Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$10/y LXC container in Antwerp - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$10/y LXC container in Antwerp

Comments

• @marvel said:

@licher70 said:
    any restriction on reinstalling the templates?

None except for your patience. It does take a few minutes.

Thanks for your replies, ordered one today :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2021

@licher70 said:

@Fritz said:

@stefeman said:

@licher70 said:

Have you seen any provider bill you for automatic re-installs? I have not so I doubt this one will either xD

Virmach does that.

30 free reinstall.

https://img.x11.pw/image/FsW

Don't know whether they will charge you to help you reinstall.

AlphaVPS also got this 30 reinstall limitation

You gotta pay for a reinstall, its like an addon sir.
    I wonder if Virtualizor/Solusvm charges now per Reinstall? and only includes 30 free but I would doubt it.

• @Neoon said:

@licher70 said:

@Fritz said:

@stefeman said:

@licher70 said:

Have you seen any provider bill you for automatic re-installs? I have not so I doubt this one will either xD

Virmach does that.

30 free reinstall.

https://img.x11.pw/image/FsW

Don't know whether they will charge you to help you reinstall.

AlphaVPS also got this 30 reinstall limitation

You gotta pay for a reinstall, its like an addon sir.
    I wonder if Virtualizor/Solusvm charges now per Reinstall? and only includes 30 free but I would doubt it.

I ran both virtualizor and solusvm and was never confronted with this limit so yeah I highy doubt it.

Maybe it's done to prevent 'reinstall storms'. By doing 1000 reinstalls in one day.

Thanked by 2licher70 skorous
  • Do you have plans to offer a reverse proxy to use that service as webserver so we do not have to rely on cloudflare?

• Order got flagged as fraud...... so many people use these days wireguard to route all traffic...

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Learntolive said:
    Order got flagged as fraud...... so many people use these days wireguard to route all traffic...

You can always disconnect, especially when you have to deal with payment related matters.

• @Learntolive said:
    Order got flagged as fraud...... so many people use these days wireguard to route all traffic...

You specified US as country but your IP is in Helsinki. That's why you got flagged.
    I'm not saying you are doing this but a lot of Europeans do this to bypass VAT payment and tbh your name does sound very Finnish.

Thanked by 1pike
  • @Multi said:
    Do you have plans to offer a reverse proxy to use that service as webserver so we do not have to rely on cloudflare?

Not at this time but that's not a bad idea, I will look into it :)

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 2021

@Learntolive said:

Vai yritettiin sitä veroja kiertää ;D Ei toimi hosting-alalla ikävä kyllä.. kaikilla on lowendtalkissa samat huijauksenestot päällä.

• JioJio Member

sounds like someone actually got caught trying to fraud over $2

• ArirangArirang Member
    edited January 2021

I didn't do anything but load average is higher than 0.5-0.9. Is this load average value of host node or container itself?

Can you try this again? Restart your container first though. I added the option in the topic provided by @Daniel15

It seems to be normal. Thanks!

• pikepike Veteran

@marvel said:
    I'm not saying you are doing this but a lot of Europeans do this to bypass VAT payment and tbh your name does sound very Finnish.

Noo no, noone here would do this. That's illegal you know. >:)

Thanked by 1chrisp
  • @marvel said:
    Btw ppl if you pay with crypto remember the service will be delivered when your payment has 2 confirmations. This can take some time usually around 1 hour, sometimes longer.

This is one of the reasons why I thought crypto was stupid. I get nearly all my endorphins from instant purchasing.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@thedp said:

@Learntolive said:

You can always disconnect, especially when you have to deal with payment related matters.

I've encountered Virmach flagging TunnelBroker.net IPv6 as "VPN" and rejecting the order.
    I have to get around them by connecting to VPN - I have OpenConnect VPN server in the home router and it doesn't have IPv6.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@yoursunny said:

@thedp said:

@Learntolive said:

I've encountered Virmach flagging TunnelBroker.net IPv6 as "VPN" and rejecting the order.
    I have to get around them by connecting to VPN - I have OpenConnect VPN server in the home router and it doesn't have IPv6.

You're always special my man :joy:

Thanked by 2yoursunny Erisa
  • Never tried lxc. Does it support second level disk quotas now?

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

@marvel looks nice
    port 80/443 reverse proxy for IPv4 will be great.

which control panel is being used?

• I've ordered now. #202101175

Thanked by 1marvel
  • @WebHorizon said:
    @marvel looks nice

Proxmox VPS from Modulesgarden. It has its flaws but it works quite well and support is decent.

Thanked by 1Abd
  • marvelmarvel Member
    edited January 2021

@WebHorizon said:
    @marvel looks nice

I've been looking into a reverse proxy but it would be hard to do, since the reverse proxy needs to know the domain name and the destination NAT IP (also for generation of the Letsencrypt certificate).

