Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone use anyNode? LV VPS offline for 24 hour
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone use anyNode? LV VPS offline for 24 hour

FritzFritz Veteran
edited January 2021 in Outages

My VPS from New Year Deal (Las Vegas) is offline for 24 hour.
Ticket is not responded till now.

Including all tickets about network quality, random shutdown (in total 3 open tickets, left open for almost 72 hour now).

Not able to turn on, restart or reinstall the VM from their Dahlia Panel (completely broken).

Before this ultimate shutdown,
Network is saturated, around only 5MB/s-9MB/s download speed from Hetzner testfile or other providers Test file.

VPS randomly shutdown with no logs (I have to restart manually).

Is this a sign about Heavily Oversold? Is this nornal condition with anyNode?

I read all the good reviews about them, Hopefully this is just a temporary problem.

I can read on their website something about : Great Support.
(We make sure our customers always receive high quality).

Unfortunately, I can't find that quality now.

Comments

• Try getting refund if possible and run away as fast as you can. This was a common thing until(last month I cancelled) I had a service with them(they had solus back then).

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @niceboy said:
    Try getting refund if possible and run away as fast as you can. This was a common thing until(last month I cancelled) I had a service with them(they had solus back then).

Hey, sorry to hear that.

Did you experience the same issue like me?

How to refund as they never reply tickets.

As per their TOS, any refund request will be categorized as fraudulent.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • Fake news. Mine has been working perfectly since I got it. Always found tickets to be handled pleasantly too.

Besides, every server has a shit connection to servers on the other side of the world. Something something laws of physics.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @its420somewhere said:
    Fake news. Mine has been working perfectly since I got it. Always found tickets to be handled pleasantly too.

Besides, every server has a shit connection to servers on the other side of the world. Something something laws of physics.

Care to share your proof? Tickets, dahlia panel.

I can give mine anytime .

• @its420somewhere

I've been around here for some quite time now.

I'm not a pro in VPS world but I do know what is called "Working" and "broken".

They are clearly two different things.

• I also have problems. Network is one of the most unreliable I've been on, after X outages I started monitoring with Hetrix, https://hetrixtools.com/report/uptime/b9f3826c250a4ddfa706524ad4ed07cb/

I also have service with BuyVM and Hostodo in the same DC and do not have the network issues. In fact, I even get problems from their own LV looking glass to my VPS.

Control panel is limited. Requires ticket for VNC access etc.

• @Fritz

Just ignore his shit. Look at @tetech's Hetrix Tools report - Statistics don't lie. And it is the most reliable monitoring tool.

• @Fritz said:
    Hey, sorry to hear that.

Did you experience the same issue like me?

How to refund as they never reply tickets.

As per their TOS, any refund request will be categorized as fraudulent.

Pretty much the same experience.

I paid monthly and hence not tried refunds. Good luck.

• I have new year KVM plan from anynode.

network may be have some issue I don know.

because it happen when peoples say buyvm have a ddos attack

after that it feel normal.

vnc is problem , have make ticket and inform it is work in progress. it is $15/year and vps good so I wait.

• edited January 2021

One of mine has been up for 85 days ...

OS           : Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS (64 Bit)
     Virt/Kernel  : KVM / 4.4.0-190-generic
     CPU Model    : QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
     CPU Cores    : 1 @ 2599.998 MHz x86_64 16384 KB Cache
     CPU Flags    : AES-NI Disabled & VM-x/AMD-V Disabled
     Load Average : 0.12, 0.03, 0.01
     Total Space  : 15G (2.2G ~16% used)
     Total RAM    : 487 MB (31 MB + 264 MB Buff in use)
     Total SWAP   : 255 MB (9 MB in use)
     Uptime       : 85 days 21:23

And another one with 410 days:

OS           : Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS (64 Bit)
     Virt/Kernel  : KVM / 4.4.0-169-generic
     CPU Model    : QEMU Virtual CPU version 1.5.3
     CPU Cores    : 2 @ 2599.998 MHz x86_64 4096 KB Cache
     Load Average : 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
     Total Space  : 25G (12G ~47% used)
     Total RAM    : 991 MB (100 MB + 714 MB Buff in use)
     Total SWAP   : 511 MB (64 MB in use)
     Uptime       : 410 days 17:43

And here is a screenshot of my VMs with some stuff obviously hidden:

So its not like ALL of the VMs are down.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited January 2021

They have pretty much been a ghost ship for a while. What is likely is that they purchased some nodes for the holidays, slammed them full with cheap promotions, haven't looked at them since and there is a bunch of network abuse / resource abuse ongoing with no one checking on it. I was surprised when they were allowed to make offers after not being around or active for such a long time, but then again, this is LET.

