Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to reduce time server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to reduce time server

Hello i have one of the clients website on VPS, and when scanning it in the seo tool getting this error:

"Reduce server response time"

What are th causes of this? the VPS only have 2 wordpress websites.

Comments

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

You need to optimise Wordpress and database, plenty of tools available, check the DNS too.

Thanked by 1supporthost
  • It can depend on a hell of a lot of factors, optimisation could be one of them but it could also simply be down to location as well - if the test server is in the EU for example, and the server is in the US, response time is obviously going to be higher.

Don't take everything at face value and actually read in to why it's throwing that error.

Thanked by 1supporthost
  • "Wordpress/PHP" and "Reduce server response time" is not scientifically possible.

• fazarfazar Member
    edited January 2021

I am assuming server response time as time to first byte. use page/post caching plugin. set cache expiry time to never expire. 😁

Thanked by 2chip supporthost
  • RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

Caching isn't a fix for "slow code" and shouldn't be used as such ...

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

@Jona4s said: "Wordpress/PHP" and "Reduce server response time" is not scientifically possible.

It is but it can be difficult

Thanked by 1supporthost
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@supporthost said:

'Web server response time' and 'time server' are drastically different things. No help for someone not caring enough to at least word the title to roughly reflect his problem.

Thanked by 1supporthost
  • @jsg perhaps, just perhaps English is not his primary language and his fluency is weak. Just perhaps consider an alternative explanation. Whether your help or help with attitude would be welcomed- is a whole different issue.

• @supporthost Google is your friend. This was one of the first links https://onlinemediamasters.com/reduce-server-response-time-wordpress/

gives 19 steps to consider. Might be a useful start.

Thanked by 1supporthost

@Unbelievable said:
    @jsg perhaps, just perhaps English is not his primary language and his fluency is weak. Just perhaps consider an alternative explanation.

Neither server type will care. At all.

Whether your help or help with attitude would be welcomed- is a whole different issue.

No problem. The great Unbelievable is already here to "help" by offering Google search links.

• @jsg said:

@Unbelievable said:
    @jsg perhaps, just perhaps English is not his primary language and his fluency is weak. Just perhaps consider an alternative explanation.

Whether your help or help with attitude would be welcomed- is a whole different issue.

No problem. The great Unbelievable is already here to "help" by offering Google search links.

All this drama for what? Some bogus pseudo SEO science. SEO is stupid.

Thanked by 1jsg

@smallbibi said:

All this drama for what? Some bogus pseudo SEO science. SEO is stupid.

Yes, that on top of everything. But to some it seems important and I respect that, although chances of success are quite limited by very bad language skills plus careless use of language.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited January 2021

@jsg said:

@supporthost said:

'Web server response time' and 'time server' are drastically different things. No help for someone not caring enough to at least word the title to roughly reflect his problem.

When I saw the title, I was wondering why they need to use fewer NTP servers.

Thanked by 2jsg skorous
  • reduce wp response time?

switch to static generators such as hugo, hexo, and a few alternatives.

the next step is to locate/hunt a fast and reliable vps, and that's it.

• lyb9blyb9b Member
    edited January 2021
  • UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited January 2021

@jsg said:

@Unbelievable said:

@jsg Read the link and all of the suggestions. Then mouth off with more of your shit on how to do it the "right way". At least I provided a solid starting point while you just provided more of your verbal diarrhea.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • fazarfazar Member
    edited January 2021

@eva2000 wrote a good example and detailed explanation to optimise wordpress installation.

https://blog.centminmod.com/2020/09/06/203/wordpress-cache-enabler-advanced-full-page-caching-guide

ps. centminmod blog running wordpress, but its ridiculously loaded fast on any browsers and has low TTFB.

• @supporthost said:
    Hello i have one of the clients website on VPS, and when scanning it in the seo tool getting this error:

It starts with DNS resolution. So pick a DNS provider with fast DNS resolution. The other thing to consider is to ensure that above the fold part of the landing page loads quickly. So load just enough Css/JavaScript (excluding public CDN) for above the fold first and then load the rest in an asynchronous manner. Enabling HTTP 2.0 may also assist.

@Unbelievable said:
    [the usual "I don't like jsg" ningering]

I hope you feel better now - and superior. Have a nice weekend.

• JorboxJorbox Member
    edited January 2021

If you have dynamic content caching will not solve the problem

Thanked by 1supporthost
  • You need to use CDN to reduce the response time or nginx webserver

• @Jorbox said:
    If you have dynamic content caching will not solve the problem

Yes it will what about varnish caching?

• @supporthost said:

Does the server have enough memory? Is the node the vps on heavily loaded?

Is the clients website full of large images? .... there are lots of reasons for slow loading

• Have you tried to turn on Gzip?

• @Hotmarer said:
    Have you tried to turn on Gzip?

how does that help with the TTFB?

• @Falzo said: how does that help with the TTFB?

Sometimes such seo tools react differently.

• @Hotmarer said:

@Falzo said: how does that help with the TTFB?

Sometimes such seo tools react differently.

LOL.... no.