Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VOTED #1 LET TOP PROVIDER! RackNerd, LLC -- cPanel Shared Hosting + Reseller Hosting - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VOTED #1 LET TOP PROVIDER! RackNerd, LLC -- cPanel Shared Hosting + Reseller Hosting

Comments

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@kireonz said:
    @dustinc

Congratulations

My experience with RackNerd is so awesome, the support they give is really amazing, is like their SSD its lightning fast :wink:
    Best provider so far, best CEO.
    This one provider that will give you help even you guys bought the unmanaged VPS, not like the other.
    I really hope in the future you guys have package for managed VPS too.

Again congratulations for being no 1 Top Provider, it suit you well Dustin

Go go RackNerd 🤟🤟🤟

Thank You so much! We try our best 🥳 And it's always awesome customers such as yourself who recognize our hard work.

Happy to have you with RackNerd!

Thanked by 1kireonz

@Erisa said:

@dustinc said:

@bark said:
    Expected as much. Nicely done dustinc!

SSH access in cPanel?

Hi @bark - by default SSH access is not provided. We can enable jailed shell access on a per account basis. Please feel free to open a support ticket to request this to be enabled.

This doesn't cost extra?
    It does on a lot of providers and confuses me sometimes, though I suppose it does bring in extra points of abuse and failure (Which justifies manual enabling, not sure about cost..)

If so, respect.

Hi @Erisa -- usually a fee is attached for this, but the truth is not many inquire regarding this, and for those that do, we usually help by enabling it at no cost.

Thanked by 2Erisa bark
  • @dustinc never tried SHARED HOSTING

can I use this to host a nextcloud instance?

ssh access will be an added advantage, but is there any cost involved?

@licher70 said:
    @dustinc never tried SHARED HOSTING

can I use this to host a nextcloud instance?

ssh access will be an added advantage, but is there any cost involved?

Hi @licher70 -- thank you for your interest in our shared hosting! Totally possible. We can enable jailed shell for you, at no cost.

• I have been using Racknerds' shared hosting and can vouch for their reliability & speed!

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Gotta try this one. My first shared hosting purchase in 7 years or so.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Hi, is there any guide to enable memcached/redis via LiteSpeed Cache?
    I have enabled them via the Cpanel but still got the Disabled Status.
    Thank you a lot!

Thanked by 2dustinc JasonM
  • @KenobisVPS said:
    Hi, is there any guide to enable memcached/redis via LiteSpeed Cache?
    Thank you a lot!

Maybe you can downgrade your php version to 7.2

@KenobisVPS said:
    Hi, is there any guide to enable memcached/redis via LiteSpeed Cache?
    Thank you a lot!

Hello KenobisVPS - thank you for giving us a shot. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity.

At this time we do not officially support Memcached/Redis on our shared hosting platform, nor is it something that cPanel support currently recommends enabling it on a shared hosting environment.

If Memcached/Redis is a concrete requirement for you - I would recommend considering one of our VPS plans, where you would receive full root access and can configure the server according to your specific requirements. We have some VPS specials here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3202515/#Comment_3202515

@godslayer said:
    I have been using Racknerds' shared hosting and can vouch for their reliability & speed!

<3

• May I know what is the server specification for this reseller hosting?

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Congratulations RackNerd, Some day I will be your customer.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • this guy @dustinc keeps tempting.. I already have 2 plans with Racknerd.. please dont.. :smile:

Thanked by 2DewlanceVPS dustinc
  • @Galeej said:
    this guy @dustinc keeps tempting.. I already have 2 plans with Racknerd.. please dont.. :smile:

Might need one more ;)

• @dustinc do you guys offer migration for shared hosting purhcases?

• @vickybus said:
    @dustinc do you guys offer migration for shared hosting purhcases?

Yes they do. Free migration

Thanked by 1dustinc

@smile93 said:
    May I know what is the server specification for this reseller hosting?

Hi @smile93 -- thank you for asking!

The specs are as follows:

Intel Xeon E3
    32 GB RAM
    4x 1TB Enterprise SSD’s
    LSI Hardware RAID10
    Dual 1Gbps Uplinks

Please keep in mind, we have many of these nodes; and this design has worked amazingly well. Many can vouch for performance, speed, and reliability.