My suggestion to those whom are having issues, if you followed the common knowledge path of only purchasing a new service from a provider you haven't done business with before at a month at a time, then I would suggest you cancel next month. If you let your self fall prey to a year long commitment (too-good-to-be-true deal), then do what you should have been ready to do when you gambled on such a deal in the first place, walk away. Don't expect your money back, don't expect it to work better or well.. just take it as a lesson that those whom have a brain around here know better than to fall for all these too-good-to-be-true yearly offers and that you should always go month to month if your money matters to you.

In my opinion, any of you who bought into yearly "too-good-to-be-true" holidays deals deserve exactly whatever you get. Be that a working service or the pile of dog shit pretending to be a service -- you made a decision based on cost not quality and you got what you paid for in either case.

"Pay peanuts, get monkeys."

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 3t0m RIYAD yoursunny
  • I noticed some intermittent downtime from them but nothing major like 24hrs. In my experience they can take up to a week to respond to tickets maybe in 1 - 3 days they get back to you, hopefully? There appears to be a discord so try that.

• @t0ny0 said:

Which location is that?

They only provide Dahlia Panel for me (reason: EOL of SolusVM). Maybe all the BF Deals/Yearly Deals are using Dahlia Panel.

• @Fritz said:

@t0ny0 said:

Which location is that?

They only provide Dahlia Panel for me (reason: EOL of SolusVM). Maybe all the BF Deals/Yearly Deals are using Dahlia Panel.

3 are in Las Vegas (both of the uptimes shown are in LV), and one is in Miami.

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    They have pretty much been a ghost ship for a while. What is likely is that they purchased some nodes for the holidays, slammed them full with cheap promotions, haven't looked at them since and there is a bunch of network abuse / resource abuse ongoing with no one checking on it. I was surprised when they were allowed to make offers after not being around or active for such a long time, but then again, this is LET.

My suggestion to those whom are having issues, if you followed the common knowledge path of only purchasing a new service from a provider you haven't done business with before at a month at a time, then I would suggest you cancel next month. If you let your self fall prey to a year long commitment (too-good-to-be-true deal), then do what you should have been ready to do when you gambled on such a deal in the first place, walk away. Don't expect your money back, don't expect it to work better or well.. just take it as a lesson that those whom have a brain around here know better than to fall for all these too-good-to-be-true yearly offers and that you should always go month to month if your money matters to you.

In my opinion, any of you who bought into yearly "too-good-to-be-true" holidays deals deserve exactly whatever you get. Be that a working service or the pile of dog shit pretending to be a service -- you made a decision based on cost not quality and you got what you paid for in either case.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Matthew (anyNode) has responded to my ticket finally and give temporary solution. He said my VPS is migrated while he check the problems.

All tickets has been responded.

The bottom line, I know I made a little brave step to buy a too good to be true deal, but hey, they have good reviews here, so I believe those reviews.

Apparently You are right, I believe they put me in an old node with full abuser.

I will try to stay with them for a little more time for now.

• @t0ny0 said:

@Fritz said:

@t0ny0 said:

Which location is that?

3 are in Las Vegas (both of the uptimes shown are in LV), and one is in Miami.

Can you check the network? By doing a YABS for each of LV VPS for me.

I think they blocked YABS now, at least in my node.

• anyNodeanyNode Member, Host Rep

Hey all!

Well firstly big apologise to @Fritz I was out mostly yesterday sorting things out personally (UK based Lockdown 3) and didn't get around to this which is completely unacceptable on our side. I understand this and I believe I've credited you accordingly if you do not feel that is enough please reach out to me in tickets again. Simply KVM3 (your old node) had a few VMs lockup, this behaviour wasn't expected and to help you get you on your way quickly I've moved you to another node. Currently none of our nodes are oversold and should never be. As for network congestion, this seems more a node setup issue we've had, rest assured I've got myself a crate of redbull this evening to bash it out and see if we can improve that.

@niceboy said:
    Try getting refund if possible and run away as fast as you can. This was a common thing until(last month I cancelled) I had a service with them(they had solus back then).

