • Consider buying one of cheap 144hz options?

You will really appreciate the smothness of even moving the mouse.

I recommend a higher refresh rate over higher color accurate monitor as long as both are 300 nits of brightness As I cannot really tell the difference with my eyes

Photo artists and video editor don't @ me

• Flicker free is a must.

6Bit + FRC

That might be a no, depending on the sensitivity of your eyes.

• +1 for Ultrasharp - and FYI mine has been going strong for 6+ years

• Go for 27 inch 1440p monitor if you can afford it. I have Dell 2715h and Im happy. Choose monitor with best brightness adjustment. Most people are just burning eyes with stupid monitor settings. I myself have brightness setting set to zero and contrast to ~30. I can sit before PC 10-12 hours a day without eye pain.

P.S. Many monitors have very high lowest brightness settings and you cant do anything with that. Dell 2715h is one of monitors that can go very low on brightness while still having good image quality.

P.S.S. I you work with colors (Photoshop or something) - Eizo or NEC monitors are the way.

• verovero Member, Host Rep

One more vote for Ultrasharp series monitors - haven't found anything better in this price range yet. Having fast response time monitor is a bonus (and a must for gamers - I have older 1ms TN monitor for that), but if you do not want to pay extra for 1ms IPS, then Ultrasharp is a safe bet for accurate colors and overall experience.

• @MeAtExampleDotCom said:

Flicker free is a must.

6Bit + FRC

That might be a no, depending on the sensitivity of your eyes.

Well, the dell has FRC too.

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/00f31453b8

• edited February 2021

@ZweiTiger said:
    Well, the dell has FRC too.

I was assuming one being described in the initial post as "8bit true" and the other as "6Bit + FRC = 8bit" indicated that one of them truly had 8-bit output, where the other was 6bit with temporal dithering.

Perhaps it is because the 6bit+ monitors I used were (it has been a while) relatively cheap generally, but the difference was certainly noticeable in some circumstances and I've avoided temporal dithering since. Not in-your-face screaming obvious, but the effect was there. I expect it is less of an issue on more modern panels that are capable of higher refresh rates, but when I've been shopping the price saving has not been worth the "risk" of it still being a thing that I'll notice, and other spec differences have swayed the decision anyway.

For what it is worth: for dev work I like a 32" 2560x1440 panel as my primary - approximately the same dot pitch the smaller screens it replaced at 1920x1080 but more on screen at the same scale factor. Depending on the current task it is either helpful to have the extra real-estate for one app (for instance VS or GIMP) or I end up effectively using it as two 1280x1440 portrait panels (SSH sessions, simple editors for mail & such, browsers for reading, ...) sometimes further sub-divided. I have one of the 23.5" screens it replaced off to the side as a 2nd/3rd, rotated so it is portrait, generally with mail, teams, and taskbar & notifications on. I have the same setup for home and office. For 4X games the extra size at the same scale is nice too: more of the map on display with less scrolling, though some don't entirely cooperate and scale their UI elements to take the same %age of the screen-space as it would at 1080 (presumably assuming the higher resolution is there for more smoothness rather than more content, which in fairness might be true for most gamers). It is also nice for OSMaps and similar for trail route planning.

Thanked by 1ZweiTiger
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:
    Why no love for Dell? UltraSharp series is notorious and insanely good for the money. My-self sitting with 2017 model. Amazing color quality and price range was also acceptable.

Agreed got mine during a SMB sale 8 years ago and still my daily driver.

• +1 for all the Dell UltraSharp votes. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a U2720Q, but am curious if Dell will release a 2021 version.