@DewlanceVPS said:
    Congratulations RackNerd, Some day I will be your customer.

Hi @DewlanceVPS -- appreciate your support! We hope to work with you soon :)

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS

@Galeej said:
    this guy @dustinc keeps tempting.. I already have 2 plans with Racknerd.. please dont.. :smile:

Sometimes, you have to fulfill your temptations 🧨💥🥳

@vickybus said:
    @dustinc do you guys offer migration for shared hosting purhcases?

We do provide free migration, as long as your previous/current provider has cPanel - we can make it happen :)

Looking forward to working with you.

• @dustinc said:

@smile93 said:

Intel Xeon E3
    32 GB RAM
    4x 1TB Enterprise SSD’s
    LSI Hardware RAID10
    Dual 1Gbps Uplinks

Please keep in mind, we have many of these nodes; and this design has worked amazingly well. Many can vouch for performance, speed, and reliability.

What are the specs of the processor?

@Sebster27 said:

@dustinc said:

@smile93 said:

Intel Xeon E3
    32 GB RAM
    4x 1TB Enterprise SSD’s
    LSI Hardware RAID10
    Dual 1Gbps Uplinks

What are the specs of the processor?

Typically E3-1275v3 - for example, new orders would be deployed on this specific proc - we're constantly turning up new servers, so it may vary but this is what you can expect.

• Normal people see Racknerd website
    Racknerd
    For nerds, by nerds 🤓

LET & LEB member see Racknerd website
    Racknerd
    We’ve doubled your bandwidth 👊

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thanked by 1MagicApple

@kireonz said:
    Normal people see Racknerd website
    Racknerd
    For nerds, by nerds 🤓

LET & LEB member see Racknerd website
    Racknerd
    We’ve doubled your bandwidth 👊

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hahaha, love it! We do give back to the community, so double bandwidth is a must :#

• @dustin please check ticket 436273 I don't want to post everything in public, but I have moved all my domains out of the reseller in racknerd for now.

@Chalipa said:
    @dustin please check ticket 436273 I don't want to post everything in public, but I have moved all my domains out of the reseller in racknerd for now.

Hi @Chalipa -- taking a look and also assigning a sys admin on this now as well.

Hi @Chalipa -- I've replied to your ticket.

• Hi, sorry to ask noob question here
    what is
    EPROC (Entry Processes) Limit - 200
    NPROC Limit - 220

@velton said:
    Hi, sorry to ask noob question here
    what is
    NPROC Limit - 220

Hi @velton - we utilize CloudLinux on all of our shared/reseller hosting servers to ensure maximum performance, and stability.

Entry Processes is used to define the maximum amount of active connections at the same time. While NPROC limits are to define the maximum number of processes within the LVE environment (i.e. pop3/imap/php/cron/etc).

This is explained in further detail here: https://cloudlinux.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004516985-EP-and-NPROC-limits-a-look-from-inside

Our LVE limits we've found, are quite generous for shared/reseller hosting environments, and they are increased significantly compared to what CloudLinux LVE by default imposes. Therefore, generally, our customers don't reach anywhere close to these limits.

• @dustinc said:

@velton said:
    Hi, sorry to ask noob question here
    what is
    NPROC Limit - 220

Hi @velton - we utilize CloudLinux on all of our shared/reseller hosting servers to ensure maximum performance, and stability.

Entry Processes is used to define the maximum amount of active connections at the same time. While NPROC limits are to define the maximum number of processes within the LVE environment (i.e. pop3/imap/php/cron/etc).

This is explained in further detail here: https://cloudlinux.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004516985-EP-and-NPROC-limits-a-look-from-inside

Our LVE limits we've found, are quite generous for shared/reseller hosting environments, and they are increased significantly compared to what CloudLinux LVE by default imposes. Therefore, generally, our customers don't reach anywhere close to these limits.

Thanks for the information.
    i brought some sharehosting with some other local provider which had inode limit. Literally the plan looks affordable with the price but found out that I can never finish up the space in the plan with 150k inodes limit. 3 Wordpress installed and emails already hit 85% of the inodes.

your share plan look interesting with no inodes limits that's why I curious about EPROC & NPROC limits