I'm sorry you feel this way niceboy, we too here hope to be niceboys and would absolutely love for you to come back and try us out again, if its okay with you I'd love to give you a 2 month trial on our new panel which while it is a bit lacking on features has been a lot more stable than Solus for us and we're working to improve it every week (same can't be said for SolusVM). We are working to migrate some of our SolusVM users over to Dahlia and so far have moved around 2-3 nodes over and we will continue this endeavour to keep improving our services. Again I'm sorry you feel this way and would love it if you could try us out again! Please shoot me a DM :wink:

@its420somewhere said:
    Fake news. Mine has been working perfectly since I got it. Always found tickets to be handled pleasantly too.

Hey thanks for the kind words! I do hope I can help Fritz and others out as well as I have with you. It's nice to see reassuring words that we're doing well!

@tetech said:
    I also have problems. Network is one of the most unreliable I've been on, after X outages I started monitoring with Hetrix, https://hetrixtools.com/report/uptime/b9f3826c250a4ddfa706524ad4ed07cb/

I also have service with BuyVM and Hostodo in the same DC and do not have the network issues. In fact, I even get problems from their own LV looking glass to my VPS.

Crikey that's no good at all! I do believe I can pin point those rough patches with some internal issues with a node or 2, this is one of the fixes that hopefully will be coming to life this evening. Hostodo is actually under our network so that would absolutely confirm to me this is as we suspected a node based issue which we are aware of and are working to improve. As for the limited control panel, absolutely I agree with you there and in regards to VNC specifically that's something that's coming this week I do hope, I'm working with Hassan who we've worked with to create this panel to get it fully implemented. I do hope if I can help anymore just open a ticket or reach out on Discord!

@swat4 said:
    @Fritz

Just ignore his shit. Look at @tetech's Hetrix Tools report - Statistics don't lie. And it is the most reliable monitoring tool.

Hetrix is pretty good and we're working on improving ourselves here, I hope one day you'd love to try us out too!

@notarobo said:
    I have new year KVM plan from anynode.

vnc is problem , have make ticket and inform it is work in progress. it is $15/year and vps good so I wait.

Hey! Yes absolutely we're working to improve the network and yes one of our outages was due to a DDoS FranTech (one of our upstreams) encountered. VNC absolutely and that's one of our top priorities to get rolled out and hopefully will be this week! Thanks for the info! :smile:

@TheLinuxBug said:

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Hey LinuxBug,

Yeah we've been a ghosting the forums and socials for a bit as we've worked to improve and redesign some of our plans behind the scenes we've been running as normal but not been doing too many sales or posts around as we work to improve. We've replaced our routers and some of our network equipment preparing ourselves to bring faster speeds in the future to our VMs and working to launch Dahlia our inhouse control panel with Hostodo. We do check for network abuse and we've been trying to create some scripts and algorithms to spot it better automatically and build ACLs to outright prevent it for some abuse. We do allow refunds on payments via Stripe or PayPal and will work to help users where possible. If anyone is not satisfied and wishes a refund please just open a ticket! We're here to help, and we'd absolutely love if once a few issues are ironed out you'd come and give us a trial and hopefully we can change your mind!

@trycatchthis said:
    I noticed some intermittent downtime from them but nothing major like 24hrs. In my experience they can take up to a week to respond to tickets maybe in 1 - 3 days they get back to you, hopefully? There appears to be a discord so try that.

Sadly yes we've had a few intermittent outages due to a upstream DDoS and some node setup based issues. Some tickets do take awhile as usually they are lower priority and we're working to improve this as well and absolutely please feel free to use our Discord!

@Fritz said:

We haven't blocked YABS on any nodes, if it's not running correctly please feel free to drop the info in a ticket and I'll see what can be done.

I hope I haven't missed anyone and I hope I've helped explain things better if not, pop in our Discord or open a ticket and we'd be happy to help!

Cheers LET

Hello,

I promised there would be fixes/changes/improvements. What I can inform you was the node issue was quite simply related to the filtering we do on VMs to prevent abuse. I've spent a few hours rewriting it entirely to help improve the node performance. KVM1 & KVM4 have already removed their old rules and KVM3 is currently completing the last ones. This should see a large improvement over the previous setup. Any issues open a ticket, if you're KVM3 just wait up to an hour or 2 :smiley:

Happy new year folks!