I've noticed this topic: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/107604/whmcs-module-to-handle-haproxy-entries

Which is probably what I need but it went dead. Or maybe somebody has some other idea how to do this?

• I just wanted to let you know that Wireguard works just fine. v6/v4 connectivity is just fine, connected from Turkey. Sometimes the v4 is mistakenly located in Russia.No issues whatsoever.

Thanked by 1marvel
  • @st1905 said:
    I just wanted to let you know that Wireguard works just fine. v6/v4 connectivity is just fine, connected from Turkey. Sometimes the v4 is mistakenly located in Russia.No issues whatsoever.

Awesome, good to hear. Thanks for the feedback!

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

@marvel said:

@WebHorizon said:
    @marvel looks nice

I've been looking into a reverse proxy but it would be hard to do, since the reverse proxy needs to know the domain name and the destination NAT IP (also for generation of the Letsencrypt certificate).

I've noticed this topic: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/107604/whmcs-module-to-handle-haproxy-entries

Which is probably what I need but it went dead. Or maybe somebody has some other idea how to do this?

proxcp recently updated support for IPv6 + nat IPv4 vps and support domain forwarding.
    my last experience was not very excellent, but could try them once. things should be better now.

Thanked by 1marvel
  • It early days but migrated two WordPress sites behind Cloudflare onto one of the LXC 512mb nodes and more than happy with the performance. Did some load testing via loader.io can easily sustain levels of traffic way beyond what I am ever expecting.

Thanked by 1marvel
  • I just started using one of these VPSes on https://dnstools.ws/. Performance is very good!

A small issue I hit was that /bin/ping in the Debian template was missing thesetuid bit (so non-root users couldn't ping) but a quick sudo chmod u+s /bin/ping fixed that.

@marvel said: I've been looking into a reverse proxy but it would be hard to do, since the reverse proxy needs to know the domain name and the destination NAT IP (also for generation of the Letsencrypt certificate).

I think @mikho or @Cam (or both) offer HAProxy on their NAT VPSes; you could see how they're doing it?

• @Daniel15 said: A small issue I hit was that /bin/ping in the Debian template was missing thesetuid bit (so non-root users couldn't ping) but a quick sudo chmod u+s /bin/ping fixed that.

Sure about that fix? My (Debian 10) ping is
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 69368 Jan 14 2020 /usr/bin/ping

• st1905st1905 Member
    edited April 2021

After almost 3 months, i have had zero issues with this service. My cable internet provider is using cgnat here (No ipv6 connectivity is provided) so i used /64 ipv6 subnet provided by Novos(i only used /127 though) to have my services hosted thru cgnat (used NDP Proxy Daemon). When i connect via Wireguard, i have a public ipv6 address assigned to my local interface. Combined with cloudflare, anyone with ipv4 or ipv6 can connect to my local services. For $10/y, its absolutely great.

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • @st1905 said:
    After almost 3 months, i have had zero issues with this service. My cable internet provider is using cgnat here (No ipv6 connectivity is provided) so i used /64 ipv6 subnet provided by Novos(i only used /127 though) to have my services hosted thru cgnat (used NDP Proxy Daemon). When i connect via Wireguard, i have a public ipv6 address assigned to my local interface. Combined with cloudflare, anyone with ipv4 or ipv6 can connect to my local services. For $10/y, its absolutely great.

Consider doing a full tutorial on this?

• # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-12-29                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Wed Apr  7 06:45:04 UTC 2021

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7451 24-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2877.690 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 512.0 MiB
    Swap       : 1.0 GiB
    Disk       : 6.8 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 33.88 MB/s    (8.4k) | 389.50 MB/s   (6.0k)
    Write      | 33.97 MB/s    (8.4k) | 391.55 MB/s   (6.1k)
    Total      | 67.86 MB/s   (16.9k) | 781.06 MB/s  (12.2k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 716.54 MB/s   (1.3k) | 816.72 MB/s    (797)
    Write      | 754.62 MB/s   (1.4k) | 871.12 MB/s    (850)
    Total      | 1.47 GB/s     (2.8k) | 1.68 GB/s     (1.6k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 907 Mbits/sec   | 701 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 907 Mbits/sec   | 660 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 836 Mbits/sec   | 577 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 237 Mbits/sec   | 117 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 720 Mbits/sec   | 486 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 516 Mbits/sec   | 133 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 630 Mbits/sec   | 133 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | busy            | busy

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 744 Mbits/sec   | 746 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | 540 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 740 Mbits/sec   | busy
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 533 Mbits/sec   | 531 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 623 Mbits/sec   | 317 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 671
    Multi Core      | 615
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/73087

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @codelock said:

@st1905 said:

Consider doing a full tutorial on this?

I can upload my config, its pretty straightforward.