Thanked by 1VPSforVPN

Goddamnit, as I press send KVM3 is done. Hope that resolves your issues!

Thanked by 1VPSforVPN
  • @anyNode said:
    Hello,

I promised there would be fixes/changes/improvements. What I can inform you was the node issue was quite simply related to the filtering we do on VMs to prevent abuse. I've spent a few hours rewriting it entirely to help improve the node performance. KVM1 & KVM4 have already removed their old rules and KVM3 is currently completing the last ones. This should see a large improvement over the previous setup. Any issues open a ticket, if you're KVM3 just wait up to an hour or 2 :smiley:

Happy new year folks!

:+1: Good to hear. As your previous reply to me, I am not your customer but I must say I am impressed with your positive attitude in responding to criticism. Performance can be improved, but not attitude / mindset. Keep up the good work. I am sure your customers will like it :)

@swat4 said:

@anyNode said:
    Hello,

Happy new year folks!

:+1: Good to hear. As your previous reply to me, I am not your customer but I must say I am impressed with your positive attitude in responding to criticism. Performance can be improved, but not attitude / mindset. Keep up the good work. I am sure your customers will like it :)

Hello,

We do try and well, I do hope to change a part of your response. Thanks for the kind words hope you've had a good new year

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • @anyNode said:

Hello,

We do try and well, I do hope to change a part of your response. Thanks for the kind words hope you've had a good new year

:) Same here - I wish you a successful new year, and many to come.

• As an existing customer (legacy hostigation customer), i can tell you that they are always go beyond, Sometimes i do even feel sorry he spent too much time on one of my $15 VPS, That's the attribute i valued a lot. No matter how small amount you paid (of course be a reasonable cusotmer as if your demand of support is high, go for fully managed service).

@swat4 said: Good to hear. As your previous reply to me, I am not your customer but I must say I am impressed with your positive attitude in responding to criticism. Performance can be improved, but not attitude / mindset. Keep up the good work. I am sure your customers will like it

• @anyNode said:
    Hey all!

Well firstly big apologise to @Fritz I was out mostly yesterday sorting things out personally (UK based Lockdown 3) and didn't get around to this which is completely unacceptable on our side. I understand this and I believe I've credited you accordingly if you do not feel that is enough please reach out to me in tickets again. Simply KVM3 (your old node) had a few VMs lockup, this behaviour wasn't expected and to help you get you on your way quickly I've moved you to another node. Currently none of our nodes are oversold and should never be. As for network congestion, this seems more a node setup issue we've had, rest assured I've got myself a crate of redbull this evening to bash it out and see if we can improve that.

@niceboy said:

I'm sorry you feel this way niceboy, we too here hope to be niceboys and would absolutely love for you to come back and try us out again, if its okay with you I'd love to give you a 2 month trial on our new panel which while it is a bit lacking on features has been a lot more stable than Solus for us and we're working to improve it every week (same can't be said for SolusVM). We are working to migrate some of our SolusVM users over to Dahlia and so far have moved around 2-3 nodes over and we will continue this endeavour to keep improving our services. Again I'm sorry you feel this way and would love it if you could try us out again! Please shoot me a DM :wink:

@its420somewhere said:

Hey thanks for the kind words! I do hope I can help Fritz and others out as well as I have with you. It's nice to see reassuring words that we're doing well!

@tetech said:
    I also have problems. Network is one of the most unreliable I've been on, after X outages I started monitoring with Hetrix, https://hetrixtools.com/report/uptime/b9f3826c250a4ddfa706524ad4ed07cb/

Crikey that's no good at all! I do believe I can pin point those rough patches with some internal issues with a node or 2, this is one of the fixes that hopefully will be coming to life this evening. Hostodo is actually under our network so that would absolutely confirm to me this is as we suspected a node based issue which we are aware of and are working to improve. As for the limited control panel, absolutely I agree with you there and in regards to VNC specifically that's something that's coming this week I do hope, I'm working with Hassan who we've worked with to create this panel to get it fully implemented. I do hope if I can help anymore just open a ticket or reach out on Discord!

@swat4 said:
    @Fritz

Hetrix is pretty good and we're working on improving ourselves here, I hope one day you'd love to try us out too!

@notarobo said:

Hey! Yes absolutely we're working to improve the network and yes one of our outages was due to a DDoS FranTech (one of our upstreams) encountered. VNC absolutely and that's one of our top priorities to get rolled out and hopefully will be this week! Thanks for the info! :smile:

@TheLinuxBug said:

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Hey LinuxBug,

Yeah we've been a ghosting the forums and socials for a bit as we've worked to improve and redesign some of our plans behind the scenes we've been running as normal but not been doing too many sales or posts around as we work to improve. We've replaced our routers and some of our network equipment preparing ourselves to bring faster speeds in the future to our VMs and working to launch Dahlia our inhouse control panel with Hostodo. We do check for network abuse and we've been trying to create some scripts and algorithms to spot it better automatically and build ACLs to outright prevent it for some abuse. We do allow refunds on payments via Stripe or PayPal and will work to help users where possible. If anyone is not satisfied and wishes a refund please just open a ticket! We're here to help, and we'd absolutely love if once a few issues are ironed out you'd come and give us a trial and hopefully we can change your mind!

@trycatchthis said:
    I noticed some intermittent downtime from them but nothing major like 24hrs. In my experience they can take up to a week to respond to tickets maybe in 1 - 3 days they get back to you, hopefully? There appears to be a discord so try that.

Sadly yes we've had a few intermittent outages due to a upstream DDoS and some node setup based issues. Some tickets do take awhile as usually they are lower priority and we're working to improve this as well and absolutely please feel free to use our Discord!

@Fritz said:

We haven't blocked YABS on any nodes, if it's not running correctly please feel free to drop the info in a ticket and I'll see what can be done.

I hope I haven't missed anyone and I hope I've helped explain things better if not, pop in our Discord or open a ticket and we'd be happy to help!

Cheers LET

Hey,

Everything seems sorted out now except the network quality is stil below quality.

I hope you can improve time after time.

Good to see your positive reaponse.

I will monitor the server and definitely stick with you for whole year.

Thanks mate.

@derekyang said:
    As an existing customer (legacy hostigation customer), i can tell you that they are always go beyond, Sometimes i do even feel sorry he spent too much time on one of my $15 VPS, That's the attribute i valued a lot. No matter how small amount you paid (of course be a reasonable cusotmer as if your demand of support is high, go for fully managed service).

@swat4 said: Good to hear. As your previous reply to me, I am not your customer but I must say I am impressed with your positive attitude in responding to criticism. Performance can be improved, but not attitude / mindset. Keep up the good work. I am sure your customers will like it

Any time! We have clients going back to 2006/2007 from Hostigation still happy with their services! Glad you're well and if you're ever in need of a help please open a ticket!

@Fritz said:

@anyNode said:
    Hey all!

@niceboy said:

@its420somewhere said:

@tetech said:

@swat4 said:
    @Fritz

@notarobo said:

@TheLinuxBug said:

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Hey LinuxBug,

@trycatchthis said:

@Fritz said:

Cheers LET

Hey,

Everything seems sorted out now except the network quality is stil below quality.

I hope you can improve time after time.

Good to see your positive reaponse.

I will monitor the server and definitely stick with you for whole year.

Thanks mate.

Please can you give me some more info about the network quality in a ticket. I'm sure I can do some work on that for you :D

• Providers, read and learn from @anyNode !

Thanked by 1lowendboi
  • @VirMach Take notes, because this is how you should behave on a public site and this is how you should treat unsatisfied customers!!

Thanked by 1lowendboi
  • Something strange with Anynode.

I no more can login to control panel nor login to my vps ("No route to host"). When I try to log in to https://solus.anynode.net/resellercp/, it redirects me to https://my.serverplatform.io/login.php, where I use my account name and then hit the link "Forgot password?". Then I receive a letter with a link for new password generation. After click to this link a new message is received with a password, but still unable to login with this new password provided.

Tried 3 times. I'm even unable to open a ticket.

Wrote a message to @anyNode yesterday and still no answer.

Hello flashgun,

Have you tried a password reset on the billing platform? If you're unable to do a password reset via WHMCS can you drop me an email I've messaged you it and I'll look into this.

As for the redirect it seems it is forgetting to fully rewrite the URL. Please try https://my.serverplatform.io/resellercp/

Apologise we don't monitor our LET constantly. Please also try reaching out via discord if you need!

• Yes! https://my.serverplatform.io/resellercp/login.php seems the right link to use!

Thanks a lot, at least I can see the control panel.